1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lonely

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Desmond, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Desmond

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you always feel lonely? :confused:

2. Ticklish Fish

sometimes....
    it's just that as life demands you, some relationships have to be cut or distanced

3. Desmond

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel bored and distressed when facing the same people everyday. It's like a circle and I can't get out of it.

4. Ticklish Fish

how old are you?! >_> have you tried meeting new people?

5. SAAB900TURBO

After a few brief lives that I've lead, I love feeling lonely. Whenever the "feeling" comes I DO something.

At present I am alone, I am a loner and I love being alone. I do what I want to do and when I want to do it. You won't believe the adventure that you can really experience if you really let yourself indulge in pure loneliness. I am a party of 1! :grin:

However this hermit life of loneliness is NOT for everybody. Discretion is highly advised.

6. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    most of the time i don't get lonely, i'm a loner by nature, but at times i do feel lonely i just either write,draw or sing

7. Oregontinker

I was lonely until I came out of the closet, even though I was always surrounded by people. Coming out set me free and I have never felt better because I am living as the person I was meant to be.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Everyone feels lonely at times, it's just part of life.

As an extrovert with a pretty good social circle expanded from people in school.. to university, at work and the internet, I even feel kinda out there at times. I always have to keep my mind preoccupied because I tend to get lonely very quickly. I don't know, sometimes I feel too anxious or lazy to call anyone up and meet, and the internet is convenient for me.

I will admit I did feel pretty damn lonely when I was far in the closet, but after I told my friend and eventually joined a GLBT group, I've felt a lot better. I just blame my aloofness on laziness. >__>

9. isobella

This is my life, too. :slight_smile:

10. leer

I do isolate myself from people sometimes I dont mean to be like that its just that occasionally am better off left alone

11. Eurinthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel lonely on a daily basis, but I've gotten used to it, whether it be for better or for worse. Definitely, it's an emotional damper everyone feels, and although it's painful for me, it's also made me a more introspective person, and there certainly are lots of nice moments I have all to myself precisely because I am alone. Sometimes I'm with friends or just classmates at school, and I'll leave the group because I need to be able to think quietly to myself, alone, every now and then.

12. nar1207

13. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I think I have a good balance of company and alone time. At school, my social life for the most part is great. However, I value my alone time. I am definitely not somebody that constantly needs to be around friends. I'm really a social person, not a loner, but I need space. Towards the end of a school day, I'm ready to be alone, and towards the end of a night, I'm ready to see people again the next day.

HOWEVER, if I am out of school for an extended period of time, then I may feel a bit of loneliness. That's why I try to keep myself busy. If I am busy with something, then I don't even think about my loneliness.

14. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l like to communicate with people or at least feel like l can, if l feel like l can't l can start to approach lonliness. l don't have much trouble opening up though so most of the time l don't feel a real communication block.

But...l have kind of a rigid schedule for actual "hanging out" and have always had to regulate it, l get very stressed without my solitude.

15. JustMe2602

16. I'm wonderful enough to keep myself company.

17. BiWidow

Yes, I feel lonely a lot of the time. I try to get out of the house when feeling that way. I have a hard time enjoying being alone. If I don't go out, I try to keep busy at home.

18. fuzzywuzzy

I'm introverted and tend to stay away from people from time to time. But there are times where I feel really lonely and would love someone beside me. Actually as a matter of fact all I can't stand are larger groups of people (3+). The warmth of one or two close friends or a partner can keep me away from those lonely moments.

19. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm introverted too, but at the same time I'd like to have a few close friends that I could talk to and have fun with. I'd also like to have a boyfriend one day, just for the kind of closeness that would bring.

The trouble I have in social situations is just not knowing how to interact with a variety of people. Certain types of people that are similar to me I can interact with just fine, but I don't have that affinity for befriending every kind of person. Until I know a person, I find it difficult relaxing around them.