1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the chances of

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

an LGBT person having an LGBT child? I was randomly thinking about that today for some reason. I have one friend who's mom is a lesbian and him, his brother and his sister are all straight and I have another friend who's mom is a lesbian and he's bisexual. Like is it more likely or less likely for a gay or bi man or woman to have a biological child who is also gay or bisexual?

2. jaysuss

I don't believe we have any evidence to support a claim yet because we have yet to even figure the full reason to why someone ends up apart of the LGBT community when they are developing. There are many theories out there but I don't believe we can pin point is yet.

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Are we talking adoptive or genetic? Because with fostering, it would be inarguable more likely that the child would be gay--it's just genetics. The Evolution of Male Homosexuality - YouTube

If the kid is adopted, epigenetics might hold the answer. Basically, people's genes can evolve over time. So I guess it's possible that the child would be more likely to be gay.