1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when ur partnered, are u gonna stay-home or stay-work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Mar 14, 2008.

1. neverover

u know, when you're partnered, whos gonna stay at home, and whos gonna go to work? especially when u have kids, theres gotta be someone who stays at home.
    me? once we have a kid (yes, now i want kids one day), i wanna go to work. im not that good at taking care of babies.

2. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

My bf and i both work.

And thats the way it will always be.

3. davo-man

I'm going to work, and I don't see myself having children, however if the right guy comes along, I'm not going to rule it out if it's been what he wants his entire life

4. justjoshoh

There are plenty of examples of single parents and coupled parents that work, yet still make the efforts to nurture their children. There is no need for someone to stay at home, unless if it is their choice. If I or my future partner makes that decision, it is great, but it will not be forced upon one of us.

5. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Both. Perhaps one has a full time job, other a part time, while our kid is in school?

:slight_smile:

6. Erm assuming I was with a guy, I would probably work. And try to raise kids if we have them hahaha. That's just how I work though, I'd try to do it all myself. My mom for example (the most amazing woman I've ever known) is an only parent and manages to work and still raise my sister and I and be there for us too. So who knows, we'll have to see.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We both work (me full time, Markie part time so he also does the housework etc). We don't have any kids (and don't want any).

8. Connor

Connor Guest

Yes, we'd both work. I'm not going to let my partner just pay for everything, that'd be unfair. I don't desire to have children, so someone needing looking after will not be an issue.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Who says that is the way it has to be? You can find an EXCELLENT child care provider, like myself. :icon_bigg

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I know for certain that I'll be working. *hopefully* by this I mean I will be touring and giving concerts and stuff. :slight_smile: As for my girlfriend, well I can imagine she'll probably be working too, although I will make sure we get enough time to be with each other. :wink:

11. Ty

Ty Guest

Both be working. I'd hate to be stuck at home. No kids hopefully >.<

12. jroakwood

i dunno, if i have kids, i would probably love to stay home with them while my man works, but that would depend on my job that i'd be giving up, and his job that he has and if its good enough to support us all, which i hope it would be.
    hahah.

i dunno.... ill cross that bridge when i get there, if i get there.

13. Phantasma

I'd like to maintain a solid career and if my partner felt the same, we'd find a way to make it work. Besides, there are ways to raise a child successfully without having a parent home 24/7. In my case, depending what path I choose, I could well end up working from home which would simplify things. So, one day there will be kids, and we'd both work if that's what we wanted.

14. Fiorino

Kids, yes. But I don't think I'd want to not work at all, I'd feel like I'm a freeloader.
    Or a golddigger, which I'm not and don't want to be.

15. Psychedelic Bookmarks

It would depend on my partner and how much I liked my job. :lol:

16. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I'd probably do it the way my parents did. Make sure someones always there when the kid is but both work.

17. Jim1454

I've had kids with my first partner, and there won't be any more...

She stays at home most of the time, and only works when I have the kids every other weekend. My bf is in the same boat - he works full time and his ex wife is at home with their kids.

The writing is on the wall - we both need to work full time to support the families we already have. And that's perfectly fine with me - I enjoy working, as does he.

18. sexyalex

Ramma. hellooo. ever heard of a baby sitter?!

this is the 22th century, no parent sits at home and looks after their baby! personally if i adopt a child or have one for myself i would still work as a model or a deisgner and come home to my child daily.

i only see my parents for 6-7 hours per day and look how well i turned out! :slight_smile:dry: ur right, u turned out to be torubled, molested, gay, confused, gay, suicidal, gay...idk gay has to be said 3 times cuz it's most important of them all?)

19. sexyalex

i say hye to that.....becky feels like a second mom to me :grin:

20. neverover

idk, im old fashioned guy. dnt really think bout babysitter. because my sister used a stay home babysitter, and it turns out that babysitter is not my style. they dont seems to do things correctly. well, maybe its the wrong babysitter.