1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people who read your fb pm but not reply

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

Is there any reason? haha.
    Am I too intrusive? Are they trying to ignore me? Should I stop pm-ing people?

2. Minx

Sometimes I think we over analyze these.

I have a few friends who have apps that sign them in all the time without their knowledge. Which is annoying because I always think they're ignoring, when in reality they're not even really there. :lol:

3. Tiny Catastrophe

I have a fb messenger app on my phone and sometimes when I get a message and I'm out or busy I look to see who it is and it marks it as read but I'm not ignoring the person, I just can't answer at that time. And like Minx said, sometimes we over analyze things. I do it ALLLLLL the time lol.

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Depends. l don't keep up with "what's up'' PMs. IDGI.

lf we talk regularly. l generally ignore Pms that don't need specific info from me and reply when l want to hang out or have something to tell that person.

5. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know with my ipod it says I am online at all times and I will shows that I have read it if I check the time.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I honestly wish I could disable the feature to see when someone read a message I sent them, because I overthink the fuck out of why they haven't replied, thinking that I'm just wasting their time and they think too lowly of me to deign to reply to my message. It's gotten to the point where I only look at conversations with new messages from the other person, so I won't see if they've read my message and haven't replied.

And similarly, when I have a new message on Facebook, I don't open it to read it until I know I have the time to read and reply to what might be a long and involved message (with the kinds of people I friend, it happens more often than you'd think), because I don't want to inflict that same kind of insecurity/overthinking on someone else.

7. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sometimes i just forget to answer.....

8. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I usually just ignore facebook messages, the people on my facebook, the one's i want to stay in contact with have my phone number, so normally i just text them.

9. Bolin

That new feature that shows when the person read your message makes me paranoid.....

But usually, people have a good excuse for not replying. As for me, I sometimes check my message on my phone when I randomly wake up at night, so I'll be too groggy to reply. I still haven't replied to someone's message that I got yesterday morning... >_>

10. nevashiva

nevashiva Guest

And that's why I have no account on Facebook and MySpace and stuff like that, because people don't actually talk to you like a decent human being, and I don't know why is it called social media, when people RARELY use it to that effect at least most of the people I know.

They are self conscious (oh if i answer right away it means im always on facebook) GEE, well I thought thats why we get on facebook to feel connected all the time what are u so insecure about there? Or the sudden appear offlines. As long as itsn't a wall message theyll play you like no tomorrow, coz its 'private' who cares about what the world can not see. UGH.

Its just a massive pile of social image bs. Most just try to perfect how to say the wittiest status messages, and how to like the coolest thing, oh look at me I'm doing and this and that, I am a celebrity now!. You know what fine that's cool and all, but maybe open a blog then, or maybe you should call it blogger.com or something.

So ya my conclusion that's how people use facebook, I just wish it was more 'out there' instead of the constant random...wtf moments on it, I mean on a blog your expectations of the individual are much different right?

Grrrr I hate facebook so much, I guess I just don't get that 'game'. Or I wish people stop pretending it isn't about that game.

11. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    are you me?

12. The username

Yeah, I really dislike that feature.

Sometimes I would get a message where I could think over a reply and respond a few days later (and pretend I just hadn't been on Facebook). Now I feel more inclined to answer back quickly.

It also depends on the type of message. I know if someone sends me a text message, I may find it amusing, but I may not have a good response to it. In which case I just don't respond.

@nevashiva. I agree. I unsubscribed from everyone, so I no longer have to read pointless status updates, etc. (This keeps me off Facebook. I probably am on it for less than 2 minutes a day). The only thing that keeps me from deleting it is that it is quite useful for the occasional group message or events.

#12 The username, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This feature first started when I sent the message coming out to my second cousin/former youth director. It drove me crazy because I could see that he read the message, but he didn't respond until about a month later.

I always forget to respond to messages. I just kind of forget that they exist..

14. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always get worried over PM's on facebook, it feels like they deliberately ignore me but in my head I know they're not.