1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever had a "He's/She's the One" moment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daveed0527, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

My boyfriend and I have a sort of story like that. We met on a cruise ship last spring. We hit it off from the very beginning. We talked and hung out for about a month, and after tha time I asked him to go out with me. Thinking back to the night we met, I had that feeling of "he's the one for me." And so I'm wondering, has anyone else out there felt that feeling before who cares to share their story?

2. BornInTexas

I had a moment like that in seventh grade, but I didn't even get the chance to ask.

3. FemCasanova

I had a few moments like that with the first girl I really fell for, but it didn`t work out. Mostly because she was straight. That was about 7 years ago, but I haven`t had it yet. Not strongly like that.

But I am really glad it seems to be working out for you :grin:

4. leer

was one person I thought was the one for me I loved him allot & thought he felt the same
    he told me I gave him the creeps that hurt .

5. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm having that now T_T. Its been 1 week and I can not get this guy off my mind. I'll ask him out eventually and see how it goes..

6. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

Im so happy for all of you! And Im sorry to hear about those of you where it didnt work out. If you ever want to talk, I'm here for all of you! :grin:

7. kem

kem

I'm having that. We are really perfect for each other. We are very similar in many aspects; we both are interested in travelling, we both love culture, we like the same type of music (mostly), we both value intelligence, we're both interested in being active and healthy. Yet we are different enough: He's quite straight-forward, witty, blunt and borderline offensive whereas I'm a soft speaker, kind and don't like saying bad things.

But for some reason our mutual interest turned platonic... The biggest difference between us is that he is bi, I'm gay, and a girl got between us. That girl was one of my closest friends who didn't know we were together. One of the most painful periods in my entire life. When we agreed just to be friends it was like a volcanic eruption of cooled magma.

Then I was better for a while, now my feelings towards him are resurfacing again...

8. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep. Too bad he's straighter than an arrow...
    But he knows and is cool with it.

9. Shiny Espeon

Yes. And I sometimes get the feeling he feels at least similar to the way I do, but he lives too far away. :frowning2:

10. Sinisteress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I felt that once with a girl i'd known since primary school. I loved her so much. Not for her body or anything. But i was in love with who she was, the way she always knew all the little things that would bother me, she'd know what to say and we even could talk with our eyes with out having to say anything. We'd look at each other in ways that made so many people think we're dating. BUT sadly she is straight and ended up dating a guy. When i told her my feelings she begged me to take them back.., Because she doesn't want me to love her, "its not right" she said. Then 6 months later i don't know if was due to her boyfriend or parents (Mom) she went suicidal and was sent to live with her dad in Malasia. Not a day goes by where i don't think about her.. I didn't even get a chance to ask her to be my date to the upcoming ball in a months time.
    Yeah - Happy Valentines Day me..
    Here is a poem from Xena that explains a love like mine

“There’s a moment when I look at you, and no speech is left in me, my tongue breaks then fire races under my skin and I tremble and grow pale, for I am dying of such love or so it seems to me.”

Xena Warrior Princess season 6 “Many Happy Returns”

11. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm like this now with my girlfriend. I was completely dumbfounded by how gorgeous she was when I first met her, and as I've gotten to know her, I've realised I've never been in love like this. After six months of being together I still get butterflies just thinking of her. We're so on the same level I sometimes wonder if we've both lived the same life in a sense. She's definitely "the one" in my mind, spending the rest of my life with her would be a dream come true.

12. isobella

No, but I've had a "I'd marry the shit out of you" moment.

13. Rivers

I'm having one now, but she's oblivious to my infatuation. T_T

14. FruitFly

Never.
    I've liked people very much, but never to the point of having a light bulb moment where I honestly believed they're "the one". Maybe I'm broken.

15. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

That is exactly how it is with my bf and me! Congratulations! :grin:

16. commandZ

I had that a couple of years ago with a boy I met in a bar. We had a pretty quick affair that lasted a month maybe. I never had that feeling when we were dating but after it was too late. We had coffee a few months back and I realized it then. I got butterflies. I was tongue tied. I wanted to jump over the table and kiss him but I didn't because I have a girlfriend and he's over it. All I could say was "fuck I blew it"

I still think about him most days and when I'm having sex. We clicked so perfectly in the bedroom. I hope I can find that again.

17. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Recently.... and a few days later I found out he's got a girlfriend. Oh well~ better luck next time right

18. Bearish

Ah yes that sweet moment when I first met him. I remember when I found out he had a girlfriend. We fought and are fighting to be together. It's been 5 hard earned years of relationship.

19. Crystal's Vaporeon

Every time I think about my boyfriend. He has always been my sunshine in the middle of a storm and I'm so thankful for that. We've been dating over a year now and I absolutely adore him, things would be so different without him and truthfully i kind of hurts to think about a future without him ahaha from the moment he asked me out I just knew he was the one.