1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i wrong for being upset?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so I had plans with my best friend today.We were supposed to go to the thrift store and then later tonight we were supposed 2 go to the gay club in D.C.She told me today at 11:55 a.m that she had to study for a damn test(because she has class on Saturday aswell).It really pissed me off because this isnt the first time she canceled plans on me at the last minute.I mean i understand that she needs to study for a test but what I do not understand is the fact that a professor just does not tell their students of a test that is expected to be given the next day.Maybe im wrong (im not in college) but she should have been given a date for this test.Basically she should have told me before about her not being able to hang out instead of telling me the day of.I would not be this upset if the gay club was only 18+ only on fridays as well .Going to gay clubs is the only way for me to express who I am and to interact with people that are just like me.That is why i love going to gay clubs because basically i feel alone most of the time because my life is stuck in a rut.(I also really love making out with guys :kiss:)I just wanted to have fun today and not be locked up in the house with nothing to do but stare at the walls.Am i wrong feeling this way?(Also I would go to the club alone but i don't have a license)(Driving classes are really expensive)

2. Minx

You're not wrong for being upset. It's frustrating when someone starts a string of last minute changes.

Try to plan an awesome weekend at home? :slight_smile:

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I hate when plans are cancelled. I get really depressed about it, but some people (like some of my old friends) are just really flaky and the best thing to do is not take their word too much at face value. Sad but true. :confused:

4. GabrielTai

It's reasonable for you to be upset that your plans were cancelled, but I wouldn't make it too hard on your friend. College can be rough, and sometimes professors do spring stuff on you or give you the wrong date for tests or assignments. My best friend was in college when we lived together and she was always cancelling our plans because of sudden changes in her school schedule. So, I know how you feel. But seriously, try not to be too hard on her. I bet she works really hard on her school-work, and she's probably stressed enough as it is without her friends being angry with her.

5. sanguine

it depends, Im the type of person who is waaaaaaaaay to lazy and tired to do anything else so I always have to make excuses so I dont have to go out, my favourite excuse is having no money, but sometimes there are legitimate excuses which can come off as lame, like not having something to wear or really not having money.