1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Van, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Van

Van

So, tomorrow is Valentine's Day... and being as lonely as I am I was thinking the whole day today how much I... well, ok, let's not say that I hate Valentine's Day, but... how much I dislike it, because It reminds me how lonely I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm aware that we should celebrate love everyday, not just 14th, but on this day everyone gets excited about this and everyone's making plans, and everyone's telling you how they'll celebrate it and I feel sorry for myself. And I hate when people ask me how and where I'll celebrate it, I feel like they're making fun of me... :grin:
    Is it only me or there are other people who feel like this?

2. ForceAndVerve

Well...whilst everyone is busy being ripped off in crowded restaurants, you can relish in the fact that you're not. :slight_smile:

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Valentines Day is National Condom Day at my school XD I am not kidding!

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I only like vday for the candy, that part of it is pretty nice.

5. Minx

I forget when, but I started using Valentine's day as an excuse to celebrate the few people in my life.

Kind of like in kindergarten, when you give people gifts/candy and attention just because it's fun. ^-^

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I buy stuff for or hang out with my friends that day. It minimizes the chance that I'll throw a pity party for myself that way.

7. Jordz

I just tend to think of it as just any normal day

8. leer

I usually book a day off work as valentines day is also my birthday 20 as for the actual valentines day its just an excuse for people to make a shit load of cash .

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. Bolin

Even when I was single I liked Valentine's day...the realist in me says "Argh, it's just a commercial holiday under the guise of the remembrance of St. Valentine, arrrgggghhhh," but the hopeless romantic in me says "OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! ROMANCE! CANDY! ROSES! CHICK FLICKS! ASLKDJF;OEWIAJSD;FKSDS *explodes* "

So obviously, my hopeless romantic side wins. Plus, look on the bright side. For, like, the next MONTH, there'll be Valentine's-themed candy on sale. Can't beat that.

11. Shyguy5

Aww, don't be sad (*hug*). A majority of people in my acting class are single and we all gave each other a big hug and said "We can all be alone together."

This is for everyone feeling sad on Valentine's Day (&&&)

12. jaysuss

This is the first valentines day that I have had a boyfriend on and I have to work as soon as I get out of school! He had all these plans to take me to dinner and all but since I have to work we can't do anything because if we did it would be from like 3-4 in the day. Yay for work!

13. DanD

There's no point in being sad; although I can fully understand Valentines day could be great, but is depressing. I've never, ever, received a card for this huge occasion, and I doubt I ever will.
    I'd love, more than anything, to have a cute guy to shower with roses and kisses, but the dream always fades to my crappy reality when the alarm clock sounds.
    If you have someone special in your life - this day is cool, if you don't - this day is cruel.

14. Lindblum

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By the time the 5th rolls around, I'm already sick of both kinds of Valentine's Day hype and how one day can turn everyone temporarily insane up to a month in advance. This year I'll be distracting myself by making cookies and going out to lunch with family.

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a dentist appointment. Romantic.

I'll be sending my girlfriend various silly Valentine images, as we can't see each other today. Not a big deal.

16. Van

Van

I guess, but there's always someone who reminds you how in love they are (which is good, and I'm usually happy to see cute couples, but really, on this very day, it pisses me off :grin:).

(*hug*)

I feel you. (*hug*)

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always kinda liked it, but never really saw it as something spectacular or super special, like Christmas. On Valentine's Day in 2008 was the first day I met my first girlfriend. Tomorrow I will know her for 5 years. But we stopped speaking in October 2011 because she chose to go back to church, and her religion is against same-sex marriage. She said we could no longer speak because I was a temptation. Now Valentine's Day reminds me of meeting her. I don't think that will ever change until I find someone special.

18. shovelman

I have to spend it doing homework :/

19. FemCasanova

This will be my first Valentine`s Day where I am actually not single, and I had to turn 26 to experience it. This far it`s very stressful. Having to get a gift that`s nice, dye my hair, fix up, etc, etc. We decided to skip the whole go out on a resturant though, I hate crowded places. I`d rather catch the plague. So, we`ll be spending the evening in bed. Which is fine! Up until this year, Valentine`s Day was pretty pointless to me. I didn`t see the appeal at all, just a random excuse for all the lucky people to show off and rub it in. When you`re single, sometimes happy people can make you want to vomit, lol. So, yeah, I totally get it. I am a hopeless romantic though, so a day for me to really unleash the romantic monster is kind of awesome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: