1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sex with the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by imad, Nov 5, 2006.

?

Would you sleep with the opposite sex to test your sexuality?

1. Yes, I would sleep with the person without telling him/her

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, if the other person were willing to sleep with a homosexual

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. No, because it's just wrong

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. No, I'm already 100% sure about my sexuality, so I wouldn't need to

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. Other (explain)

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imad

One of my close friends always says that it must suck to be gay at such a young age because its so much harder to find a bf/gf (besides all the other reasons it sucks to be gay at a young age). He's had multiple girlfriends and he really enjoyed having them... Having had sex at a very early age, he sees it as a bad thing to go into a university as a virgin. He tells me sometimes that I should try having sex with a girl, before I graduate from high school. He says that it would do more good than harm; that way, I would experience something new, I would be sure about my sexuality, and I might learn something new about my sexuality. Even though I'm not a very social person, a buch of girls flirt with me for a while when they first meet me, and then they give out when they realize that I don't flirt back (some of them make really scary looks with their eyes, and even when they don't, they ). He says that I should take advantage of one of these situations, or that I should just have sex with a girl that knows I'm gay...

I told him that I would have sex with a girl if he had sex with a guy. He said that it wasn't the same thing (equality is not in question here; he is not homophobic, or else I wouldn't be talking to him in this much depth). I said that it would be so weird, that it might feel physically good, but that it would be mentally painful, and he understood. Still, he feels the same.

Since this post is too long already, I've cut out my anwer to the question I'm asking: Would you have sex with the opposite sex if you were gay? (bisexuals can answer too)

2. step49x

To answer your question, if I, hypothetically speaking, was gay, I would probably not have sex with a girl.

Yes, I'm gay, and no, I would not have sex with a girl. In addition yes, I'm a virgin, yes, I'm at college, and no, I don't see you having sex with a girl having any benefits. So, your friend has had many girlfriends in high school. Chances are good that he will also have many girlfriends in college. Is sexual activity something you are going to be striving for in college? You do realize that there will be other virgins with you at college, right? Being a virgin isn't necessarily a bad thing. It all depends on your personality.

I believe that if you're a gay virgin attempting to have sex with a girl, the only thing I see it being is incredibly awkward. Having sex with a girl "just to see what it's like?" Loosing your virginity is a big thing. At least loose it on something a little more significant...

So what is your personal view on this, exactly?

No, I wouldn't do it. There are other, safer ways to 'test your sexuality,' if that's all you really want to do.

3. nisomer

I've had a similar situation as well with one of my cousins. He asked me if I had ever done anything with a girl before, and I said no. And then he asked me how I knew I was gay if I've never done anything with a girl.

I then replied to him if he had ever done anything with a guy, he of course said no, and then I asked him how he knew he wasn't gay if he had never done anything with a guy.

He still didn't seem to get it though...oh and to answer the question...no I would never have sex with a girl to "secure" my sexuality.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I chose "other" because i was going to vote "no, because it's wrong" but the wording "wrong" wasn't quite what i meant to say.

I think experementing like this would not only have psycological reprocussions on you but also on the partner in sex. The factor of regret could prove to be higher than anticipated for the both of you and among other things, i think sex is just a huge leap from a much simpler measure that won't require such....dramatic measures.

A kiss maybe? Almost just as if not possibly more intimate than sex. HOWEVER, you have to be comfortable kissing your previously chosen 'prefered gender', otherwise your going to be uncomfortable kissing anyway. But if you have kissed, intimately with the same sex....then do so with the opposite, just to test how strong the line is between heterosexuality and you.

If you feel something, an intimate connection as you do or probably more or an intimate connection than with the same sex, maybe your sexuality needs a little more thought because this could be a sign of bi/heterosexuality.

OR

The made-infamous expression by heterosexuals (now re-worded)

Gay but curious. (100% possible)

5. Well, I don't think I would go out and try to find some female to have sex w/, just to "see what it's like." But I also hope I wouldn't stop myself from having sex w/ a female just b/c I've already defined myself as a gay man. If the moment felt right, and I felt like we were on that wavelength together, I think I might go for it.

6. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Yeah, I'm pretty much with BaciListConstridium, right now I don't think I would (or maybe even could) have sex with a woman, but you never know, unforseen circumstances might come around, and, if I ever did fall in love with a woman and want to have sex with her, I wouldn't reject it because I define myself as gay.

In fact, it might even be a bit of a relief to be straight for a little while.

7. imad

My thoughts on this have fluctuated over long periods of time. At different times, I would answer differently, and my point of view on this has been pretty much that of all of these poll options (and other stuff too).

I had given this thought before my friend mentioned it; not being 100% sure about my sexuality, I wanted for a while to try sleeping with a girl once I reach college. I had decided, though, that that would be too disrespectful of the girl; to go into a relationship and then say that I am gay and that she has helped me figure it out. Like Proud said, it would hurt her too much.

When I made this post I hadn't thought of this, but now I see that it ties in directly: Constantly, my mom tells me that I should have a girlfriend before deciding that I'm gay, because it would be a waste of a lifetime to go on not being absolutely sure about it. To her face, I tell her that that's ridiculous, and that it would be mean to the girl. Each time, though, I think about it and I wonder if there could be any chance that I might like a girl. What if I could be with a girl and like it? What if I were to find that out after I've entered into a meaningful relationship with a man? I would have thrown away an opportunity to live a life that can be viewed in the eyes of this world as an acceptable one.

Then there are thoughts similar to what Step49x mentioned; that it would feel really weird to lose my virginity to a girl, or even if to kiss a girl before kissing a guy(btw, step, I'm in no hurry to get rid of it). Even without that thought, just thinking about a vagina makes me cringe; I wouldn't want to be near one, let alone touch one. No matter how I think of it, kissing a girl seems dirty in my mind. Also, when I think of someone to live with, sleep next to, share my thoughts with, etc., I think of a man.

As for my overall opinion... the beginning is kinda like what bacilistclostridium and suburbs of sodom said; that I wouldn't make an effort to look for a girl to fuck. Even if I might like girls, I like guys a LOT more. If, however, I were to know a girl that was ok with gay guys fucking her, if I were to feel like it, if I can muster up the mental strength to embrace all the weirdness, and if I were to not have a boyfriend at the time, then I would think about it. (there are girls that do that; one example is that one of my friends' brother's ex fucks some of her gay friends sometimes)

8. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've already tried sex with a man. I didn't enjoy it. So, my answer is: other. I wouldn't do it again because it was kinda gross.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I DID proposition a female once, but not to test my sexuality. It was a female friend of mine. Her sexual experiences had been...well, "lackluster" hardly describes it. She had had only one sex partner - a boyfriend for three years - who had managed to give her precisely one orgasm during that time. I told her "Look, if you ever want to try for a second, I'm game. I can't promise I'll give you one, but it won't he for lack of trying." She found this offer really sweet (weirdly enough), and she mulled it over, but she decided against it.

She's now married with five kids. This guy is MUCH better at it. :slight_smile:

So I answered "no" as that doesn't fit the premise. I was a virgin even after colllege, but I think I turned out OK. Do I wish I could've had more sex earlier on? Sure. I also wish I could fly over the traffic jams, but I don't let it keep me up nights. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe if I considered seriously the possibility of being gay before I was with the opposite sex, I would not have needed to 'try' the opposite sex to prove to myself that I was gay. Anyone who knows they are gay early is lucky.

I went through a long detour trying to be bisexual, and whilst I don't regret it, I would have preferred to have been spared all the trouble of wondering why things don't work for me.

If you know your sexuality you don't need to 'try'- you know it anyway.
    If you don't know your sexuality, no amount of 'trying' will help you figure it out, because you can always trick yourself into thinking that 'only if you found the right person, maybe it would be ok'.

11. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I already know I'm 100% Gay...And nothing about a woman sexually arouses me, so I won't be able to get hard anyway...

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No, I would never. I'm pretty damn sure of who I am, so being with someone I'm not attracted to will just cause guilt and disgust. Plus, men run the risk of pregnancy and serious STD's.

13. Foz

Foz Guest

This thread is freaking 9 years old!!! There are children who were only a sperm 9 years ago and are now halfway primary school!

14. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

If I was gay I wouldn't have sex with a girl.

In real, I wouldn't have sex with a guy who doesn't look like a girl.

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread is from 2006. Please remember to check dates before posting :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.