1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by frogger, Feb 23, 2013.

1. frogger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I haven't been on EC for a long time, but I have a very weird funny valentine's story to tell. So I just had to log on.

Little background on me: I've a total tom boy, I wear mens slacks and men's plaid shirts to work everyday, I've Never had a guy ask me out, I've Never had a guy have a crush on me (that i know of), I've Never asked a guy out, I've Never dated, kissed, hug a guy, I currently have a girlfriend that I love very much, I've Never had a guy be my valentine.

So I'm currently renting a room from a nice lady while I'm in another state for an Internship. Her son is also living here, because he had some very serious health problems recently. He is about 24 I think, and I'm 20. I've always been horrible when it comes to noticing if a guy likes me or not, usually my best friend tells me those things.
    He kinda gave hints that he liked me, like he got me a gift, and always asks me if I needed anything. I thought he was just trying to be nice and make me feel at home. One weekend he took me to the Air and Space Museum (I agreed to go because I thought it was gonna be him and his mom, but turned out it was just him, very awkward day). He ended up paying for my lunch afterwards, even though I tried to pay for myself. Then when we got home he showed me this brand new game for PS3 he bought, and wanted to play it with me. Seeing that I'm not from here and usually bored out of my mind, I played his PS3 trivia game. Then he insisted on ordering pizza for dinner and I told him ok, ill pay for half. Of course he wouldn't let me. This was like a week or two before Valentines day.

Anyway, when I came home from work on valentine's day.... I found a giant ass teddy bear, box of assorted chocolates, some space books and a space movie (I'm an intern at NASA), and a card. Thank god no one was home, cuz I freaked out. I txted my best friend about it and she called me. She was laughing her ass off, but I was freaking out. I didn't wanna open the card cuz I was afraid it be a love card. And it totally was. It said stuff like "I just wanted to make u feel special and remind you how incredibly amazing you are" and "you remind me of a shooting star.... like an angel brighter and more gorgeous than the finest guitar..." and "I wish there were more girls like you, but just the one is fine with me" Never in my life have I had a guy like me or show interest in me and the one time I do is when I've already figured out I'm totally gay and completely uninterested in him or any other guy out there. Which is why my best friend found it totally hilarious!! I thought it was kinda funny too, but also makes things awkward.

I told my girlfriend, who is a 1000 miles away right now where my home town is. She laughed too at first, but then felt sad cuz she hadn't gotten me anything big and special for Valentine's day. She feels better now, she bought me a 1 pound hershey's chocolate bar!! which is a million times better than gross assorted chocolates that I haven't even opened lol.

That was my most awkward Valentine's Day ever!

2. Naren

I find that amusing lol. He'd be really let down haha.

3. photoguy93

You poor thing! That is like my worst nightmare! But it's also really sad, because you sound pretty obvious. I find it so fascinating when people are just THAT oblivious.

4. FemCasanova

Poor guy :frowning2: And poor you :frowning2:

You probably should have let him know you were a lesbian when he invited you to his house, lol. I always do that before doing any kind of off-work activity with male friends or colleagues. And even then sometimes it doesn`t work! If the person is a male, he always needs a disclaimer before proceeding with a friendship, that`s my experience :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And often even then you have to shove the message in :wink:

Did the two of you talk afterwards, have you worked it out?

#4 FemCasanova, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. frogger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah lol. I feel like I'm pretty god damn obvious, but yet that didn't seem to stop him.
    And yeah we worked it out. I only see him on weekends, cuz he works night and I work days. So I left him a note on his bedstand, basically said thanks for being nice to me and making me feel at home, but I don't feel the same way about you. Your a good friend, thats it.
    I couldn't tell him the truth, that i'm gay, cuz I already know he'd pretty much hate me or at least think i was weird. I gotta live with him for the next 10 weeks so I wanna get along still.
    Next time I saw him, he apologized and said he was sorry if he made me uncomfortable, he just wanted to make me feel at home here. Ha! Pretty sure he was thinking of more than just wanting to make me feel at home. He was very flustered when talking to me for the next few days.