1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the Pope QUIT!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Deaf Not Blind

2. Gerit

Good. Maybe the next one will have more common sense.

3. MerBear

is it wrong i'm happy he quit?

4. KingdomKeyDK

Pffft. :dry: That's stupid. There is not gonna be an end of the world. He felt that he couldn't do his job while he was really old, so he resigned. (Trust me, I know all about this)

5. Cthulhu

6. starfish

So now he is Ex Benedict.

I can't claim credit for that one though.

7. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree that the world will not end (I'm not only talking about the Pope issue, but about all "predictions". It's silly when people use the phrase "end of the world." It wont end. Humanity will just get erased, but the world will still be there.
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to apologize right off the bat for asking this and I'm pleading ignorant because this might just be a stupid rumor, but is it true that he was a Hitler youth?

9. MerBear

i heard that too. i think its actually true

10. Deaf Not Blind

that is funny! I hope I meet him some day and I will tell him that! LD

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2013 at 06:46 PM ----------

yes, they eliminated Boy Scouts. So he was among many many little boys in it. If you were there back then, is very possible you would be too. I will not hold that against a child.

11. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    1- It appears that he was part of the Hitler Youth, but wasn't that pretty much mandatory?

2- starfish, that "Ex Benedict" put was terrible. Bravo.

3- If the next pope is supposed to be evil, does that mean most Christians won't follow him?

4- I see no reason to be happy for his resignation until we see his successor.

5- various meows, for whatever reasons you see fit.

12. Deaf Not Blind

additional fact: Deaf Germans were in Hitler youth too. Later on, deaf assumed born that way were taken to killing hospitals and gassed to death and bodies incinerated, gold teeth sent to Berlin. When Catholic and protestant families found out, the priests and preachers condemned Hitler for this act and demanded it stop. As a politician he promised to do as the people wish...then the doctors removed the ovens and sent them to consentation camps. Then they began to eliminate Jews same way...for efficiency. Eugenics.

13. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You raise a good point, I couldn't either. It was just something I heard so I wanted to know

14. Deaf Not Blind

Meows to you my friend.

I think we could be in for a long evil reign if he is young man.
    In the prophesy actually a ton of christians will follow the evil pope, and he will call a famous world leader the christ and say to worship him.

well, if true I hope for rapture...I need to write my will again. I will leave stuff to deaf schools and a Jewish synagog. evil pope can't tough that! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2013 at 06:56 PM ----------

Yup he admits he was too. It is no rumor. And there are a lot of rumors! :grin:

So anybody hungry for eggs??

Also, when they start naming possible new popes we should have a vote for fun.

Generally Cardinals choose one of the Cardinals but it can be any priest. Historically most are Italian, that is why the wanted other nationality Pope. No American or Jewish Catholic priest have ever been a Pope.

15. photoguy93

I think it's kind of funny, because I recently thought to myself "Ohhh, I wonder when the next end of the world will be..."

There are some prophecies that this Saint (I think, not sure) had. I saw a few websites that tried to claim all these things, and how they happened and it was true, blah blah. But then I realized it was a "bible" website, so they probably wanted us to believe them.
    I then read that someone said "it was fake, because these end of the world prophecies were created so people would be afraid and behave." Maybe that's why we have them so much....
    But with the prophecies - my thought was if the next guy is suppose to be so bad, I can't even begin to understand what this guy's problem is. I know none of the Pope's have been extremely open, but our last Pope seemed a bit better (maybe not - I was young.)

Anyways, I think there's something fishy. I think something is going to happen, like in the news. There's a new documentary on the whole abuse scandal...maybe that's whats going on?

16. GayLibertarian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a Catholic, I must say that he is showing courage for stepping down in the best interest of the Church, but I hope the Cardinals choose someone who won't use their Christmas address to bash gays... just a thought??

Maybe this will be a step in the right direction, or maybe we will just see more the of the same. Either is very possible... We'll see.

17. Eric

I'm curious to know where the prophecy claiming that the upcoming pope will be the betray the church comes from.

In any case, they'll probably continue the trend of naming a pope lacking in the humanism department.

18. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe this could be for the best, no one should be the head of something like this and be in as bad shape as the last pope was. There was the fact that when he died people said they were shocked, I mean the guy was in his late 100's and had the posture of a jumbo shrimp and you were shocked. I find that hard to believe

Maybe Benedict had the idea of letting someone new and sharper take over, I don't see that as a bad thing essentially.

19. Deaf Not Blind

Indeed indeed...it happened fast not with warning. He is old, and some said they wanted an old one so he aint Pope long.

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2013 at 07:50 PM ----------

The one I saw was from I think a monk...he wrote down a list of popes to be and what they would do. So far they say he was right. He even predicted this one would not die in office, continue on doing what the previous was doing, and leave quickly...that is not be Pope long. Eerie. There is only one left.

So, I wouldn't want named his successor! Lol.
    I wonder if I can google up the monk's name??

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2013 at 07:53 PM ----------

Yes, here it is!

Prophecy of the Popes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Church does not accept it as valid...but...they are not correct on many things! :wink:
    Read and have fun!

Pope Petrus seems to be the last...

20. Ticklish Fish

oh gawd.
    can people stahp making "prophecies"? I have gone through 06/06/2006, 2000, 2012, and various other end of world in between. I must have so many lives in me. Where is my gay sex?