1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the thing tht you do that makes you feel good about yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Feb 25, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

I'm a great believer that everybody on this planet has a talent, something that they are good at or something that they do that makes them feel good about themselves. Mine is playing guitar. I was a right little shit when I was at school and I used to play up something rotton, but when I started playing guitar it gave me a focus, something to channel all my energy into. So what is your talent? What is it that you do that makes you feel good about yourself?

2. leer

I dont think I have a given talent like juggling on a unicycle or anything like that . i have a knack of making people feel at ease . BTW you dont look like the little shit kind .

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Writing poetry & singing I guess :slight_smile:

4. LoveMusicPoetry

Aha, another poet, I also write poetry. I was a litttle shit, really, a propper little bastard I was lol.

5. tulman

I've always been mechanically inclined and good at working with my hands. Making things and seeing a working finished product is very rewarding. I love the feeling of accomplishment. That being said, life's greatest reward is successfully raising a family. Nothing beats seeing your kids become productive members of society and the joy of grand children.

6. MixedNutz

i'm a great listener and I have a knack for making people look at situations from a logical standpoint.

very mechanically inclined

7. SupremeEmperor writes third person spiels on how great he is.

8. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love helping people and I love teaching.

9. silkfrog1292

People have commented that I can break down the most complex things into something easily understandable with my writing. I feel proud of myself whenever I was asked to explain something over email, and i can do it in one shot.

I also have a knack for writing, and I love reading and writing. I feel amazing whenever I'm creating my next great adventure on paper.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a runner.

11. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Creating music. Whenever I play the guitar or drums, I can really channel all of my energy into it and go crazy. It's quite enjoyable.

I also have a knack for making nearly anyone laugh, even the most reserved, which is probably my favourite quality.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going into what Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi calls "Flow". Whether writing, drawing/painting, building things, cooking or making music, all of which I do to varying degrees of competence, it's that state that i enjoy, where there is no separation between me and the object I am working on.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm good at making people laugh.
    I throw in that wise crack in that dead silence moment.

I also don't take shit from people, I used to when I younger, but now I'm in your face if you're being an asshole.

14. June Cleaver

I also am mechanically inclined. I was a Buick than Lincoln Mercury mechanic for years and was good at it. I also from teenage years learned clock repair. Till I followed my hearts desire which is to be a housewife. I am a excellent cook and bake better than any bakery around here. Actually my hubby says I cook better than his mom and exwife or any restraunt he has ever ate at. Cooking/ baking came natrually for me and I enjoy it. When I am happy in life you will find me in my kitchen! June

15. Clowstar

i am loyal to the end. i love being that friend that's always there for my friends.

just the other day, one of my friends that i'm not that close to called me at 1am. i happened to be awake, just coming back from watching tv with some friends. she, her boyfriend (who is also my friend), and his brother were at an apartment a few miles from campus and were drunk and they pissed off their host so they needed a ride because none of them were capable of driving home. i asked her if she knew what apartment complex they were at, googled the address, and put it in my GPS and found them. sadly, her boyfriend's brother was flipping out (turns out he took medications with the alcohol) and would not get in the car/leave his truck at the apartment. we waited for about 15 minutes before her boyfriend sobered up a little and said that he'd stay with him and drive when he felt ready. we were reluctant, but at least we bought some time. she was hysterical but i managed to calm her down and take her mind off of it. she texted me yesterday morning and said that i'm on her bridesmaid list when she gets married.

i just did what i thought was right. i don't want anyone getting themselves killed/killing someone else because they were driving drunk. i then posted a status on my facebook that if any one of my friends were drunk and needed a ride, i would drop everything and pick them up.

that's just the kind of person i am. i'm a hufflepuff and proud of it.

16. fuzzywuzzy

Fixing other people's computers, successfully cooking a meal and helping around with what I can.

17. campervankid

I love making people laugh and I also like making cakes. Im not particularly good at baking but I love decorating them and tunrning them into something cool. The other day I made a cake that looked like a campervan. It was a bit lob-sided but you could tell what it was. Also going for runs makes me feel good, not because I'm good at running (I'm useless) but more running = more cake that I can eat :grin:

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writing. I can take an idea and put it to a page, hopefully in a very evocative and beautiful way. I never thought writing would be my thing, but when I was around 15, a switch flipped in my brain, and bam! Desire to express myself through writing, and the ability to do so. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't mean to make it seem like I'm better than I am, because I still struggle at something every time I do it, even if it's as trivial as spelling. But I've had much better luck with this than any other pursuit.

19. Formality

Skiing. Winning arguments, I am really good at that. And I guess I am a good listener, I've been told so.

20. LoveMusicPoetry

Great, it's always good to remember the things that we do that makes us feel good about ourselves. I was feeling particularly low the other night so I wrote a list of all the things that are good about me, it actually turned into quite a long list. I thought I would stick it up on my wall, then when I was feeling like a complete bitch for fucking everones lives up, I could look at it and see exactly what it is I have to give.