1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Gays Giving Blood?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daveed0527, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

So today at school, we had our second of three yearly blood drives. Today was the third time I've ever given blood, but in order to do so, I had to put in false information regarding my sexuality.

One question was if I ever had a relationship with another male, and another was if I ever did anything sexual with a male. My honest responses would've been Yes and Yes. However, I answered No and No. It just suprised me that a male merely having a relationship with another male could prevent lives from being saved. All the blood is tested for diseases as a precaution anyway, so here's my question: Should gays be allowed to donate their blood without lying on their submissions? I respect all of your opinions. Thank you all.

2. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

Thank you. I didn't see it, and I'm glad you posted the link. :slight_smile:

4. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem, It was buried. I had started it and that was the only reason I knew it was there.