1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leer, Feb 14, 2013.

1. leer

You know when you were a kid at school on valentines day did anyone get a card from a secret admirer and the handwriting looked suspiciously like your mums .:roflmao:

2. FemCasanova

Hahaha, no thank the Goddess not!

I`d be completely creeped out. But it is very sweet though, I guess, that your mother (if you`re talking about you) would want to cheer you up! I guess I`d be creeped out at first, and then see it as funny and sweet.

Lol.. Actually, the only secret admirer cards I got came from me, to me :wink: Or rather, from whomever I pretended they were actually from. Then I could walk around and be happy about my card, ensuring my happiness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. The only valentines cards I remember getting were from my cousin (when I was 18 and she was 8) and from a girl from the special school that was twinned to my secondary (high) school. She spoke to me once and she thought that meant she was my girlfriend. I saw her in a charity shop a few days after. That was awkward.

4. Ianthe

In elementary school, everyone was required to give valentines to everyone.

I never understood the point of them if they were mandatory.

5. leer

I can remember several occasions that mum put the card inside my school books Knowing full well am going to open the book and see it

6. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I always hated having to hand out Valentine's Cards, it seemed superficial to me. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know half the people in your class.

7. Deaf Not Blind

we had to make a big envelope then give one to everybody so nobody cried. I was the one who was bullied, so I knew they all were fake. I think they were tossed out unless mom kept em. I did open the envelopes and read em all, but like others said, why bother? why not just make em for our moms and decorate cookies?

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2013 at 09:29 AM ----------

Had no admirer.

8. Phil

Phil Guest

Hahaha, no...

9. Connor22

Yeah! I got one once... it was from me and I put it in my locker to find with a surprise...

10. June Cleaver

No. Guys were always direct with me. June

11. MartyK

MartyK Guest

I did get one in secondary school but i've never had one that had handwriting that looked like my mums. Lol.