1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are your role models?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Just Jess, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Just Jess

Mine's Lynn Conway. If you don't know who she is I'd really recommend looking her up some time.

What about you folks?

2. Lewis

I've never really had a role model, I kinda wish I did. I've always been quite introverted and independent in myself. I've never aspired to be somebody else, even if my life isn't perfect and I'm not the best looking guy in the world!

I do look up to some people though, more so people that aren't celebrities. Friends and family members mostly.

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Craig Ferguson. And Mrs.Butterworth.

#3 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  4. Kyubi

Bertrand Russell

5. Just Jess

You ever wonder if there was a Mr. Butterworth?

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l heard she and Aunt Jemima had a lesbian affair. All very hush hush, you understand :wink:

7. Cthulhu

Science: Richard Feynman or Carl Sagan
    Film: Stanley Kubrick
    Horror literature: HP Lovecraft (duh!)
    Comedy: Monty Python

8. Fate

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one role model - someone I know in real life who helped me through a really tough time in my life. She's really strong and independent which is probably why I find my self comfortable around her.

9. RainbowMan

Alan Turing (and if you don't know him - look him up. What you're doing right now wouldn't be possible without him....)

10. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Ellen D, Michael J. Fox, and Rick Allen.
    - Ellen for obv reasons, Michael cause he shows us all how to keep on fighting. Same goes for Rick Allen...All three people are amazing. :3

11. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Craig Ferguson is cool. I own his autobiography, it's probably one of the best things ever written. Well, best autobiographies written anyway.

Ellen Degeneres, too. And Rebel Wilson. I want to meet her so bad. I love her sense of humour, we could get along great.

Also Carl Sagan and another aspiring scientist whom I know a personal level. :slight_smile:

12. Just Jess

I didn't wanna steal Alan Turing from someone else but he's definitely one of mine too. The man pretty much saved the world. He didn't exactly get the thanks he deserved either. It's really tragic that still happens to so many of us.

13. Naren

Lynn Conway seems interesting. Mine is Kim Petras, Ellen DeGeneres, or Jenna Talackova.
    On an interesting note, my phone wants to correct "Talackova" to "backtalk".

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hands down, Winston Churchill, statesman, artist, orator and made of the very substance of courage

15. hello1992

don't have one, but if i did it would be on this guy that used to be at my uni. He was just amazing. He is so cute, the perfect student, i read all his facebook comments and all his comments are just so nice. He just seems like such a nice guy. He does both cultured and fun things with his friends and he is just someone who i think it would be impossible to dislike in any way. He is so perfect.

Okay, i know i sound stalkerish, but i guess if i was to be someone else it would be him.

16. FollowtheFreeman

Keanu Reeves
    From what I understand, he has lead somewhat of a shitty life. Losing a lot of the people that he loved and yet he is an incredibly nice guy. Not to mention that he is an introverted actor. Which unto itself is kinda cool.

Richard Dawkins
    I wish I was half as awesome as this man is. While I don't always agree with his actions towards religion, I still think he's pretty damn great.

Mr. Rogers
    [YOUTUBE]yXEuEUQIP3Q[/YOUTUBE]

'nuff said

17. UndercoverGypsy

<3 The most important gay man in history... The only person I can think of that even comes close is Freddy Mercury! But, aside from that, the person on 4chan who made Taylor Swift preform at Horace Mann's School for the Deaf. Still don't know if she did it, but it was a valiant effort. :grin:

18. sunnii

It might sound silly and its not because he's hot but Cristiano Ronaldo. His attitude, dedication and work ethic is very admirable as is his journey to become the best in the world despite personal setbacks and beig villified and hated since he started his professional career. The way he presents himself in interviews and how he comes accross is also very admirable. Also he is himan, he has his flaws and he is open to admit them and doesn't hide them. He isn't disingenuous, he's passionate.

Another (crush of mine) is Chris Jericho. To put it simply, he had 2 dreams-to be a pro wrestler and be a rock star and he's achieved both. He, like Ronaldo, became the best in the world. He is a major success in pro wrestling while his band fozzy has gone from a gimmicky cover band to a legit metal band that has slowly but constantly grew in popularity (I'm not really a fozzy fan and Jericho himself admits they're not likely to be the next iron maiden or anything but the success and progress they've made has been amazing)

19. As a completely all-around perfect human, I am open to becoming some of your's role model.

20. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really have a role model, but I really admire Anderson Cooper.