1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some things you think you missed out on not growing up the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kyle2Kylie, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Kyle2Kylie

Kyle2Kylie Guest

Sorry for the long title, I guess I'm just clever enough to think of something shorter haha.

But for me (I'm mtf) I think the biggest things I missed not getting the chance to grow up a girl are things like having a mother daughter relationship , being a h.s. cheerleader, my prom (the dress part mostly) , shopping for my first bra, having slumber parties w girlfriends etc....

What about you EC?

2. Oregontinker

As a male I feel like I missed the softness and tenderness of being a woman, I love to hug and be hugged, guys just don't do that enough. I was always envious of the girls who could dance together at parties and dances, as a guy you just could not do that. So the intimacy that I feel woman are more likely to openly share.

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess the fact that I lost my oldest friend for almost 10 years because we were bullied for being best friends when we started school (apparently boys and girls couldn't be friends, dumb kids). Whilst we're closer again now, but I find her very difficult to approach.

Also, whilst our group is mixed, getting excluded from "girls only" activities. This still happens now they know I'm trans. >.>

I've missed being able to express myself fully. I've probably missed a shit ton of stuff and ended up being picked on because I wasn't "man enough".

I missed out on knowing how to dress properly and applying make-up and all the beautification stuff, though that doesn't present quite as much of an annoyance for me. My social dysphoria is less than what I've seen a lot of transgirls go through as I've always been a tomboy to an extent.

One big thing is physical contact. I've always felt the need for hugs and stuff, but it's not considered a masculine trait, so I had to repress it. Now I get mega awkward during hugs and stuff and fuck it up.

4. Deaf Not Blind

pissing my name in the snow, and Boy Scout Camping! :grin:

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2013 at 01:44 PM ----------

hmm...I am not super huggy, it seems weird, awkward, i guess a boy thing is not hugging girls do that. but when really had bad day, if it were my mom i would want a hug. it makes it better. but not random girls. i like to touch girls, but not be hugged. so Deaf hug, yeah and Deaf men hug, yeah and as it is part of Deaf culture I MUST HUG. ugh. I will get used to it. if i get married i not want a really huggy girl, not want cuddling in bed, but i will hug her every night when i come home. :slight_smile:(*hug*)

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    well. my family didn't have very rigid ideas about what women and men should do or be like. Of course l still missed out on some things. l had to think for awhile.

l was going to say l resent being called into the kitchen during the holidays to help out but then l realized l usually ignore this anyway and stay with the men and nobody cares (or says so and secretly resents me instead).

l think if l were a boy my family or SOMEONE would have gotten me a freaking car as a teenager.

6. Deaf Not Blind

I hated being told to let a guy lead, i kept getting told i was doing it again. touching their hand, yeah it was weird feeling...2 men dancing. I was not aware what it was, but get this, i was square dancing with a guy who wanted me and i only hoped to use him to prove im straight...he said we are supposed to kick shoes and then i toss him he toss me. i got into this one! i disliked the little turdwad, i kept thinking i could floor him flatten him to the ground..so i kicked his foot hard, and tried each toss to really wrestle him grab and thow him as hard as i could. no i dodnt kiss him, and he ended up assuming im lesbian cuz i had not fallen for his opposum looks. so best dancing betwwen guys should be brothers or best friends in a squaredance trying hard to throw the other off balance and then point and lol!:roflmao:

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2013 at 01:52 PM ----------

everything you said i not want! but i never had mom daughter relationship...until mom this Christmas said "a daughter named Kathy or son named David, i not care, you are my kid and i love YOU" then i felt close...mother -son relationship?

#6 Deaf Not Blind, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  7. Kyle2Kylie

Kyle2Kylie Guest

So deaf, did you miss anything?

8. mothcaterpillar

I didnt hang out with boys but i didnt want to cos i usually fancied them or they played football n IM not good enough for primary school dinner time football
    Getting toy guns n cars n everything but i used my brothers so thats not that bad either
    Wearing male clothes n having male hair ?
    Standing to potty
    learning about men in sex ed cos that female stuff cant possibly apply to me

9. FruitFly

Toy soldiers.

That's the only thing I really missed out on, and I know I missed out on them as my grandparents had jars of toy soldiers that I really, really wanted to play with. They said it was not proper for a little girl to play with toy soldiers, so I was never allowed to take them out and play. The day they gave them away to my (male) cousin I was pretty peeved, especially when they gave me a toy vacuum :dry:.

Well, toy soldiers and freedom. Sure, when I skipped school I managed to be a bit of a wild child, but at home and the days they kept me off I was pretty much a nanny to my sibling/younger cousins from the age of 9. So I took my freedom when I should have been learning (!).

10. Rivers

I would've missed being a boy scout, and being able to wear a suit and tie without causing mass confusion.