1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you want to be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shadow7796, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

Severe storms are just passing through here and the rest of Texas, and it got me thinking. When I was little, I wanted to be a meteorologist, and so whenever a storm rolls in, it reminds me of when I was little.

I was just wondering: when you were little, what did you want to be/aspire to?

2. DeanIsHome

When i was little my mom said i told everyone i wanted to be a pirate until i met a captain hook at disneyland when i was 4 i cried cause i thought he was gonna get me.

3. FruitFly

Storms <3. We haven't had a good storm in far too long.

I always wanted to be a nun, from when I was but a wee bairn to my mid-teens. Happily ignoring the fact I was less than nun-like my plan was to approach a convent at 25 and begin the process of becoming a nun.

At some point it clicked how far away my personality and drives were from those that would enable me to live in a convent. So my dreams of being a nun had to be shelved. Unless of course I graduate and find life just isn't working for me, then it may be a serious contender in the "what should I do?" game.

4. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was little, I was pretty sure I'd be a vet for years. Yeaaaaah, not happening.

5. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was sighted, I wanted to be either an electrician or a history teacher. Oh, my how things change that you don't expect happen to you without any warning at all. Eventually I would have transfered my electricians certification into something in technology perhaps comp science or related field with a bachelors degree. The sad part of this thread is that you still can change your future to whatever you want to be even an meterologist just apply yourself and get a tutor in the areas you doubt.

6. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I wanted to be a singer but I don't really remember ... May also have considered comic writer or illustrator... Now I want to be a musician ^^.

7. leer

A English footballer ..

8. Stage Wanderer

To be a pilot

9. Jim

Jim

A doctor. Until I realised you couldn't just cut the people up, you had to fix them...

10. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

GOSH! Was it not a horrible storm?? I though my roof was going to fly off!!!

Anywho, I wanted to be an artist :slight_smile: still do sometimes!

11. CHML

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother always told me that when I was a young girl I was walking around with a bible and wanted to become a priest. I did not become one :grin:
    As long as I can remember I've wanted to become a gym teacher. Closest I got was graduating as a sports instructor

12. MichaelB

A pig. From the ages between 5 and 8, when ever I was asked what I wanted to be by a teacher, I was determined to be a pig. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When I discovered that was impossible due to science, I wanted to be a farmer. That idea was ruined when a teacher shattered my dreams and told me that farmers slaughter pigs. The world turned very dark around that time... :'(

I LOVED PIGS SO MUCH :frowning2:

13. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Little kid years: Actor/Doctor/Police officer/Lawyer.
    Middle school years: Actor/Teacher/Vet.
    High school years: Teacher/Medical examiner.
    College: M.E./Medical Lab Technician.

What I became: Assistant manager of a small town movie theatre, and finally, well, currently, the Q/C, Sublet, and Parts manager of a corporate owned auto body repair facility. Soon to be CSM, and second estimator, as well.

My, how far I've traveled away from childhood dreams. =\

14. As a little kid, I wanted to be a dragon and an arthropodologist (although I didn't have that word in my vocabulary at the time).

That's why I want to be a medical examiner. I'll get paid to cut up dead people. Yippee.

That is adorable. I love pigs too.

15. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Over the years I wanted to be a ninja, a vet, a secret agent, a fighter pilot, and a rockstar.

Now I'm a music shop cashier and stocker, but I still kinda wanna be a ninja....

16. Minx

I wanted to be an overlord when I was little. :lol:

Just boss people around. :lol:

17. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i wanted to be a lawyer, haha i was stupid back then

18. MartyK

MartyK Guest

When i was ever asked what i wanted to be i replied "a cool dude" or else "a footballer". Not sure i ever had a vision of what a cool dude was but it was always my first answer followed by or else a footballer. It seems like i aspired to be a cool dude but failing in that i would try and become a footballer.

Oh no, i think i'm a failure. LOL.

19. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't want to be anything, it always seemed more fun fantasizing I was doing the occupation (like performing surgery or going into outer space) than actually working to become whatever.

20. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I wanted to be an author, and I still do to some extent. I love writing, but it usually doesn't make much money to write books.