1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To This Day Project?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Feb 21, 2013.

1. BudderMC

This video's been floating around my Facebook newsfeed lately, and I just saw it on my YouTube homepage as well. It's pretty intense.

[YOUTUBE]ltun92DfnPY[/YOUTUBE]

Apologies if it was already posted; I didn't see it anywhere immediate.

2. frozenandbroken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I watched this earlier today. These videos are all well and fine, but what's actually being done to STOP the bullying... Countless videos, "It Get's Better Project" yet, nothing is being done, in schools, in the workplace. I think standards need to be enforced. Otherwise it's just another video, and more suicides.

3. FemCasanova

I agree.

The schools have to make the necessary changes to protect students from bullying, they need to enforce the rules and make the fight against bullying a priority!

Also have a better support function for students who do get bullied.

4. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Does anyone else ever feel more concerned for the "bullies" than their victims? The victim is just subject to an irrational and unjustifiable wrong doing. It sucks but it's obviously not their fault no matter what they may believe. The bully takes pleasure in actively tormenting others. Who's in a worse psychological state?

5. FemCasanova

The both of them are. The bullied, because he`s being emotionally and mentally injured on a daily basis. The bully, because most of the time people who bully are people who get bullied themselves, most often at home by an abusive parent or sibling. The support network should go both ways. I don`t believe in once a bully, always a bully, unless there`s a mental illness in the picture. Bullying can be an expression of pain, just as much as isolation and tears.

Do I feel more sorry for the bully than the victim? No, I don`t. However, if there is a big problem with bullying, then simply punishing the bully might not fix the cause behind the problem. This person may go from bullying, to car theft, or assaults. The bully should be enforced a therapist, or frequent conversations with the school nurse/counselor, to figure out what it is that makes this person act in the way he/she does.