1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does he act like this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jacob789, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Jacob789

It was in class, and we were taking a test, I don't and talk to him that much unless we're in a group for our classwork, etc. etc. But, other than that, he is pretty cool with some of my friends, so we do know each other, and names, etc.

But while we were taking a test he gave me this look, I guess because I was cheating on the test (hehe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I gave him that laugh like "Yeah, I know. aha" look, y'know?

And after the test was over, the teacher was talking and he turned around from his desk and whispered my name and was like "Hey , ... are you gay?"

But when he said those words, it wasn't in an aggressive, or "I'm gonna use this later to hurt you'' type of manner, it was just like saying "hey.. do you have a pencil?" Polite, and just, a question...

And I responded "yeah " in the exact same manner , and he was like " oh , ... " , when he said that he said it inlike, in a non harming manner, y'know?

But this time it was just pure RANDOM and out of no where and I was just like ... woah , lol

Funny thing is that, I notice he acts waaaaay different around me compared to anyone else or his friends. Like, when he's with his friends, he's mister tough guy with money and **** (y'know the typical chit-chat) ... but when there's a quick conversation going on between just ME and HIM, he'll seem to be more gentle and compassionate when talking to me. When I'm not talking to him, but I'm with a group of people, he even starts to try and make the audience laugh around me, sort of trying to get me to laugh as well.

Y'know? Like I'm not dumb, and I notice these things, like he'll look at me with the type of eyes that shows like "You can talk to me if you want" and the "I'm a nice guy" look but I won't because i don't want to mess up plus I never make first moves dude, haha

so what do you guys think ?
    He's a pretty cool guy , but we just never talk , and this time it was just weird, like what made him ask, after we've seen/known each other for yearssss now....
    sooo, what do you guys think?

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww, he probably does like you, at least I'd think so from the way you described him. He obviously doesn't have a problem with you being gay, and is kinder when you guys are alone, those are both big giveaways that he at least has some sort of feelings going on. I say pursue the friendship, or at least ask him what he thinks about it ^__^

3. Jacob789

But what if he's just REALLY nice y'know?

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, in that case I would just really appreciate his friendship, I mean he knows your gay yet is still friendly, most "actual" straight guys would just be a jerk to you. Who knows? You will just have to see :/

5. Jacob789

Hmm, I'm pretty sure no negative outcomes will happen as a result, but I'm
    Nervous to talk to him! That's why I always talk to him indirectly, like ask his group (when we're in groups) any questions and mainly want to focus on his answer.

He seriously does give me undivided attention when I'm speaking though but I think he tries to act normal but lol he's so awkward! Haha

6. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, you add in the awkwardness + undivided attention, and I'm almost convinced there is something going on! Let me know if there are any developments, you have me curious now :lol:

7. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this point, I'd say he's either very accepting (wanting to support you, there's a growing number of straight guys these days who want to help their gay bros get through life), or gay. He could be either right now. I would definetly not get overexcited at this point, rather just try and get to know him. Just chat about shared interests, and maybe ask him if he wants to hang out, play some video games sometime. That would probably be the best first indicator of whether he's gay or not. If he eagerly accepts your invitation, I'd start leaning more towards "he's gay" (though it's still just a sign, not a guarantee), if he looks sort of uncomfortable, he's probably just being a nice guy (the reason he would look uncomfortable is the realization that he might have led you on).

But don't make any assumptions, just use these kinds of indicators to judge which course to take, once you get to know him well enough, just ask him.

8. Jacob789

Hahaha, okay I will surely do once I get off of my school's break! I'll be more open starting Monday!

9. Jacob789

Yes, I know. Lol, I have to calm myself down sometimes. It's just I don't want to mess anything up. So, I'll just be cautious when I get back to school lol

10. leer

well part of me would be questioning if he was curious himself and had guessed you were gay ? if he`s the big macho guy around his like I was and just scared how everyone would react again just like me . then again I could be wrong and he just wants to be supportive .
    but IMO he`s questioning his own sexuality .

11. BiWidow

I'd be tempted to ask him why he asked if you were gay.

12. hello1992

he sounds really nice. I like gentle guys.

I dunno. Some guys do just change character when they're with certain people. Like there was this guy that i was in halls with. He is generally very laddy, the type of guy that would urinate in pot plans just for a laugh (and yes, i had a massive crush on him). So at first i didnt think we could get a long. But then one day we got talking and he was actually very gentle and kind. Very few people speak to me how he did. There was something about it that just made me melt. He told me veyr personal things which i dont think he told many else (some of which were about girl problems :frowning2: ). And even now he will facebook me and just ask me how am i doing. He would complement me and give me friend-to-friend advice. Okay, it sounds like we spoke a lot, but we didnt, just the odd conversation out of the blue.

I really began to crush on him hard. But he was not gay. Maybe its just because he saw that i was innocent and un-laddy and so just toned it down a bit...

As for your friend. There's not much that can be said. i guess you will just have to wait and see...

13. Either he likes you and wants to know or people were talking behind your back about it and wondering so he just wanted to find out. At school I was sitting with a group and none of them were gay and they thought a guy was and were just making speculations out of curiosity.

14. FemCasanova

I wouldn`t make a move on him though. He asked, so he knows you are gay, but if you make a move it might scare him away. After all, since he is the ? factor, he has to be the one to make a move one way or the other. So, appreciate the friendship, try to talk normally with him, and just relax knowing that if he`s straight, he`s obviously a nice straight guy who wants to include you and be supportive. It could simply be that he wants to be the "nice straight guy", and not the other type, which is cool. So, just enjoy the friendship, until he says something about having other ideas.
    :slight_smile: That would be my tip.