1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Canada

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Étoile, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Étoile

This summer, me and my family are going to Canada for a week to visit family and to travel and I was just wondering where we should go. We'll specifically be in Toronto, Ontario and I have absolutely no idea about Canada, not even the weather! LOL So, since there's a lot of Canadians on here, do you have any suggestions where to go in Toronto?

2. pirateninja

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VplDUFEx8wk[/YOUTUBE]

Go to French Canada! :roflmao:

3. Beebo

Canadian summers are hot compared to canadian winters :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Georgia is much hotter, You will love it here.

4. Étoile

pirateninja: If that's what French Canada all about, count me out.:lol:

Beebo: I didn't think Canada would get pretty hot so I'll be glad to get away from the blazing heat that comes with Georgia summers.

5. pirateninja

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'll leave the thread and let it get serious again.

6. Emile

Emile Guest

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Quebec is AWESOME !

And we don't pronounce the "th" like "z".... we're not from France :tantrum: ! I hate South Park from now on :eek:.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Methinks i'm not going to French Canada anytime soon =p As if france wasn't bad enough :grin:

8. sdc91

Ah, sorry, I've only been to Vancouver and Montréal. Don't know what's in Toronto.

(What a useless post! I'm a post whore!!)

On a separate note, I plan vacations with tripadvisor. It's the best, and it give the best hotels ever. I've planned a few vacations on that (Boston, Québec, Belize, others).

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Not as bad as me =p this post im writing right now has no reading value what so ever ^_^

Tum De Tum

10. InaRut

Canada is like if you took every beetles' song about love...
    Added more beavers...
    Then some mooses...
    Then more love...
    Then....subtracted Quebec out of this equation...
    Mutiply the love by 3
    Then add me...

And that's what you get from Canada.
    (Just joking about the Quebec thing)

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I recommend visiting Ottawa as it is MUCH nicer then Toronto.
    Montreal too. You'll love Montreal (Quebec) everyone does.

11. Nitro

I guess it all depends on what you want to do, and what you want to see.

If you're in to the nature stuff (hiking, scuba diving, etc.) then check out B.C. - those marketing guys weren't lying when they came up with the slogan "Beautiful British Columbia" for the license plates.

But for 2008, if you are looking for an awesome time, check out Québec City - you just got to know something big is planned for the 400th anniversary. Besides, those French Canadians really know how to party.

History buff - Ottawa

Want to be bored and look at the sky all day? Try Saskatchewan [okay, that was a joke … but you've got to admit there is some truth to it!]

hope that helps!

12. panda

Having lived in Toronto most of my life it's hard for me to say.CN Tower The World's Second Tallest building in the world.We have an new Royal Ontario Museum building, very unique. A new Art Gallery of Ontario building.A new Opera House.You could go to a Blue Jays baseball game.I love Toronto Island where there's beautiful parks and swimming at the Nude Beach.
    Or the Gay Village but I imagine that might be too much for you and your parents.
    Niagara Falls is about an hour away. Very impressive.
    My thinking is that the most interesting Canadian city is Quebec City. Lots of history. Lots of beautiful old buildings. But it is a days journey from Toronto.
    Have fun!!

13. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hmm, I've only been to Ontario once..and i was in an airport ..so cant help you much there..
    But Western Canada is AWESOME...well...kinda!!.. its a bit boring, but if you are going out to the mountains it is AMAZING!! Also, if you can go to BC..you should...like seriously is gorgeous!!!
    But..i live in Alberta! Flat land! and COWS! =D WOOT lol..

14. Étoile

I don't think going to a gay village would be the most appropriate thing. I can just imagine all the leather and caressing while my parents stare in horror and me in sheer embarassament.:lol:

15. acorn7

That video is total crap and not even one bit accurate! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They portray us like weird French from France wannabes, which we definitely aren't... Parody is supposed to be based on some true facts, and this video has nooooone. None!

Come to Montreal if you can, but it's 6 hours away by car...

If you're coming in the summer, it will be pretty hot, sorry :wink: Like around 30 celsius (86F). Around Toronto, CN Tower is cool, Lake Ontario's nice, and you can drive 1 1/2 hours to Niagara Falls.