1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berlin people!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jacek, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jacek

Hi:slight_smile: okay so I've been backpacking around Europe for almost two months (10 days away) and when that's over I'm moving to Berlin!

I'm really looking forward to it but I don't really know people there... Anybody have suggestions for groups, places I can volunteer, contacts to find a good flat, etc?

2. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure about places to live but when I went there we went on a pub crawl called the New Europe pub crawl. We met lots of really cool people on this.

I am so jealous that you're moving to Berlin! I would love to move there! In sure you'll be fine, it's a really great place :slight_smile:.

3. berlin? nice! how IS it there? it's in germany, yeah? have fun!

4. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my God, I'm trying to learn German fluently at the moment and I would kill to go to Berlin! I've been there before, but I only had basic German then.

I have a funny story. When I was in Berlin, it was around this time a few years ago, so it was snowing and there was a lot of snow on the ground. The footpaths are cleared and it's all handled well, but German people do not like walking off the footpath onto the snow.

We had just arrived and we were kind of flustered in the centre of the city, so I was standing in the middle of the footpath with snow on either side. Anyway, I decided to turn around, and there was THE largest, tallest most Germanic and harsh looking woman I have ever seen in my life standing there glaring at me, because I was blocking the footpath. I moved out of the way, and she literally roared — shouting "DANKE" so loudly that some spit hit me in the face. I got such a fright.

Needless to say, I know a few people from Berlin living where I live, and they are all extremely nice people and not as rude as this woman, so this was just a bad catch. But do respect older people! XD

5. Jacek

^ that's pretty hilarious! Most of the people I've met when I've been to berlin are friendly but there's always bund to be a few bad apples everywhere:slight_smile: