1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misidentified as a guy....yet again.. but I like it?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by redsponges, Feb 15, 2013.

1. redsponges

Today was the 8th time I've unintentionally fooled people into believing that I was a guy.

Before I begin I must say that I rarely leave the house-at most 2/3 times a week for an hour each time due to certain anxiety-related problems.
    In the past 3/4 months I've started to dress the way I feel most comfortable. Which is to avoid and shun everything that is pink, glittery, flowery, has fake diamond things stuck on,is low cut and fitted.
    Does short hair and ordinary clothes (jeans,converse,Pantera tshirt,hoody,blazer,scarf and tammy/beanie hat) mean male? If so, I have a guys wardobe...or rather chairdrobe/floordrobe combo. :grin: I thought my blazer and scarf were actually quite girlish, Come on! The blazer was kinda fitted... Maybe I have too much of an attitude about me and a boyish face. But I do have a ridiculously high pitched voice. It even hurts my ears sometimes.
    I know that certain "lesbians" -hate the word,will explain later- are often called "Sir" and there are many jokes about it. I'm wondering how common it really is because nearly everytime I've been out in a shop, being up close to people instead of just walking within a crowd and actually speaking, I've been referred to as a male.
    But the strangest thing is, I seem to like the attention-WTF?! I HATE ATTENTION!- I think it's quite funny that I've managed to sneak in like a spy, a wolf in sheeps clothing and go about my buisness while they are none the wiser. It's funnier when I make them do a double take, and walk into a wall while searching for bulges. The image of that woman in the white fur coat will stay with me forever. :laugh:
    I know that passing is something a lot of FTMs would have trouble with and I'd say move here You'd be fine. Everyone is so old fashioned and thinks anyone with short hair is a guy. I think my original point was that I'm not sure whether I like the fact that I've been called "wee man" more times than "hen" because I've fooled them or because that's how I want people to see me. Or because I'm just excited that I'm actually outside (!) "Look at me! I'm outside!" :shrug:

I've tried to remove spelling/grammar mistakes but it's now 2am and I'm too tired to reread it a 3rd time.

I've just realised this is posted in general chit chat- This post was intended to be a silly one but the gayness in my head is refusing to go back into the closet. Even for a minute. :grin:

#1 redsponges, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013