1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What qualities do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jamipaau, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Jamipaau

Out Status:
    A few people
    Physical, Emotional, or Talents?

2. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    emotional and physical, i like the personality in a girl, they have to not be completely obsessed with their appearance, they also need to be able to have a good time doing pretty much anything :slight_smile:

3. Auxibiology

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a relationship, looks don't matter to me too much. For emotional, I won't date someone if they are either a huge jerk or a person who you can't trust. Talents, I don't mind, but goody art trades are nice most of the time. :3

4. Cthulhu

As long as the person isn't a douche, I'm very flexible.

5. SomeKid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think of myself as pretty tolerant and understanding. But, when somebody is super cocky, its a deal-breaker.

6. Really to be worthy of me a person would have to be perfect in every way (I'm ok dying alone).

7. silkfrog1292

I don't have much prerequisites physically unless they are taller than me, as for emotional, i would have to say i'm quite picky on personality. Finally on talents, i'm fine with whatever, but a like guys with musical talents. :slight_smile:

8. DeanIsHome

I love a guy who's kind, respectful, and honest, if he can be like that then i don't really care too much what he looks like (maybe just a little bit...)

9. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I recently wrote this out for another site. :slight_smile:
    -Compassion. I am very picky about this. They must be fantastic empathizers.
    -Sensitive to social issues. No privileged pricks for me.
    -Does not want children...I think.
    -Androgynous to feminine in style (others divide people based on gender...mine is more about gender expression)
    -Polyamorous (or ok with my polyamory) but not promiscuous...I think.
    -Really good conflict resolution skills (even more important in polyamory)
    -Wants to settle down in a relatively liberal middle-class area and not move around a lot.
    -Does not think their religious beliefs would make me more moral or happier.
    -Up to ten years off my age (although that doesn't work for ten years younger than me for now!).

Sexual lifestyle is less important if I am to be dating other people. Sexual lifestyle will be very important if I decide to be monogamous. Then the requirement would be sexual potency and can be the dominant/top in bed.

There are probably more traits, but that's all I can think of for now.

10. June Cleaver

My man!
    1st, He must have values, like; prays, puts his kids/ partner first, strong work ethic, etc.
    2nd, He must be attracted to me.
    3rd, He must be no more than 5 years older and 10 years younger than me.
    4th, He must make me feel like I want to be a better person than I am every day.
    5th, He must be compatable with me.
    6th, He must want a housewife, and accept me as I am and not want me to change.
    7th, He must not do drugs.
    These are a few things I looked for in a man before I met mine. June

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Physical and emotional for me. I have to be physically attracted to a girl before I can have an emotional relationship with her. I am very visual

12. Alexander69

I need him to care about me love me and I want to be able to love him and care for him that's all I care about

13. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Physically doesn't matter much just not into obese guys not only does it reflect on their self-esteem that it doesn't jive with my personality type. Personality to me is key in any relationship as it will span a lifetime unlike physical attributes. A man who I invision to be a partner must be politically liberal, socially sensitive, adventerous, brave, nonarrogant, socially apt and in general not full of himself. I cannot stan the idea that anybody thinks that the world wwouldn't move without them breathing.

14. Jim

Jim

I look for individualism (in looks and personality), intelligence, wit and similar humor to me (i.e dark, immature, sexual and inappropriate)

I also like masculine females and feminine men, idk why. And blonde hair on girls, but I dislike blonde hair on men.

15. Physical: healthy, somewhat feminine
    Emotional: compassionate, self-confident but humble, honest, good sense of humor, intelligent, and adventurous (because I love to travel)
    Talents: It would be lovely if she could cook. I like food.

16. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm really liking this classmate, I guess I can use the situation as are ference xD

The emotional side counts A LOT for me. I guess in therms of talents, what I want in a guy is intelligence, patience, and preferably good skills in Humane studies; Psychology, Anthropology, etc. I don't know why but smart people turn me on, a lot XD.

I have a thing for Musicians too, and he is a Musician T_T, so am I at some extent.

Physically, I don't mind really that much, but must have a cute face : P. Slightly taller than me or about the same height, which he also fits. "Strong" Arms, turn me on a lot. Not like huge athletic arms, more like naturally "strong".

Hair is also cool. But I'm more exigent on the emotional side. Must be polite, well educated, kind. That range of stuff.

17. Stage Wanderer

If I am to look for someone I have never cared for looks that much, however big big big beautiful forgiven truth loving caring trustworthy heart, believe me I think it is the most hard to find from all the above.

18. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Oh, talents. Something I didn't mention. At least adequate at taking care of themselves. I don't want to be a baby sitter... I'd have to date around a bit to be able to identify exactly what I mean by that, though.

And that we are able to talk without boring each other. Most of the times this has happened with a friend, it got better as we got closer, but...sometimes...there's just no nope. xP

Scent. I don't think I could live with someone with whom I hated their scent. I really hated one of my roommate's scents and would open the window and saturate the room with air freshener whenever she left. Sometimes she would smell ok, sometimes when she walked in I felt like running outside. It's not hygiene. Her scent became stronger after she showered.

19. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l don't really think of myself as masculine but l need a girl who likes to be feminine sometimes X_____X

And one who could be a good mother.

l dunno, it's weird and l guess it's a lot easier for me to pick out traits l like in friends more. With a girlfriend, l would basically do whatever she says and tell her she's always right.

20. Hot Pink

Adventurous: Doesn't shy away from trying new things.
    Funny: She has to make me smile and laugh.
    Geeky: Has a genuine interest in video games and other geeky materials.
    Kind: Has to value others as much as herself.
    Nerdy: Has to enjoy reading books and has an interest in learning new things.
    Opinion: Has to have her own voice and speak her mind.
    Smart: I want someone who can stimulate me emotionally, physically, and mentally.
    Talkative: She needs to be able to keep up with me in a conversation--actually more difficult than it sounds.