1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showering in Locker-rooms?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DeanIsHome, Feb 17, 2013.

1. DeanIsHome

How do you guys shower in a locker room especially if you're a guy? I have such a hard time since my little guy goes up most of the time and i have to take a really cold shower to get it down so the other guys can't notice but what do you do? Going to gym is so hard i hate gym class especially when we have to change or shower it's very uncomfortable for me.

2. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I had to do this for sports in highschool. Though at the time, I had not really accepted myself as gay, more just curious so I can't say that I was super attracted to men at the time.

But, I was super shy so I never felt aroused I guess. My advice is to be just really fast, don't go peeking haha and maybe take a corner spot if there are ones in your shower area. It is difficult, but you can do it!

3. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never took showers because I never participated in gym, and spent most my time sitting with my friends or if they'd send us to in-school-suspension, sitting there reading. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. DeanIsHome

Lol wow, lucky you! I used to skip gym but I'm tired of doing that cause my school has put me on the "truancy list"

Dang lol you're lucky! what sucks is I have to shower with like ALL my friends and we all shower right next to each other it's awkward for me

5. jaysuss

I don't know if it's some awesome ability I have but I changed with hot guys every day since I am on swim team and not one have I ever gotten a boner. I actually never get boners from just looking at people. I think it is odd that i don't but I dont know.

6. You have a right not to get in the shower. In my school I just didn't, and I wasn't the only one.

7. FemCasanova

Yeah, I don`t know how many times I have been glad that I have a female body, simply for the fact that our arousal does not show. Because or else I`d struggle in the showers as well, though not as much there as at the beach. I cannot imagine how tought it must be for a gay guy to do pro swimming with their school swimming team or something. I see all those muscular guys in their tiny underwear and think; "Gay guy heaven" :confused:

8. June Cleaver

For me I just would think of something gross to kill the mood if it was getting exited. In Jr. High 7th grade Bobby was in my gym class and we had to shower together which made it tough that year. The rest of the years it was easy for me. June

9. leer

it`s the one thing that made me 100% sure i was gay. I was in the school football team so I spent a fair bit showering and geting changed with other guys my eyes were everywhere
    and plenty of times I had a hard on most of the times I would hide it even had people bragging how big its getting 90% of them still in puberty. anyway I still go the gym and still
    enjoy the changing my eyes are still all over the place somethings never change:icon_bigg

10. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to design surveying instruments for the mining industry and one occasion had been down a mine with a group of our customers demonstrating our equipment. On returning to the surface we all entered a large communal shower to get cleaned up when one of the customers decided to get into a very technical and lengthy discussion about my gamma ray detector. I had no choice but to stand there stark naked face to face with the also naked customers with nothing to hide behind, fortunately I was spared the embracement of a stiffy, possibly because I had not realised I was gay at the time .. So I guess to avoid embracement in the showers try thinking about something complicated and don’t focus on what you see in front of you.

So after all of that getting changed in the gym is no problem.

Sale Gay Guy

11. Alexander69

Go and shower in a private shower?.... My private school had a public shower and then private showers. The public high school I went to only had a open shower area.

12. SomeNights

agreed I was on the Swim team as well, I just figured I was their to do my business and they were there to do theirs. besides if they ask you can always go with the "why in the hell are you looking" defense

13. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can relate. I'm a swimmer so I use the locker room even more than the usual, and it's hard not get a boner.

14. Motov

I had no choice in 7th grade, we all had to shower no matter what. I very quickly learned to keep my eyes straight, get my business done immediately, and get out.
    In NJ No-one showered in school, so we just changed.

15. Jordz

In my school we never had to shower, they were there for some reason, but nobody ever used them. I would have hated it if we had to do that.

16. DMark69

In my school we had to shower in 7th grade. The gym teacher actually had to check you off as you came out of the shower. After 7th grade however, we were never forced to shower, I did however anyway. I didn't realize I was gay back then, and just got in the habit of not looking our staying in the shower very long.

17. AKTodd

Ok, let's see here...

Between martial arts and later just general working out, spent a goodly chunk of college in locker rooms showering with a lot of very fit college age guys. During virtually all of the general working out part I was both aware of my interest in guys and out.

First off, you're 15, so to a certain degree this is just going to go with the territory for a bit. Congratulations! You're a perfectly normal teenage male. Although you probably already knew that:slight_smile:

Second, some possible things that might help. Going from 'easiest' to 'most challenging'.

a) Talk to the faces, not the bodies: If you focus on the faces of the people around you, you can certainly still see their bodies, but it's a more peripheral thing. Be careful that you don't do this so intently that you come off as a serial killer or something.

b) Focus on the space to the side or slightly above someones head. The point where the ceiling meets the wall is often good. Done carefully, most people can't tell you aren't looking them in the face (most people don't actually look each other in the eyes in the course of normal conversation anyway).

c) Think of non-sexy stuff - When I was showering it was usually before classes, which meant I had stuff to do. Had places to be, homework or projects I knew had to be done or that I hadn't gotten done (and how was I gonna handle that?) , etc. Think about how gym went - did your team win? Lose? How could you have played better? Homework, etc.

d) Calm down and don't think about it - For most guys, especially at your age, just thinking about getting aroused is probably enough to get you halfway there. Add to that the normal...changes in the landscape as a result of air hitting you after you get out of your clothes and then the warm water hitting you and if your attention is already focused on what's going on south of the border, you're going to notice every adjustment and that's going to stress you more and make you think about it more and before you know it a feedback loop is created.

So instead, just worry about getting to the shower and getting it done. Think about being careful not to slip and fall on the wet floor for example. Don't dwell on what your body is feeling or pay much attention. Try and divert yourself. Whatever you do, don't think about pink elephants! I know, made you think about them, didn't I?

c) Take a giant mental step back - I don't know if this is a sort of meditation technique or a bit of self-hypnosis, but it works for me in all sorts of situations.

Let your mind go calm and blank. Don't really consciously think of anything, just sort of let your mental processes, the ongoing noise of your thoughts fade away. Maybe just imagine a single musical note playing non-stop or the sound of a steady cold wind. Maybe focus on the sound of the rushing water of the shower and let that fill your mind. Let everything (conversations, sensory inputs, random thoughts) just sort of come into your mind and kind of sink out of sight. You're keeping enough awareness to move around safely and to make intelligent responses to people talking to you (and take a shower of course), but mostly just kind of let everything flow into and away without really stopping to make much of an impression. Or maybe you're just sort of watching everything from one remove, like it's on a screen or viewed through glass. If your mind starts to go in a sexual direction, just sort of gently divert that away into the calm noise where everything else is going. And finish your shower.

About 90% of the time, this lets me turn off just about any thoughts or feelings, including sexual ones, if I find them coming along at an inconvenient time. It's something I've done for as long as I can remember and I don't really have to think about it anymore, so hopefully I've been able to describe it accurately.

Finally, realize that although they may be worrying about it for different reasons, the other guys in your gym class are almost certainly having the same problem you are, at least sometimes. Which doesn't eliminate your problem, but maybe makes you feel a little less alone and singled out by the universe maybe.

Hope this helps,

Todd

18. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Todd has some really great suggestions.

But I'm surprised that this is an issue for other people. I'm normally too nervous and too self conscious in the shower rooms or in the changing rooms for my penis to even contemplate getting an erection! :lol:

19. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

Thank the lord, I didn't have to shower. I did have to change in front of a ton of guys, but I never got hard.

20. DeanIsHome

^Thanks Todd, I'll try to not look at them, it's just so hard when I have my crush in that class plus like 8+ of my guy friends huddling all around each other cause we talk a lot in the shower.