1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspiring fiction writers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hard Candy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If you could write a fictional novel (and get published), what would it be about? :grin:

2. sunnii

I'm not that creative so mine would be SEMI-Autobiographical. I wouldn't write a book but I'd make a move lol #innapproppriatescenes

3. Rivers

I would try to write a well-written LGBT novel (because so many aren't). The details are kind of sketchy, though.

4. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That sounds promising. Yeah, I've heard many LGBT novels are just about sex.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A children's book. I'm actually developing two that I want to read to my own kids someday. My childhood was filled with stories that shaped me into who I am today - so I'd love for some of mine to have that effect on someone else someday.

6. Ticklish Fish

hot gay steamy sci fi action mystery

7. Jameson

Something about a king or queen, or royalty!

8. Minx

This. :grin:

9. Cthulhu

A horror story from the perspective of a sailor about a group of submariners whose submarine is downed by a freak explosion, which happens around the edge of a deep trench. This trench has a reputation of being a location where most ships/submarines disappear, with sayings that it causes sailors to go mad, turn into slimy beasts, or giant sea monsters bringing ships down to the ocean's bottom. A pocket of air is keeping them alive temporarily, but tensions rise as each day goes by. Over time, with the faint sense of hope of rescue dwindling, madness begins to set in for many of the sailors. It boils over to a point where they begin hearing noises outside the hull. Fear begins to set in over the possibility of what might be out there, waiting...

It's a WIP.

#9 Cthulhu, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. Emberstone

I am working, at the insistance of a few of my english professors, on the second draft of a young adult thriller/adventure fantasy.

I hope to start submitting it late spring/early summer to prospective agents.

11. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Gotcha. I want that too. I have written one actually. :slight_smile:

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The one I'm making now. It's a futuristic adaptation of the medieval short story "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight", set in an interstellar war. Needless to say, marrying the very old with the yet-to-even-happen is no easy task. It boggles my brain every time I try to sit down and write, but I'm making progress. The world will have its tale of space battles, grey morality, and the place of knightly values in a modern society!

Plus, it sets up for a wicked tactical action RPG. What can I say, I'm a dreamer. :slight_smile:

#12 Argentwing, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  13. Hot Pink

Probably a fantasy novel with a lesbian romance subplot. More realistically, my first novel will probably be a drama featuring a transgender protagonist.

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Fantasy/Adventure type novel probably. I can see myself drawing a lot of influence from books, shows, and maybe even music that I'm into now. It's also a guarantee there'd be connections and themes dealing with the LGBT community in particular. Writing a good, prominent, strong, fleshed out homosexual character is something I could really get into. My storylines, in the make believe scenario that I could come up with functioning, complex, original ideas such as these, would be mostly tragedies since generally I find that tragic works and characters speak to me the most. It's what I already tend to gravitate to. My main goal ultimately would be to design a neatly interlocking network of chars, all of different factions, ideologies, unique skill sets, etc which interact with each other on as many different levels as possible. I'd try hard to make all of my characters interesting and leave an impact on the larger story they're part of each in their own way.

well... if I had the time, creative mentality, and motivation to write my own book then that's the way I'd try to do it at least. :wink:

15. Cthulhu

I do also have an idea of a "werewolf" story with LGBTQ themes in it.

16. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would love to write a fictiinal story, and I bet I could do it. No stories have come to my mind yet though. When they do, I'm gone write till I lose my mind, cause I love to write so much ^_^

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Yep, agreed.

18. sanguine

Amen

19. Crystal's Vaporeon

I already do a bit of writing and people seem to enjoy them well enough... I mainly write about my character Crystal (Which is really more of my online persona/the name of the teenage 'real' me, simply saying that because in 20 years I doubt I will be the same Crystal) basically she is suicidal, emo, and is somewhat extremely delusional, almost always 'seeing' blood and ghosts and gore, of course there are some nice spirits but she only really saw them when she was younger now that she is older she always sees blood and spirits threatening her death. They driver her crazy and she kills herself. If its not the spirits driving her crazy then she will normally kill herself over the 'loss' of her boyfriend or some other event that greatly hurts her. There have also been a few event where her 'demon' for Andy (A boy) possesses her and goes around killing people. As you can tell she is a very teenage person, she believes greatly that she is connected to the underworld and is pushed over the edge of sanity quite easily. Truthfully she is more of a vent for me, I mainly write about her when I'm feeling low.
    My point in all this is that I would probably want to write a story about her, something dark, having a fair few points where she will go over the edge, cutting, being an inch from death but pulling back just in time but eventually she 'cures' herself. Finding the power to pull away from the darkness and death and finally be normal even though her entire life has been shrouded in evil spirits. I guess in a way it would symbolize me growing up, finally realizing everything really isn't as bad as I make it out to be and I am normal.
    .... Yeah.... as you can probably tell I am still pretty young, my style of writing proves that but I've been told I have talent and I'm really proud of that, I put my heart and soul into my writing.

20. animequeen567

There are so many stories in this head that I need to finish. Two in particular that I plan on publishing. One is a horror story which is probably gonna be along the lines of older teen-adult I'm not sure yet (no sex though; all gore :grin: and cannibalism) then a teen adventure novel. I'm not gonna give the details because I don't want someone to steal my ideas.