1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone asking if you're gay (short story)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

This has been bugging me.. I don't know why.

Some years ago back when I was chatting this guy on facebook, he either suddenly or casually brought up if I am gay. @_@ To which I somehow deflected and denied (by being quirky with answer). I just don't know why it's still in my mind. I mean, I know that I still wouldn't trust the guy entirely even at this time, however, I am a bit paranoid that I might have subconsciously given sign to people that might have hinted my sexuality? @_@

(no, i am still not telling him. we're like casual friend but distancing because college)

2. Acobi

Acobi Guest

This has happened to me with people/acquaintances in person and with some friends online. Sometimes we just have habbits/behaviors that strike others as either a sign of being gay or just out of the normal behaviors. Sometimes they call us out on it, sometimes they just ignore it was a weird quirk.

I would not get too wrapped up on it. You were likely being yourself and he noticed you type/do something odd. No need to fret. Just be yourself anyways-it would be horrific to try and micromanage every single move you make in order to hide your whole personality.

3. Ticklish Fish

i cant remember the sequence of our convo since I stopped haha.
    but I think he told me he associates me with "randomness"
    (and we never hang out, mostly just either in -a class or two- together back then or just chat on facebook)

let's just hope my quirky shield can hide my homo from other people haha

I might over think this..
    but i still can't let it go. @_@ what if people DO think I am gay despite I have tried to cover haha

4. Brenny

I think I understand where you are comming from. I'm still self-conscious about how I come off to others, even strangers. Whether they think I'm straight/gay. I'm closeted to a lot of religious people. But over the years many of them have joked in some manner about me being gay or something along those lines. Funny thing is I was always real careful around them and they still seemed to tell. I think people just pick up on it.

If people think you are gay... well that's what they think. Most won't say much. We can't change things like that so I mean... we can stress about it or shrug and move on.

5. Ticklish Fish

I don't know haha. Like nobody would even joke about my sexuality lol. Maybe I give an impression that I am not dating but secretly gay or something lol.

but then I kind of regret not asking him how and why did he think that, oh well. It's not like I would bring the topic up myself either... HAHAHAHA. It's like I am trying not to follow more than half of the gay stereotype or other subgay tropes, but maybe it's not working.

6. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had that happen with two different people before I was out. I did ask one guy why he thought I was and he just said "I just get a vibe". He is gay himself and years later he ended being the first person I came out to.

7. Ticklish Fish

^ hahaha.

are you saying I should suspect he is? /jkjkjk
    I mean, fb says he's currently dating a girl and straight lol

8. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In that case he's probably straight. Few people who are in the closet go to the extent of maintaining a fake relationship (the cases of people who do get in steady relationships with the opposite sex are usually not really aware of their own sexuality and only figure it out years later).

However, I wouldn't be so dismissive of his trustworthiness. Usually the heterosexuals who react best are the ones who are comfortable with their own sexuality and have relationships. They don't feel the need to be outwardly "Not Gay", so they usually have less of an issue being around homosexuals.

9. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did this for a couple years through high school. The girl is my best friend now, I think she figured out I was gay before I was comfortable with coming out.