1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my brother is a jerk (venting)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AsIUsedToBe, Feb 25, 2013.

1. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother is a complete jerk. My pet died yesturday a pet ive had for 8 years. And all he cares about is him self and ive been crying for the past half hour and he still in his room playing those stupid video games. I just dont want to deal with his carelessness.

2. leer

sorry to hear that mate (*hug*)
    my step sister who is a grad 1 arse hole btw is just the same
    btw what kind of pet was it

3. TheSeeker

Are you saying that your brother is being a jerk because he's not comforting you as you cry over a... Pet? Unless pet is somehow slang now for "close relative", you may want to hold off on judging your brother for a bit.

4. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the fact my brother doesn't care about anyone in my house actually. He ignores me, and always has his door locked. He doesn't treat my parents nicely, or act his age. He's 17 and acts like hes 10. He told me It was just a stupid pet. But if you've ever had a pet before and actually cared about it a lot and took are of it. I'm sure you would understand.

5. Bree

I've cried a lot harder over pets than family members. You are responsible for your pets, and no matter what happens it always feels at least partly your fault. The worst ones are the times it actually is your fault...or if you have to have it euthanised, and hold it as it falls asleep.
    Don't judge until you've called a pet a "baby" and your baby dies.

6. BornInTexas

One of my cats died, and my parents told me, "It is just a pet. They die."

Pisses me off because I fed it half the time. The other half was when they meowed and wanted attention. I have other cats, and one of them is especially close to me. She is like a daughter. I love her so much. When I think something bad could happen to her, I cry like a baby. I've cried worst over thinking something bad might happen to my cat than a family member actually dying. Life is weird.

7. FemCasanova

A lot of people get really bonded with their pets. If any one of my siblings lost a pet, which they have, I would at least give the person a hug and say I`m sorry about .. well.. name of pet. And 8 years is a long time to spend with a creature, and you can bond a lot in that time. Imagine having a friend for 8 years dying. Because to most people, that`s what their pets become, friends and sometimes family. When our family dog dies, my brother is going to really struggle. They are work-out buddies, always takes long walks together, he plays with him, feeds him, have a lot of fun with him. And he`s been with the family for almost 9 years now. We all really love that stupid, but so gentle and loyal dog. But my brother, he`s going to get it the worst.

To the OP:

I am really sorry about your pet (*hug*) I know it`s hard, I`ve lost a few pets myself in my time. What kind of pet was it, how did he/she die?

(*hug*)

8. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry for your loss. (*hug*)

I'm quite lucky, as most people I know are animal people like me, so understand the loss of a pet. One of the days I'm least looking forward to is when my dog Simba passes away. I picked him from the litter at 2 days old, and he's going to be 10 this year. He's been here for me more than anyone else ever has been, and longer than any other friend I've had. Some people don't understand the bond we can have with animals. While I know you'd like that comfort, some people just don't get it. :frowning2:

9. Alexander69

Sorry about your pet. Your brother seems like a selfish brat. Much like my brother I can relate. My bother doesn't know I'm gay no one in my family does yet he calls me faggot, queer, cock sucker, butt fucker, homo, cum sucker, pussy, butt buddie, bitch boy. So I assume he maybe knows I'm gay being that Ive never had a girl friend, I hate sports, love art, fashion, design I have a higher voice...... But it's the fact he says year things to hurt me and they used to hurt me and if I'm in an upset mood try still do but I'm learning to ignore his actions he's not worth my energy. What I'm getting at is.... What did u expect from your brother? He's selfish and you say he is usually like this and he's disrespectful..... Did u really expect him to change now? Over a pet that wasn't his? Selfish people think about their feelings first before others. Say if his pet died he would expect ALL of you to be in mourning with him. The sad BUT honest truth is he is most likely not going to change so as hard as it is you can't get upset over these things he does. But it is also great to vent, air things out talk about the way that you feel :slight_smile: I hope I helped you a little bit ❤

10. Daveed0527

Daveed0527 Guest

Hey, dear. I'm so sorry to hear about your pet. I'm here for you.

I have a little sister like your brother. She doesn't care one bit for the family. She insists on being my second mom (trust me, dealing with my real mom is enough) and she's bossy, smart-mouthed, and arrogant. Sorry, now I'm ranting. But I want you to know: if you ever need anything at all, you can always come to me dor help. And that goes for anyone reading this. I'll help as best I can.

11. jp16

Awww i know how you feel brother and sorry about that, i once have a pet and he died cause he got ran over by a car, i cried a lot back then, i even lay in his sleeping area and cried there. Yeah your brother is a jerk saying "it just a stupid pet".

If my brother said it to me i gonna hit his video games with a hammer and then hit his head.lol no just kidding