1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

hey is anyone here from oklahoma or know the answer to this the whole marriage amendment thing is going to be on the ballot of several states does anyone know if oklahoma is one of them because that would suck if it was. it would definitely make me want to vote more then I do right now I didnt know where to put this question so I just decided to put it here

2. LorenzG1950

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Hello here's a scorecard by the Human Rights Campaign, it might help you make a few decisions. Share it with friends!!!

Scorecard Link

PS: The file was too big to attach so i had to just offer a link, sorry.

------------------
    Now's the time to change our future, our not-so-little tug-o-war with our governments could be over sooner than we thought, this election could change it all, with enough votes in this right places, we can put anti-gay governments in a check-mate til they are forced to step down and let a more fairminded government take their place and maybe then we can have a little peace for a while. Or is that too much to ask of this world?

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Oh btw:
    John Cranley
    Victoria Wulsen
    Sherrod Brown
    Ted Strickland

('OH' does stand for oklahoma right? because there's no 'OK' on the scorecard?)
    A list of names of people who have been "endorsed" by the HRC....make sure to drag your friends to the polls to.

#4 Proud1p4, Nov 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  5. Sam

Sam

ok stands for Oklahoma I know the marriage thing is probably banned but Im talking about whether or not Oklahoma is part of the amendment to the constitution thing to ban gay marriage all over the U.S. saying that its against the constitution to marry the same sex thats what I was wondering I know virginia is voting on it

6. LorenzG1950

Eight states had ban-same-sex-marriage amendments on their ballots. Idaho, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia joined Wisconsin in approving them, according to projections. Results were pending in Arizona, Colorado and South Dakota:icon_sad: .

Similar amendments have passed previously in all 20 states to consider them.:tantrum:

Colorado voters had an extra option -- a measure that would grant domestic-partnership rights to same-sex couples.

Check news sites for latest results.

The good news is that Bush may become a total lame duck(!) (!) (!)

7. Sam

Sam

thank you though its not exactly good news it pisses me off that the U.S. is so far behind on this issue why is it that there are a lot of countrys around the world who have no problem with same-sex marriage and allow it or else allow something like marriage but the U.S. can't?:bang: its so stupid. I guess it doesn't matter for me because I'm going to try to move to Australia in a few years I've always wanted to move there but there are so many people out there that deserve to get married and can't I guess we'll just have to settle for 'feeling' like we are married until the U.S. and other countries that agree with the U.S. get their head out of their asses