1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone here hypochondriacs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BornInTexas, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

Is anyone else here a hypochondriac? I know I am.... big time. My doctor reccommended I see a therapist. :bang:

2. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I have an anxiety disorder. BUT, one of the major "issues" I have is thinking I'm dying. I get a twinge of pain some place, and I think I have a tumor...or I'm going to have a stroke, or a heart attack...or I have some awful illness that is going to put me in the hospital for weeks. All of that brings on my anxiety even worse...and it's just a vicious cycle.

I see a therapist once a week. I will say, it does help some. He's good at talking me out of my "I'm going to die" moments by pointing out things like "you're young and healthy", "you've been to the doctor and been given a clean bill of health". It might not be a bad thing to see a therapist. They can help you understand why this is happening, and what to do when it happens in the future.

(*hug*) Good luck! Message me if you have any questions or just want to vent. I'll do my best to help.

3. alwayshope11

I'm in the same boat as above!

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. To the extent l won't even tell docs about it, l am afraid they wouldn't see anymore lol. l'm still convinced there's mold somewhere in my apartment, they've assured me otherwise and inspected multiple times.

l have the GAD diagnosis too actually and although l've really questioned the label because l'm not anxious in an every day way, l think this is just how it manifests for me.

#4 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. Capichino

Not trying to troll but what is that ?????