1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roller Coasters/Amusement Parks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nar1207, Feb 15, 2013.

1. nar1207

Ok so my thing is Roller Coasters and Amusement Parks. I know like everything about them. If you ask a question about one I will probly know the answer. But only United States Coasters and Amusement Parks. So yea, whats your guys favorite coaster and favorite amusement park?

Mine:
    Coaster: Between Mullinium Force (Cedar Point) and Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion)
    Amusement Park: Kings Dominion located in Doswell, Virginia

2. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

My high school marching band is going to Disney World in the spring. Do you have any suggestions for rides for thrill-seekers?

3. nar1207

Orlando Florida?
    Expedition Everest: mountain ride that goes backwards

If you want to accelerate from 0 to 57 mph in just 2.8 seconds and experience more G Force than a Shuttle launch then Aerosmith's Rock N Roller Coaster

Tower of Terror

Big Thunder Mountain Railway: Small but fun

I know these cause I went there when I was like 5

4. Nyanko

My favorite park is Six Flags in Vallejo.

But! My favorite roller coaster is the Giant Dipper in Santa Cruz.

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l enjoy amusement park ride. l have taken ride on most of attraction at Cedar Point. it is in OhiO

But sometimes l feel anxiety from the roller coaster ride.

6. nar1207

That sucks. You know they are building a new Wing Coaster called Gatekeeper that is replacing Disaster Transport and Space Spiral

7. Adam

I have been obsessed with roller coasters ever since I can remember! Been on many of them myself. Also know way too many facts about them
    Favorite park is obviously Cedar Point, Millennium Force is amazing! so was Maverick, both favs at that park. Top Thrill Dragster was insane but too short

My home park (closest one anyways) is Worlds of Fun, Love riding Mamba, been on that like 100 times.

8. nar1207

Fun Fact: Cedar Point, World of Fun, and Kings Dominion are all owend my Cedar Fair

9. Motov

I've been to 6 flags NJ, and Gurney, Illinois, I don't think some of the rides I was on exist anymore. "Lightening Loops" (6 Flags, New Jersey) was one of the first rides I actually blacked out on (just for a few seconds) You started on a platform, where you accelerated went down did one loop then came up and stopped on another platform, where you were launched backwards. I also recall at the 6 flags north of Chicago, a ride called "Shockwave". Which at the time was the largest coaster that park had. (It has since been replaced with the Superman ride) I believe it featured 8 inversions. Anyways some history about the park in Gurney, before 6 flags bought it out. It was known as Mariotte's Great America, in the '70's the premier ride at that time was called "The Turn of the Century". Now called the Demon (I'm not sure if they finally replaced this ride).
    Anyways, the Warner Brothers' characters came from Mariottes, when 6 flags bought out them. I also remember A park (no longer exists) called Dandelion Park in Muskego, Wisconsin.

10. nar1207

So have you rode Kingda Ka?

11. Laurenngoesrawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My favorite amusement park is Kings Dominion! I think it's near like..Richmond, Virginia. Not totally sure.

Favorite right is Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion. ^ -^

12. SkyDiver

Scariest roller coaster you know of?

13. Cthulhu

I don't like riding on roller coasters. :/

14. Harve

I come from dead close to Alton Towers, which is the most visited theme park in Britain by a large margin. It's easy to get bored of it when you visit 4+ times a year, but since I have friends that work there, I use their free tickets and it's good, cheap fun!

15. MerBear

16. Fate

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First amusement park I ever went to was Bush Gardens in I believe Virginia - but I was to young to remember anything really - I just remember how crowded it was....

I worked at one amusement park for 3 years (six flags)- there's a lot of benefits including a free season pass plus a "buddy sticker" which allows you to bring a friend free whenever you go - and the pass allows you into any six flags amusement park. Unfortunately the only amusement park I went to was the one I worked at - SFNE

Bizzaro (aka superman) is the most upselled coaster - #1 this and that - but I am not a fan of lines - i know it's an amusement park but- yeah... I really enjoyed Batman the dark knight tho, the line is usually pretty short on most days.

I hear a lot of good stuff about Six Flags NJ, like the rides and such, however I don't care for their lack of safety.