1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homophobia in online gaming/ internet games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

let's talk about it!

I remember there was a thread some time ago about someone using a gay username and have other players being nasty.
    IDK if that thread is still active. but blah.

2. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, I play Minecraft & Transformice online. Minecraft, I play on an LGBT server, so. On Transformice, yeah, things can get nasty & expressions like, "WOW UR SO GAY", and the occasional bashing arises, but I usually just ignore it, because most people on that game are not even worth it (even though I have made some friends from it).

In general, when it comes to gaming online, and homophobia pops up, I don't bother responding to it / paying any mind to it.

3. Lewis

So weird you ask, I today got called a faggot on an online game. It was pretty funny actually. Some guy was trying to make me angry by repeatedly telling me I was angry and to show him my dick.

He also posted on my profile within the game that I am a faggot that is an 'age player' and 'fucks children'. I also give great blow jobs and have a tight ass hole allegedly. The game in question has such lack of moderation and is a breeding ground for trolls. One of them spoofed my username and started posting crap too.

It was all probably because they'd noticed I was in a GSA within the game...

4. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eh, I don't let it get to me.

I've been called a "faggot" and other stuff while playing NHL 13, but it's not that big of a deal, IMO. Terms like that are just said when playing online.

5. vyvance

Its pretty prevalent in most games I play. Can't say it bothers me anymore at this point. Hear/read gay or faggot every 10 seconds playing Counter-Strike: Source, so it kinda loses its meaning or effectiveness.

6. Ticklish Fish

OMG. that sounds so low.. and ignorant. so many stereotype and misconceptions. wtf. XD

7. Lewis

A few years back that would have definitely upset me, but nowadays it takes a lot to offend me. I just ignored the guy and reported the account. Not like anything will be done.

I was more pissed off about him spoofing my username as his own!