1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read this all gays, lesbians, bi, trans I was looking at bible quotes and came across

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Read this I can't believe this like WTF. I'm not letting it get to me but what's your take on this and please read this I know it's a lot to read but I want to hear from you guys ill post a link here to if you want to read more

is for anyone.

Is this politically correct?

No, the Bible's view of homosexuality is not politically correct. The politically correct will say there is nothing wrong with two people just loving each other. Who are we Christians to judge them? But, who are they to say what is morally right and wrong? Do they have an objective standard of morals that all people should follow? No, they don't. They appeal to things like "society" and "common sense" and "basic rights", etc., to promote their opinion of homosexual normality. Well, societies have been wrong before (Nazi Germany, anyone?). What is common sense to one person isn't necessarily common sense to another. And, basic rights? Well, we all have basic rights. But, the homosexuals want special rights. They want laws passed to protect their sexual behavior. They also want to redefine marriage and require everyone else to accept it! (Will the redefinition stop with homosexuality? Don't bet on it. Pedophiles are now asking for rights, too.) Think about it. The pro-homosexuals want laws passed to protect a behavior, a behavior! It is, after all, homoSEXuality. I want to know what right do the politically correct, pro-homosexuals have to impose their values on everyone else? What right do they have to condemn Christians, call us names, and be so very intolerant? They don't have sound arguments, but they do have liberal dogmatism pushed along by the momentum of the liberal media. They are successfully getting homosexuality promoted in schools, TV, and movies as "normal" and healthy. As a result, their confidence and successes have pumped up their bravado so much that they even oppress those who oppose homosexuality - a fact blatently ignored by the double-standard-liberal-media. But what are we to expect when liberal dogmatism is king and all opposing views are to be condemned? The pro-homosexuals want everyone to think like them and approve of their "inborn sexual orientation" -- and if you don't? Well, then you're labeled a bigot! Yep, they are so tolerant. That is why they want laws passed to ensure that their behavior of pairing a penis to a penis and a vagina to a vagina is protected as a special legal right even if the majority of people think otherwise! But hey, its okay if the minority pushes the majority around, redfines marriage, enforces loosening sexual morays, hides the harmful health statistics of homosexual behavior, and not-so-gently forces a change in society as a whole while they arrogantly yell, "This is normal!"

....really? It is?

But, believe it or not. We Christians aren't judging them. We are informing them. God has declared that homosexuality is a sin. It isn't our preferences we're declaring. It is God's. I know. I know. Some will say the Bible isn't true, that it is archaic, sexist, homophobic...blah, blah, blah. I've heard it all before. Kill the messanger and let's all jump into bed together and have our fun. Sorry, I'm not interested in freedom without responsibility and the resulting promiscuity and diseases that accompany the politically correct, sexual freedom of abberant liberal morality. Instead, I'll follow my Lord who calls all to repentance (Acts 17:30), myself included.

The Bible and homosexuality? | gay | bible | lesbian | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

2. knine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Read this all gays, lesbians, bi, trans I was looking at bible quotes and came ac

yeah. the bible is a sexist and homophobic book. Its ironic how often people brainwashed by churches and conservative media will accuse the younger generation of getting their values from the media and stuff. Not too mention the paranoia that homosexuals force anything on anyone while denied marriage rights and made to act straight.

3. Alexander69

Re: Read this all gays, lesbians, bi, trans I was looking at bible quotes and came ac

I know right like WTF! I hate people

4. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Yep I can disprove all of that but don't have time right now.

5. Luke Matt

Who cares what a dusty old book says?

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

This 10x.

7. Honor

I hate to be the odd man out....and the writer does come off strong..but i completely agree. I know it sounds bad..but as a christian this is my daily battle; however it is in the Book that we live by. We are taught that it is wrong..we can read it plain as day it is wrong...it would be the same thing to say that we believe in the big bang..but believe Jesus Christ saved us....you can't have it both ways..you can't pick and choose the good parts of the Bible...that is just wrong..the Bible is the true inspired Word of God...of course the atheist and whoever else do not believe that..but for Christians we have faith in God and his Word that we should be reading daily and trying to live by.

I feel as if some of the messengers come off strong and ruin it for the rest of the Christians. I have always learned and believed a marriage is between a man and a women.

I am not a bigot nor a homophobic..i just have my beliefs and morals like everyone else, we are all sinners we are all humans..we are told to love everyone. That is why i have no problem with them...i just think the sanctity of marriage is sacred..in these days i think they aren't as much, but i'm strong in my faith.

I hope i did not offend anyone in anyway. I truly do not mean to. I do not know what everyone believes..but i would hope we are all mature enough not to bash others religions..

8. Shorka

Out Status:
    A few people

Honor, if the Bible is the True Inspired Word of God, why is it contradictory and why were parts of it left out? Especially the ones written by women?

9. FruitFly

The bold I agree with.

As for what CARM state... I do not feel I could write a fair reply. Similar views were (and in some cases, still are...) expressed regarding interracial marriage (with people pulling up verses from the Bible supporting their stance for that too) and in my personal and completely uneducated opinion simply a reminder that people are unwilling to ever admit that maybe they have simply been justifying their own prejudice against that (those) which (who) is (are) viewed as different. People do not like to have the fact that the way they have been taught as complete truth may have been no more than the bias of their elders, and they certainly do not like being forced by others to change their views. It doesn't really matter how right the force they feel is, it's forcing them and they don't like it.

Where people get into trouble is that individuals who strongly feel this way do not just believe it is true, they know it is true. Evidence is nothing to someone who knows something is true. Especially when they've been taught it is true, and it confirms how they feel, and everyone they tend to hang around with pats them on the back for believing that truth whilst dismissing those who do not agree as being tainted.

The Bible is what it is. A collection of works by those who believed they were detailing messages that were important in some way. I, personally, happen to be the sort of awful Christian who views the Bible as being something to use for guidance, to reflect on times gone by. It's a history book, a Holy Book, it should be read as a group and individually but it should not be used to beat people into submission. It is not complete enough for that, and no one can come to it with a completely unbiased mind.

People forget about culture, they forget about advances, and they forget that however inspired those original writers may have been people have translated, tweaked and adjusted those words until they're just so. They forget how influenced they are by their own culture and it just becomes a big mess.

10. Honor

Where is it contradictory..are u saying a specific verse or two or the whole Book? What parts are left out..are u saying specific books were left out?

The Bible is exactly how God saw it. What is in there is exactly what God wanted his believers to read and use in their lives.

11. Re: Read this all gays, lesbians, bi, trans I was looking at bible quotes and came ac

So they have an archaic book and we have "society, common sense and basic rights." Someone won't be changing teams any time soon. Also it really annoys me when just-no-fun-damentalists suggest we want "special rights" when we just want in on existing rights and on a side note the Nazi Party encouraged "positive christianity" and put gays in concentration camps so they DO NOT get to compare us to the Nazis.

12. ForceAndVerve

Mmmhmm.

Religiosity is declining. Atheism and agnosticism are on the increase. I look forward to the day when no one is religious and we can all live in peace as just humans.

Personally, I have no issue with someone if they believe in god and/or a certain religion. But when they start using that belief as a mechanism to negatively affect other people's lives, that is when I have an issue with it.

Religion and politics DO NOT MIX.

#12 ForceAndVerve, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  13. sguyc

The bible has been changed many times through out history. The one thats sold now was modified many times from whatever earlier copy existed by the Catholic Church

14. Minx

I've heard this before from a few people when I tell them I'm gay.

Then I tell them, as I do 'inform' most: "I like guys, I just don't sleep with them."

Yeah... "inform" *cough* Judge *cough* That. :lol:

15. Honor

It has been through many translations through out history, if that is the change you are referring to then yes. Of course there are not exact translations to everything, but it is still the same Word.

16. castle walls

I believe that they're talking about the canonization of the bible (when people decided what would be considered part of the bible). Some denominations of Christianity have different books in their bible. If you picked up an Orthodox Tewahedo bible it would look a lot different than what you're probably used to reading.

For example, Catholicism has books like Tobit and Ben Sira and Russian and Ethiopian Orthodox bibles have a book called 2 Esdras. There are a lot of books of the bible that were not canonized including but not limited to the Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary, Laodiceans, 1 Clement, and 2 Clement. There are hundreds of books that aren't canon. If I recall correctly, the bible wasn't "set in stone" for most Christians until the Council of Trent

17. Alexander69

So how do you feel about Heterosexuals making marriage a mockery? By marrying and either cheating or divorcing all the time and not taking marriage this sacred act seriously? Matthew 5:32 anyone who Marryat a divorced woman is a sinner and has committed adultery. At least that's what the bible says. How many people take that seriously? Corinthians 13:4-7 love doesn't chose its truth. So homosexual love doesn't "chose" we are made this way. If god does not make mistakes tell me this, why are homosexuals here? Of homosexuality is a sin punishable by death, an abomanation why are homosexuals here? Why did god create us? Why did he make us to be this sin? I speak to you personally here honor. And those who say homosexuality is not something that happens at birth then tell me here, why would god let anyone sin with no choice? Why would he justify such a big mistake? And anyone who is having premarital sex sorry your all sinners! And all iligitamet children you can't go to heaven because you are a bastard. Ya at least the bible says that isn't that funny that god would do that to a child that had no choice? This all loving high power? Hmmm seems like mortal men translated gods word a little to me. Adam and Eve? We know about evolution no way to hide that here so why in the bible do Adam and Eve look like a modern day human? And same for the drawings for Cain and able? Shouldn't they look like the first humans being they were the first humans on earth? And why is Jesus always white? He is middle eastern never knew you have such white skin in Middle East. Not questioning god I believ always but I question the mortal translation that we abide

18. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I know it's blunt and all, but who gives a shit what the Bible says? Seriously, is there anyone who believes that they'll find themselves in some eternal hellfire? Especially with extravagant religious nutcases twisting everything it says in their favour?

Don't be bothered with what it says. I'll save you a cosy fridge in the afterlife.

There is no such thing as an afterlife.

19. MerBear

as an atheist reading this....i only have nothing to say except people have their freedoms and rights but it has a limit.

why should anyone judge someone from a line in a book? or a bible...
    why should we create laws and impose hate on people because of a quote in the bible....
    a opinion....goes so far....its your choice to believe the bible is true or not or what it holds in it is true.

personally , the bible contradicts itself by saying homosexuality is wrong then say god loves all his children. its one or the other but
    why should anyone be able to judge other people from a quote?
    you can believe its true but why judge and make a mockery of people who love the same sex?

20. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

And we are all created in God's image. Meaning that 1/10th of God is homosexual if you actually believe that statement to be real.