1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not getting into the school you wanted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shyguy5, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Shyguy5

For those that dealt with college acceptance letters be it yourself or people you've known, How did you guys feel when you didn't get into your first choice school?

I live in California and the college systems had been hit hard the past years due to the economy. I'm finishing my last year at a community college and my first choice school is impacted (there are more students who are trying to enroll than there are spots in the class). I'm feeling a little down because my 1st choice has two of the majors I've narrowed down and are greatly rated in their fields. My 2nd choice has these majors to some extent but I guess aren't highly rated. As for cost, I'm getting financial aid and both are in distance for commuting by train/Bart station so it's just the concept of education.

I feel like all that I've worked for at my community college was for nothing and I have to rearrange my future goals.

2. Honor

Sometimes life doesn't go according to plan..everything can't be perfect...you just gotta pick your self up if it doesn't go to plan and make a new one..you'll live...you may even find something that you better that you wouldn't of thought of..i never really had a preference for college..i picked one..then picked another one..i should of payed more attention..but i didn't...don't stress life will pan out for you...:slight_smile:

3. Shyguy5

I understand what you mean. When I graduated high school, I was indifferent about college so I attended a community college for costs and better grades. I've gotten serious about college since then. I don't know, I guess I have to get use to the idea.

4. The username

I didn't even have a first choice, which is weird being as calculating and anxious as I am...
    I visited some schools, went on a whim, and I really enjoy where I am at now.

You haven't been rejected yet? I would keep your head up for now. There are many things you may find to like about your second choice - you just have to give it a chance.