1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will homosexual people enter heaven?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yhonn, Feb 9, 2013.

1. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I remember this pastor who discuss this topic when we attend sunday mass before.
    He said a phrase in 1 Corinthians 6:9

"Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,"

And said that god did not make homosexuals because god is perfect, and never tells us to accept abominations.
    I'm questioning my sexuality back then when he preached it and i'm like -_- whatever.

I can't stand to go there ever since, and i am just waiting to graduate so my mom can't force me to attend with her.

I know now that Homosexuality is not a sin because i read and watch so much explanation about it, and i believe that more.

2. DeanIsHome

What do they mean by "unrighteous and the wrongdoers"? like sinners? if that's the case a lot of people won't enter heaven, people who eat shellfish, people who have sex before they are married, children who disobey there parents (i might be wrong on some of these) i haven't studied the bible much but that's all i can remember, I think god will accept you regardless for god does not judge you solely on you're sins and deeds but also whats in you're heart, if a serial killer repented at the 11th hour but only did so in words and not in his heart i don't think god would accept him because his heart is impure. (sorry if im not making sense im not that religious)

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

If there is some Heaven out there after death, I doubt it would discriminate against souls based on something so trivial as how you have sex.

4. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I'm an atheist, but from what I understand, whether you go to heaven or not relies simply on whether or not you believe in God and accept him. As for his rules, the only rules that ever came out of Jesus' mouth were to "love thy neighbor" and "love your God". Literally, those were the only rules Jesus himself ever spoke of. So anything that addresses the killing, abolishment, ect. of homosexuals, women, children, or anybody of a different race and ethnicity (since virtually every book in the bible mentions that they should be killed for committing a certain "sin" or for simply living) can pretty much be ignored, because those are not the rules of Jesus, those are the words of an insolent prophet.

So if you are a believer, then yes, it is safe to believe homosexuals will go to heaven.

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    2 Corinthians 5:16-18
    New International Version (NIV)
    16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

6. nevashiva

nevashiva Guest

aww...I can feel your pain and confusion...unfortunately the only way I got out of this mess (or not really get out but stopped obsessing about it)...is that I decided that I guess I will only know what happens after when death when I die....and that there is just no one who knows for sure....

And you will need to decide what you want to believe in...and see if you can handle it I guess....itsn't easy :frowning2:.

You could also try to demystify religion, that's what I did, I kinda felt a lot of things in religion is actually how people used to interpret the world before the idea of science and stuff, people used to be much more serious about their 'artistic/philosophical' interpretation. And believed in astrology for real, and stuff like that...

But anyways...ya...about being forced to go to the 'place of' worship...you could try to just think about different things while the pastors are talking, they are usually so angry and love to keep saying everyone is evil, except who is in the church today or whatever...pretty lame to me tbh...

7. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

As a Protestant, I was taught that you go to heaven based on belief in and support of Jesus dying on the cross, regardless of whether you are LGBTQ, set a side Sunday for the Sabbath or not, steal cars, or murder innocent people.

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^I believe this.

9. nevashiva

nevashiva Guest

See yhonn being gay isn't the worse thing to God so don't worry about it! There is a lot of bigger fish to fry :slight_smile:, like.... my self lol xD.

10. Ticklish Fish

ooh, hahaha.
    i am personally biased that it doesn't matter anymore lol.
    i mean, the church i was in even went to some length to criticize celebrity for being asshole or douchebag or narcissistic or selfish etc. i'm like wtf.

heaven or hell, i'll worry more about how i live and treat people :3
    do you give people hell or heaven while everyone's ALIVE?

11. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Interestedly I've had this question on my mind all week and a bit before that, my answer is yes, or at least I really really hope so.

12. castle walls

This is a great video that should answer a lot of questions about how the bible views homosexuality. It is a tad long but it is definitely worth the watch.

[YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

Also, take a look at these

Romans 10:13 NIV
    John 3:16-7 NIV
    John 10:28 NIV
    Romans 8:1-2 NIV
    Romans 10:9 NIV
    I could go on for quite awhile. . .

13. Kyubi

heaven/hell is paradoxical and probably don't even exist. I can't wait to find out though. I live my life as morally correct as possible in case there is. I am Agnostic and do not believe nor deny.

14. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah i believe in god, all my life i have been thought to believe in him, i just don't believe others saying that Homosexual person will rot in hell if they don't change.
    Your right i think now that homosexuals is not a sin and will go to heaven as long as they do not do sins.(*hug*)

15. 461 467

My two cents on the matter:

The factual answer is that we cannot know. To make a claim one way or the other is to profess a belief that is based solely on personal faith.

When I was young, it really scared the **** out of me to think of all of the different belief systems in the world that differed from each other, and even contradicted each other. I was told that Christianity was the truth, and yet, every other religion also made the same claim. How could I determine which religion was the "right" one? It was terrifying to imagine spending my life thinking I was living a life pleasing to God, only to find out in the end that Christianity is only a clever deception that keeps people away from some other religion's God/gods, and leads to some form of punishment. To make matters worse, upon accepting Christian theology as truth, I was then tasked with the challenge of determining which specific theologies and ideologies were truth and which were untruth, as beliefs are widely varied amongst followers. Even from a young age, I noted that very few Christians held the same set of beliefs. (They bicker and quarrel ceaselessly, professing their interpretations of the bible to be truth, and all others to be untruth.) The question of homosexuality is a wonderful example of this. Some go as far as to say that simply having gay thoughts will lead you straight to hell, but others believe homosexual relationships and sexual activities are acceptable in the eyes of God. With all of that being said, fast-forwarding to today, I have never come any closer to determining what truth there may or may not be to Christianity or any other religion. The truth cannot be known with any certainty until death, and thus, there is simply no way to truly figure things out. The best you can do is think critically and follow your heart as you choose what to place faith in.

I believe it is a bit silly to imagine that a deity or deities created humans to be judged by an unfair standard. If there is a God or gods that will judge us for our beliefs, thoughts, and actions; it is more logical to think that the judgment will be perfectly fair and reasonable. However, it is equally plausible that there will not be a fair and reasonable standard of judgment at all. To live your life in fear of that, however, does you no good, because if that is the truth, there is simply nothing you can do to avoid it. If you will be judged unfairly in the end no matter what you do, it is better to live your life following your heart and pursuing happiness than to live in constant fear and misery.

#15 461 467, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  16. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah i kinda like put it in the face of the pastor who preach us back then, so he can see it clear because i know that they just ignore other phrases from the bible that opposed what they'd said or believed.

17. Ticklish Fish

i dun want to sounds like an ass, but i remember having this verse used for THE REASON TO NOT BE QUEER. because homo thing is a worldly thing or something.

18. nevashiva

nevashiva Guest

Thats what went through my head, and what I had to decide in the end as well....its even more confusing when you see everyone assuming that you have to believe Jesus is 'your savior' and have all these strong feelings about him when 'my' religion mainly says that believing in that is exactly what takes you to hell lol...

you go like..well this is some sick joke they both feel so passionately about it, how the heck should i know?

19. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

People like to find bible verses that hurt other people. I don't believe God wants anybody to hate themselves, and honestly, Jesus hung out with alot of characters who religious leaders hated because of their "evil ways" and He was always getting criticized for it.

Sex in general is a worldly desire. Just about everything is, because that's how we view life... through our world's perspective. This verse is warning against judgment from our unfair perspective.

#19 myheartincheck, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  20. yhonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm lloking for catholic churches here that believe what i believe cause i think there somewhere here.
    Yeah i just been forced to attend to og to church but i think theres a lot like me who force also to become a religious person but i'm not mad at my mom doing it, i just don't like the environment that we attended. get what i mean? I just can't stand some pastor that we attended, yeah pretty lame:lol:

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2013 at 10:49 PM ----------

Yeah your right cause god loves everyone:grin:

:lol: Yeah i don't worry about it now. Thanks(*hug*)

Mine too:lol: They even saying who we should support/vote in like presidential election. Like really?

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2013 at 10:53 PM ----------

Yeah watched it already, it help me to accept who i really am:grin: