1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people with low self esteem take themselves seriously more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Feb 13, 2013.

1. sunnii

I have very low self esteem but intake myself seriously. I don't know if this makes sense but an example of what I mean is at work a few weeks ago someone wanted to put a pricing label from a pricing gun from my forehead and I refused while my BFF didn't he like my other friends don't mind taking pictures that make them look stupid while I just hate getting my picture taken in general (only accept pictures when I'm drunk and I try to look sexy lol)

2. prism

Do you mean more reserved?

I'm very extroverted and have crazy self-confidence, and when someone is trying to take a picture my first reaction is to do something stupid.
    It depends on what you're talking about. I take myself very seriously in professional settings.

3. AKTodd

I used to have fairly major self-esteem issues and still have my moments or particular 'buttons' that I can get very touchy about.

I used to be extremely serious and reserved and, although I've gotten more relaxed over the years, still struggle with being 'goofy' or not doing anything that I feel will make me look silly. I dislike having my picture taken and an almost never happy with the results.

I'm also something of a control freak (but I try to be nice about it) and hate surprises. Spontaneity requires weeks of careful planning:wink:

Todd