1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DarkenedSilence, Feb 16, 2013.

1. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So.. Uh, this awkward situation happened a week ago, I just thought I'd share it.. >.>

So, about a week ago, my mother, her boyfriend, and my youngest brother, were all going to visit mum's boyfriend's family's house. (Let's just call her boyfriend E, and my younger brother S). I wanted to go along because they lived about an hour away, and I love road trips. Though, E has this younger brother about a year older than me, and I've met him a few times in the past year, and it's actually quite obvious he fancies me.. I've always felt uncomfortable around him because of it, too. Nevertheless, I went along and way, I grabbed my art pad, pen and jumped in the car.

When we got there, E's younger brother (we'll call him N), was not there. I was so relieved, and so I sat down and drew. After about an hour, we decided to leave, but then E's friend ended up coming along so we could drop him off at his house, and after that we went to E's older brother's house. We all walked inside, but I had a heart attack when I saw N sitting on the floor playing on the playstation.

I just sat on the couch, and he sat next to me, every now and then I would catch him staring at me and it made me feel really uncomfortable..

He then suggested we watch a movie, so I agreed. We ended up watching Fast and Furious 5. It was fine for the most part, S was asleep and my mother kept coming in to ask if I wanted to go home or not. I kept giving comments that I was just tired, but never gave a direct answer. Then N grabbed his phone and typed in a message for me, this is how our phone conversation went.. (Grammar was fixed on his part).

"You okay?"
    "I guess. I'm just tired."
    He then looked at me oddly.
    "Do you want to make out?"
    I just laughed mentally, not that I found it funny.. Though, the neighbour hood they live in is not known for a good reputation, but a bad one. The girls there are literally sluts, too.
    "I'll have to refuse."
    "Just this once, and why?"
    Why not? I wanted to scream, "I'm a lesbian, for God's sakes!" or at least retort with, "Why can't you accept no?", but I don't like hurting other's feelings, or anything like that.. But I was getting sick of him trying to pull moves on me when I give him clear signals that I don't like him. Maybe he just thought I liked him because I was nice, or maybe because he just wants to make out with a girl he can get his hands on. There are many reasons that could be true but I'll never know. I don't want to.

I was typing my answer, but then my mother came in the room, so I deleted it and dropped the phone on the floor. She asked me if I wanted to go home and I nodded. I was tired, angry, and I felt really awkward, too.
    For the remainder of the movie he would point things out like, "Oh, that's cool, right?", I could see he was desperately trying to make things un-awkward again. (I'm more of a observer than a socializer).

Then, we went home!

The next day I told my dad, my dad told E, and E told his older brother, and his older brother gave N a hiding.

So, yep..

What's your thoughts on this? And/or have you been in uncomfortable situations like this? Maybe even more uncomfortable?

2. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Oh god, that is so awkward. I have been in those situations, too. Just like you I'm an observer, not a socializer, so I'm always struggling more with what to say or do in just about every social/people situation. For some reason it seems like awkward situations just follow me every where.

You handled it well, kinda. I mean you got out of there, which is pretty much all you can do to avoid further uncomfortableness.

Similar to your situation I had a "friend" (a guy) at school who would constantly hound me about being his girlfriend. This is before I was even out to myself really and still grappling with the realization. He and his friends would try to guilt me into being his girlfriend by getting mad at me and saying things like "there's no logical reason why we shouldn't be together." I even tried to stop being friends with him since he couldn't accept that I wouldn't do him, but then he got all depressed and his friends started hounding me, asking me to at least stay friends with him. Then as soon as I said okay we can be friends, he was right back to "why won't you go to prom and have sex with me?" ...Oy vey. Um, how about I'm just not interested. As if because I was a loner I should have been thankful and accepting of anyone who showed interest. :rolle:

Even after I told him I think I'm gay and all that he would be all "but you don't know for sure" and would say sexual, really uncomfortable things about him wanting me to take his virginity and how he imagined us having sex. Just such a fucking creep!

Unfortunately he was the first person I came out to in a desperate attempt to get him to leave me alone. Instead he just got more gross and creeper-y, saying how he would be in the room with a video camera watching me and my girlfriend have sex, my god he was disgusting. Needless to say, I stopped talking to him right after our high school got shut down and we ended up at different schools. So glad I haven't spoke to him in years and I'm looking forward to forgetting him.

Good on you for getting that guy off your back by telling your Dad before it got out of hand. While extremely uncomfortable, the situation seemed kinda innocent from your telling, like he doesn't sound dangerous, but still he needed to reign it in before things did get scary. I didn't tell anyone about my guy's harassment. There was honestly no one to tell who could do anything about it, so I dealt with it all on my own. It seems good to have all the adults aware of the situation and looking out for you. Hope it ceases the boy's pushiness.

3. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh wow.. Well, it's very great that you did indeed stop talking to him when you could. The situations he put you through, is that sexual harassment, or..? He's disgusting, talk about getting in your personal space..

Once I had a female friend like that, though, at the time I hadn't come to terms that I was a lesbian. She arrived at our school in Grade 3. She basically forced me to be her "friend". Because I didn't like her, and I didn't want to hang out with her. Eventually I had to follow everywhere she went and such. This went on for a couple of years, when I was in fifth grade, she slept over. She then tried to make me do certain poses, so she could do some.. Suggestive things to me. I kinda felt uncomfortable, we didn't end up going along with her idea because my mother was in the house. Everyone in our class by seventh grade thought she was a lesbian. Most people said she was obsessed with me.

She was very controlling, and we always argued when she didn't get what she wanted. But we both got separated when we reached high school, because she attended a different one. Then, she spat mean words at my brother over Facebook, and told him to send a message to me. I didn't really care, though. My brother, who is friends with her on the website, sees her posts and tells me how desperate she is.. But I couldn't really care less, and I'm glad she's out of me and my friend's lives.

I usually told my dad about the times when N tried to pull moves on me and such. Though my dad would just tease me about it, but when I told him what N had asked recently. He looked at me really serious.

Honestly, the thought of being with N really creeps me out (apart from the fact I'm a lesbian), he would always ask awkward questions. He would try to push his thoughts onto me to make me do what he wanted. Especially when I failed to say no to playing Truth or Dare.. (I'd always picked truth, just in case he made me do something I don't want to).

It's odd, because if it was another one of my guy friends, I would've just laughed and punched him in the shoulder saying, "Yeah, right." And he would have probably mumbled and grinned, being embarrassed. -He used to have a big crush in me, but that never made it awkward. Well, maybe it's not too odd..

The only person in the world I hate having a crush on me is N. Hopefully I'll never see him again, but there's bound to be a time when we do, since he's my mother's boyfriend's younger brother.

4. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

It most definitely was sexual harassment, but for some odd reason that kind of behavior was just rampant throughout my school years from middle school on. That was just student body's culture or something. I don't know, I just hated every thing about that place and the people.

Oh I had a female friend like that, too minus the molestation. She was just really controlling and I didn't have much in common with her (she was an extrovert, kinda loud, outgoing party person...I was the complete opposite and then some) so we didn't connect but she acted as if we were soul mates (friend-wise.) What made her latch on to me in the first place was that I was nice and let her copy off of my work. Once she did that I immediately associated her with the rest of the annoying lot. I can say that she was nicer than most, not annoying in the same way that made me want to kill them all and she did try to understand me. I was happy just being casual friends with her, but that wasn't enough on her end. Just like the guy I told you about, I feel like she was confused by my unwillingness to be her super best friend because I had no one and should have been grateful for the offer. She never said that and probably never thought it conciously, but that's all I can think of to explain her clingyness, her anger towards me for not only talking to her/not calling her everyday--she would be so mad that she would call me, drunk off her ass and cuss me out, call me all kinds of names for not being her number one or something. She didn't get that I was a loner. I didn't talk to anyone. I think she wanted to be the exception, but unfortunately I didn't feel that way about her friendship wise, so she wasn't. If it ever sounded like I was asking her if she was into me-into me (which I never did or even suggested) she would jump down my throat with near insults like "I don't get down like that" with some almost mean lesbian jokes mixed in the statment at times. Her expectations of me confused me and I find no other way to explain them. I knew we wouldn't really click as soon as we met, so our rocky gradual departure couldn't be avoided.

She was and still is a nice girl though, just wasn't the type of friend that I wanted to keep around for the long haul. We're older now and I see that she's moved on with her life and it makes me smile a bit to see her doing well. Nothing I've said was thought with harbored hatred for her. I don't feel anything bad when I think of her. Unlike the guy I mentioned who was intentionally disgusting and rude. It made a little sick with annoyance to think of him still clinging on a little after we went to separate schools. Any of efforts to be an okay guy were always washed away by his creeperness.

5. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Urgh. I would have hated for my school to be like that. But there were no creepers or anything like that, we were a pretty small school. (And I wouldn't know about any creepers from my previous high school, since now I'm getting home schooled, and I only went to the high school for about three fifths of the year).

Wow, how.. Interesting..
    I didn't like the controlling girl I had at all, because she made my life kind of a living hell (apart from all the other stuff the was going on at the time). I would always end up feelings sorry for her because she would suddenly be all mopey and go, "Oh I'll never be as popular and as pretty as you.. Everyone hates me." I honestly wasn't very popular, and you know what they say; Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But to be honest, I wouldn't say everyone hated her, they just disliked her. Anyway, by seventh grade I didn't want anything to do with her, and so too much drama happened that year (apart from that girl's problems).

But all of it is a story too long, really.

The girl I had still hasn't pulled her act together, and I heard her older cousin got pregnant. (Her older cousin was a grade higher than us). And she's too young for a child, that's for sure..

Though, I'm glad that the girl you had is doing better.
    I understand what you mean, sometimes I get angry when I think about past dramas. Oh well..

6. sanguine

that's the first time I've seen someone use the 'hiding' lingo here.

hopefully he doesn't do it again.

7. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Could you please tell me what that means? ^^;;

And, yeah I hope so as well.

8. sanguine

LOL you mean hiding? didnt you use the word? :lol: its slang for getting a beating, thats the word I grew up with when I didnt behave or threatened people with :slight_smile:

9. Rivers

Ugh. Guys like N are the worst. He definitely needed a good old-fashioned beating.

10. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They sure are. And I agree, they need some sense smacked into them.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 12:52 PM ----------

Oh, no, no! xD I meant 'lingo'. I didn't understand that word. :lol:

11. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow can't say I'm surprised that N was like that but yea that must have sucked to be around.

12. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I supposed there are a lot of people like that. Thank you for sympathizing, it really did suck to be there.