1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm pissed off and hurt like WTF!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Wow my friend is having her 19th bDay at a club..... I can't GO IM 18! WTF she knows that I'm her best friend and she's Invited all these other people to go and they are 19 LIKE IF YOUR "BESTIE" can't go why would you make it for a club? REALLY BITCH! I'm so done with her shit I'm done. Like wow

2. Pain

Pain Guest

So... join her for something else, possibly after? Good friends make things work out.

3. Alexander69

She won't I asked her she's like "ill be to hung over to do anything for a while" I'm like so what are we doing she's says "I DON'T KNOW" Like wow I'm her best friend at least she says so. I'm really hurt like I want to cry I'm so hurt like wow I'm a very sensitive person

4. sugarcubeigloo

I'm sorry that you're feeling so hurt right now. :frowning2: Did you try talking to her? Did she invite you? Maybe she didn't know that there was an age restriction? Anyway, I get how you're feeling, and that really sucks.

(*hug*)

5. Alexander69

Ya she knows the age restriction and she said she "knew" I wa only 18 but she wants her bday at a club..... So it makes me the only person not able to go. Like wow and I asked her what we can do after she's like "ill be to hung over" I'm like wow..... So were does that leave me she's like "idk"

6. Hot Pink

Well, this sucks and all, but it's also her birthday party and not yours. She can have her party wherever she wants. It sucks that you can't go, but life goes on. You shouldn't let this end a friendship. If you do, then you really aren't best friends.

7. SkyDiver

Aw, I'm really sorry. I get hurt really easily by people too. It sucks. I hold grudges for a long time.

Here's a hug for ya. (*hug*)

8. starfish

Yeah it may suck that you can't go, but her birthday is about her, not you. She has her reasons for wanting the party at that club and you should respect that. Wish her a happy birthday and tell her you'll catch her next time.

You post a lot of threads that you are upset over something someone said or did. Word of advice. Learn to let it go. Life is too short to spend it pissed off all the time.

9. Alexander69

thank you ❤

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2013 at 10:46 PM ----------

Because little thing bother me so I air them out here...... So I can get over them faster. And I know it's her bday but she has been telling me about things she wants to do with me and things and now changes her mind with out telling me the day before? Like who does that? That's so rude and you should include your so called "best friend" instead of bringing people who are 19 so you won't be alone. Like WTF

10. sanguine

you cant really change that, all you can do is change your own reaction, you just have to learn to be the better man, if it helps you can just ignore her and find a new friend, or just find a hobbie outside of social networking websites, just ignore her for awhile, than you will forget why you were angry at her in the first place hopefully.

11. Crystal's Vaporeon

Think of it this way, she is finally legally allowed to go to a club, so she wants to have it there, as a way to celebrate her finally coming of age and being able to be 'free'.
    She is finally of age. Now she could wait until your birthday so you can come along or she can go on her birthday and finally be part of the clubbing scene. Now you would prefer her to wait till you could come too but its HER day and I would bet my Pokemon collection she has wanted to see what a really club is like. So she has chosen to go on her special day.
    Like what other people said its HER day, so you should just man up, put a smile on your face and be happy for her. And the next day or the day after I'm sure you two can hang out and have a little after birthday party just for the 2 of you. I know its not what you want to hear but it is the truth. I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way.

12. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly, OP is making a mountain out of a molehill. Just be glad you have a friend to begin with.

13. HelmetBoi

Something very important you must to learn is that friendship isn't a one way thing. Even best friends occasionally do things the other person doesn't like, and in this case I personally think she has more right to be pissed off at you than you do to be pissed off at her. If you really are her best friend then give her a bit of space to do this one thing on her birthday and arrange to celebrate with her the day after or something. You can't have everything your own way; life doesn't work like that and if you act like this towards your best friend when she does something you don't like then based on what you've told us you really need to do some thinking about who actually has the problem here.

I understand that probably isn't what you want to read right now but I can't bring myself to lie about how I see this. You'll occasionally do things that piss her off but because she's your best friend she'll just accept and ignore them - that's what best friends do. If you did piss her off for some reason and you found out she'd posted on an internet forum about how much of a wanker you are how would you feel? Angry? Hurt? Betrayed? Probably all of those and more, because regardless of the situation that isn't what best friends do.

Again, friendship is a 2 way thing, you can't expect her to be accepting and understanding unless you are as well. :icon_wink

14. Ianthe

But it's the first night in her life that she's allowed to go to the club. So that's what she wants to do.

Just make plans with her for when she is done being hung over.

(For those who don't know: 19 is the drinking age in Canada.)

15. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I have read many of your threads and the conclusion I've drawn is that you're very needy, self-centered and alone. You're also malicious and vengeful to a certain degree. Man up if you want to make friends, you won't make any real friends if you keep adopting this mentality that your friends' lives revolve around you alone, or that they concern you more than anyone else. Logging in here to complain and spite on 'your best friend' just because she didn't invite you to an exclusive 19-year olds' party? I can't say I blame her.

If this is the way you feel, I more than understand why she didn't invite you.

You kind of sound like a huge asshole.

16. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree. And this post makes you sound like an asshole alex. It,'s time to grow up and stop being such a spoiled brat.

#16 Fugs, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alexander, I agree with the majority of the posters. On the one hand, I consider it pretty pathetic that anyone would want to spend their birthday getting drunk out of their mind and end up hung over the next day... a lot of people do that, it is *her* birthday, not yours, and you can't really hold it against her. Of all of the holidays/special days of the year, a birthday should be the one day where someone gets to choose what they want to do, and even be selfish about it, since it is *their* day.

So while I understand you're hurt, I'd encourage you to also realize that her intent is not to upset or disappoint or hurt you; it's just that this is, for her, a once-in-a-lifetime event (again, I think it's pretty pathetic, but that's just me) and she should be entitled to do what *she* wants, even if it can't include you because of your age.

A true friend would understand how special this particular activity is for her and not be angry about it. That's part of being able to put the feelings and needs of others in front of your own needs and wants.... which, unfortunately, is something you didn't get to learn from your parents because they're about the most selfish people on the planet. But it's from talking about this sort of thing that helps you to better understand why it's important to think about these things and perhaps reframe your viewpoint on it.

18. Harve

If that were the drinking age here then I would've missed out on SO MUCH over the last 11 months.

It's normal to go out when you hit the legal drinking age, and you go out with whoever else is already that age. If you're not old enough, then it's your problem, not hers. After all, it's her birthday. There's no way she's in the wrong.
    Many of my friends turned 18 before me, so I dealt with it and just let them go out in cities whilst I was stuck in my town. If you're really that bothered, then try and get a fake ID, although I'm not sure how wary Canada is on that kind of thing.

19. aeva

There is a wide age range between me and my friends. I often couldn't go out with my friends when they were going to the bar (on birthdays or just on a normal night). Sure, sometimes it felt a little lonely sitting at home alone while everybody else was out having fun, but it's nothing to get upset over.

When my 21st birthday came, I wanted to go to a bar. I'm not somebody who enjoys getting drunk, but I still wanted to go out and have 2 or 3 beers because I could. There were a few friends that I couldn't invite that evening because they were underage, as much as I would have wanted them there...so we had lunch earlier that day instead. If she is REALLY your best friend, then she will find a way to celebrate with you. It's understandable to be hurt to some degree, but as many others have mentioned, it's HER day, not yours and you need to accept her decision in a mature way.

20. Renge

That sucks! But she's not wrong either. And you know.. its not like she will be in hung over forever, so you can celebrate it with her in another day or you can ask her for a treat. Cheer up!