1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stinky feet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Deaf Not Blind

Anybody have a problem that even after a shower, you walk around, come home, take off shoes and socks are soaked and smell strongly like vinegar?

So...any ways to make em NOT do that?

Anybody wanna smell my feet now?:roflmao:

2. Zendlar

Put your shoes in the freezer, the cold kills all the bacteria in the shoes and makes them smell nice and fresh. Alot of the time it's the shoes themselves that keep the bacteria and as long as you keep putting them back on keeps them in your feet...another thing to do is put baking soda in your socks and shoes and that will neutralize it as well. . .

3. Deaf Not Blind

I bought a box of baking soda! :grin: Am I clever or what? (dont answer that) I dont have a freezer I live in a dorm...it is like a prison for the rich.

4. leer

I can go through several pairs of sports socks a day as I jog some mornings or Gym before work that makes my feet smell a bit cheesy. at work I use cotton rich socks less sweaty I find . shoes I dont have cheep ones for work they tend to smell less had no complaints from staff anyway .trainers are the problem I refuse to pay stupid high prices so I get the cheep ones and keep them in the boot of my car dont think the smell is that bad .

5. jdeb1992

I can never smell my stinky feet, but one day, my mom just handed me a thing of foot powder and said, "no offense, but your feet smell."

6. leer

I cant use stuff like foot powder as it Irritates the fuck out of my feet I use deodorant with
    no alcohol or perfumes added

7. jdeb1992

I can't smell my feet and I live alone, so I don't care, haha.

8. Deaf Not Blind

I live alone in dorm but it may make girls flee. They tend to have a thing where they not like strong scents. So, I did try years ago the foot spray, it only lasts like 5 times!! Dude, it works great, amazingly so, but 5 times?? I can't afford that ripoff. So Leer you use same stuff on pits as feet?

9. AKTodd

Lots of possible reasons for this but two possible helps:

Eat bananas. You may have a potassium deficiency IIRC. I had this issue years ago and this took care of it. One or two a day should do it.

Wear shoes that breath. Cheap synthetic shoes don't let air flow around your feet and the sweat just gets trapped in them.

Hope this helps.

Todd

10. MartyK

MartyK Guest

I sweat a hell of a lot under my arms. Even just sitting at the computer i can sweat and i need to change my t-shirt. Thankfully though it's never smelly and it seems to be just more like water. We all have a little things that we wish we didn't have.

11. Deaf Not Blind

hmm...well it is cold and so cheap tennies?
    ugh, cant you say eat berries? the one fruit ive hated all my life...and u making me eat it. :frowning2: ok, its cheaper than shoes.

Btw, what brands are we talking abt? Addidas are too high arch, and Nikes seem small and narrow. I already wear 8 in mens, Nike is like 9 9 1/2. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2013 at 02:16 PM ----------

I hear ya. Ever had back sweats? I have ew. And yup I have had the water pour from pits, but i think different combos in deoderants realy affect us differently. What one you using? Mine is just old spice but not had too bad wetness just a bit damp nowright now not much at all!

12. AKTodd

Heh. Sorry about that:slight_smile: Actually I just did some googling (we're such good friends) and also see zinc deficiency being mentioned as a source of foot oder (which may be what I was thinking of) and bananas being a source of both zinc and potassium. However, the article also mentions that there are other sources of both including "meats, seafoods, cereals and nuts, especially liver, red meat, raw oysters, crab, lobster, bran and peanuts"

So you may be off the hook for bananas after all:wink:

I also used to sweat like crazy, even when sitting still when I was in my 20s and 30s. It eventually just went away, although I don't know if it was a change in diet or just reduction in stress.

Todd:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2013 at 09:46 PM ----------

Whoops, almost forgot.

Re shoes, the best option is a leather or other natural material shoe that will breath. Plastic shoes with no ventilation holes or mesh or whatever are the worst choice.

Hope this helps,

Todd

13. Deaf Not Blind

^ yeaa I need more red meat! I am nuts but I do eat pecans a lot. And I read Brains not bran...must I really be zombified?? I guess their feet are rather dried out though. Still I prefer human, living even if it is Queer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mine are canvas tennies...oh well!
    Thanks for Googling me up!

14. Xochipilli

Hmm, I don't have sweaty feet, but I have chronically sweaty hands. D:
    Just imagining myself in a social situation where I'd be required to shake hands makes me cringe.

15. Motov

I wear sandals. My feet would be soaked in shoes,. I think my meds cause it.

16. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I usually just put a lotta baby powder in my shoes during the summer to prevent too much foot stank and sweat. haha.

17. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think it will be an issue anyway, unless you are seeing someone who has a foot fetish. Lol.

18. Luke Matt

Nop. Maybe you have a foot fungus or something?

I don't know what advice to give you because I've never really experienced anything like that before. What I do know, however, is that fungi tend to grow in moist environments; maybe try adding a little baking soda/powder or baby powder to your shoes..?

lolidon'tknow. D:

19. Eric

I think there are shoe inserts that help with odour if you aren't keen on using powders or sprays.

20. Deaf Not Blind

if sprays would last a month id do it!
    baking soda helps smells maybe a little not the sweat, i never tried inserts for stink. i should read abt em.