1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some people hate gay marriage?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sevengoblin, Mar 12, 2008.

1. sevengoblin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Some people are closed minded, living in the past....whatever you want to call it.

That is life. Keep in mind Gay people aren't the only minority group.

3. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I think I will be quite happy if I can live with someone I like. The marriage thing doesnt seem necessary to me:rolleyes:

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is something religion has as being theirs, and heaven forbid that religion could be seen as condoning same-sex couples. :eek:

The values of marriage are starting to become less important for people. It's a lot easier for people to cohabitate rather than get married. There will always be hardcore nutjobs who will scream that marriage is only for heterosexual couples, but there are more and more of them who are finding it useless. The people with power really need to get off their high horse and actually realise that a 'civil partnership' is not the same. Just like the seperate but equal ruling in America for education was not equal.

People will not like it either because they're a religious extremist who would rather listen to a book rather than accept people for who they are, or because they are just homophobic and choose to be afraid of anything they cannot relate to.

Humans are one of the most evolved animals on the planet, yet we're still massive idiots when it comes to living with different people. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I agree :slight_smile:
    I must be one of those but I am trying to be kind to everyone.

6. CrimsonThunder

My God, if gay people start getting married, what will they want to do next? Vote? We can't let that happen!

7. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is the argument I use when talking about legalizing gay marriage. In my experience it usually shuts people up or frustrates them to the point of hilarity.

When people have problems with homosexuality, or in this case gay marriage, it's usually a religious issue. Government presided marriages are not recognized by many churches. By that logic, every time the government performs a marriage, gay or straight, it doesn't count. So if by a religious standard the government marriages don't count then even if the government legalizes it, there's still no such thing as gay marriage. That means that no wrong has been committed, which means their protesting is pointless.

8. Swimmerboy

Because it will end if gays can get married! No more happy gays! And if gays become as miserable as straight people, we will stop having such a positive influence on the world.

Obviously I'm just kidding. People are stupid, What do you expect?

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Vote? That's the tip of the iceberg. WE DEMAND POLITICAL SPOTS FOR GAYS AND FAIR LABOR TOO!

10. ok455

"Because marriage is between a man and woman not two guys or two girls. If gay marriage is legalized people will start marrying animals and Family members"

A pastor on local tv said that. Also i don't see the point of getting married for one people are getting divorced like crazy and i don't want to give half of my stuff up or pay.