1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom guys: how to dress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RavioliFaceMan, Feb 16, 2013.

1. So for prom - or at least the UK equivalent, the Leaver's Ball - I opted for a very skinny fitting silver blazer with a shirt and probably the skinniest trousers that exist.
    This was many years ago now, but I'm thinking about this because I saw one this evening and realised that all the guys were in a black or blue suit, but the girls were all in these crazy and beautiful dresses, which is quite unfair.

So what did all you ex-prom-goers wear, and why? Did you stay traditional, or were you more ambitious?

2. Artemicion

I remember going to my high school prom in a grey suit. Everyone else seemed to have gone with the usual black, blue, pin stripped type. A bit too conservative for my taste. The grey made me stood out from the rest of the guys.

3. BornInTexas

I wore a suit with a bow tie. I was one of the only two to wear one...

4. HP7465213

I stayed traditional :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: idk how it is everywhere else, but at my school, if you go with a girl, you basically have to color coordinate. I've always been stuck wearing really boring colors, I just wish I could choose what I wanted to wear! Lol

5. The username

I wore a cheap tux. To match my dates dress I had a pink bow tie and ... a cummerbund. Never went to my prom, but it was my friends. I didn't even care at the time, so I kind of picked it out last minute.

I do remember seeing a guy in a camouflage tux...

6. Camouflage tux sounds fantastic! I'm really jealous of those that get to wear dresses, I love them! A few people did wear a waistcoat just to mix it up, but I think only one other person looked more 'fab' than me, and he was in pink with a bow tie. Actually, he was the only other 'out' gay guy in school, and he always competed with me to be more fab :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. silkfrog1292

I wore a dark blue shirt, a white bow tie, a dark grey blazer and skinny black trousers.
    I think I was the only one that wore a bow tie.