1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent question ~ well sort of :P

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Mar 12, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

I have this thing due tommorow on why London should host the olympic games and yeah, the question I had is how could i describe England as a politically stable country?
    seeing as thats what the IOC take into consideration when selecting a city,

Thank You!

2. smilealways

smilealways Guest

sorry that i cant help:eusa_doh:

3. davo-man

Um, the fact that you have democracy, and it seems to be likely that it's gunna stay that way for a while at least would be a starting point. I honestly don't know a great deal on English history, but I don't think you've had any major uprisings in the last decade, no political scandals that are really worthy of an impeachment (that's the one where they fire the PM isnt it, or is that just for presidents?) etc...Basically the people are generally happy with the way things are run....Well, perhaps not entirely true, but things aren't so bad that people are fleeing the country or attempting to kill the government.....I dunno, I hope I helped, although i doubt I did

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Things are stable in as much as we've had the same elected Government for over 10 years. That's a start....

5. TyraBanksIsFierce

Thanks guys! =D

6. iPieman

I'm not too keen on having the Olympics at the moment.

We're nowhere near ready to host them and it's going to cause a lot of inconvenience.