1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heterosexual Awareness Month page on fb and the petition to remove it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jadakiss97, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jadakiss97

2. Minx

:eek: Stupidity-awareness month :dry:

3. MerBear

they go can kiss my ass. heterosexual awareness month....what a joke

fuck them. i hope they remove it because thats just ignorant

4. FollowtheFreeman

I "liked" this page a while back. I loved checking out some of the things that were posted and seeing how people responded. Of course I didn't take offense to anything, I just thought it was hilarious how some people see homosexuals like the way the page described.

Two months ago, though, I started commenting on the pictures and posts. I was being incredibly passive. I didn't swear, I respected peoples opinions and just said how some of their facts were messed up. I was banned in a day.

Do I care? No. And I don't think it should be removed. Freedom of speech and all that. Let the haters hate, it doesn't affect any of our lives.

5. When I first saw that page, I assumed it was satire, but apparently there are actually people who think like that. It blows my mind. I'm not really offended either, mainly because I can't take these assholes seriously.

6. DanD

I've signed against them, and have explained why it's obviously a load of... bo&^$£ks :slight_smile:

7. BudderMC

I printed off a "Certificate of Heterosexuality" for my friend. We're going to send it to him in the mail.

8. Minx

:lol:

9. DanD

I completely agree that it's not worth being offended over, BUT, this is exactly the same as a LGBTQ member creating a page about how amazing it is to be 'US' and that Heterosexual people should just bugger off to their own place, as they're just not right and shouldn't be around. Would we do that? No... because we understand what life really is, and we have our own feelings, just like everyone else, but seem to put them to better use.

Lets all live and love and live and love and live and love and live and love.

10. anko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I signed the petition after taking a look at that page. It didn't seem too bad at first but as I kept looking I just got upset. I sincerely hope the page is removed.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The page is not tongue-in-cheek humor as many have posited. It contains hate speech. I could come up with more than one example, but I think the following is all you need:

"Our parents already know."

12. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I know I am going against the grain, but I don't let hate speech get to me. Sure, it's a hateful, offensive, and inappropriate Facebook page, but why give this page all this attention? Ignore the hate. They love to see the LGBT community all worked up. You're falling into their trap. Be strong.

13. Reptillian

Oh look, drama! *Reading that page for amusement*

14. Deaf Not Blind

hmmm...i like to test peeps! im a conservative christian and not out on fb yet...i think i shalll look see, and if i see anything worthy of correcting i shall.

this maybe be updated...

15. Jonathan

The majority in any category like that does not really need an "awareness" month...the public is quite aware that you exist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Deaf Not Blind

Contact Info
    Website Heterosexual Awareness Month - Heterosexual Awareness Month
    History by Year
    First Annual International Day Against Heterophobia
    First Annual Straight Pride day
    Founded in 2012

It is Great to be Straight button...that is fine.
    Noted days within the month:

July 6th Straight Pride Day – participants are encouraged to wear black to show support for heterosexuality

July 22th International Day Against Heterophobia – a day set aside to bring awarenesss to the little known
    but serious issue of heterophobia - Flagship event Pancakes for Pride where
    supporters and advocates are asked to eat, host or attend a pancake breakfast
    across the globe

I like Belgian waffles more, i will skip pancakes...but thanks.

some quotes follows:
    Olive Hetroze Valentines Day isn't for ALL couples "in love"! It's for men to express their love toward the woman they love!

Jayjay Rotunda @KLD. No homosexual love, if you can even call it that, is not the love that heterosexuals couples have for one another. It is born out of confusion and not out of natural design for a purpose, an ongoing purpose of supporting people in community and social cohesion that natural procreation requires.
    Jayjay Rotunda They romp around and touch all sorts of places in all sorts of ways but it is not sex as it could ever be said to be. Just some sort of tittilating, I guess. (i am thinking he is getting erect a bit saying this)
    Jayjay Rotunda I counselled a homosexual once and he told me how easy it would have been to kill his 'lover' with a kitchen knife. He was thinking of doing just that and I had the responsibility of trying him to get him to consider alternate options. I hope you can sleep easy, Amanda.
    Jayjay Rotunda We can give everyone freedom to make their own choices such as giving them freedom to smoke or own a gun but you have to live with the consequences of lung cancer or that the gun might go off at the wrong time.

interesting...

let me reply...

17. wonderstruck

Instead of demanding their own awareness month, straight people should just be glad they don't need one.

18. AlexTheBlogger

You said exactly what I think. Thank you.

19. HarryV1993

HarryV1993 Guest

Such horrid views on thier Facebook page. Some people will never change.

Signed.

#19 HarryV1993, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  20. RoguesWolfe

SO I had no idea about this well until now. Funny as hell, but people also don't get to me when it comes to orientation and such. This reminds me of what happened to Chick-fil-a over here in Ky, a cashier refused to give someone gay food..then this whole riot thing happened. But to me both sides were wrong in this story.