1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay PDA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Feb 25, 2013.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Are you embressed to hold hand/ kiss or bf/gf in public if so has anyone made a big deal over it ?

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2013 at 09:37 AM ----------

my aunt and her girlfriend dont do that in public because of other people

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I hold my girlfriend's hand in public, and we've kissed a few times, nobody cares. Of course not many people were around when we kissed, so.. explains why there wasn't much of a reaction.

I feel more embarrassed going into shops and restaurants as a couple because we've gotten the occasional weird stare, but whatever.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will consider myself completely out the moment I am comfortable holding (an eventual) boyfriend's hand in public, proudly and joyfully.

4. fuzzywuzzy

If I had someone I wouldn't be embarassed at all! I don't care about what other people think. Though a classmate whom I have mutual friends with constantly gets angry at other random boys checking him out on the street/suspiciously looking gay and he calls them names and stuff...you know - typical homophobic behaviour. Sadly a lot of people here are like him and you can get beaten up (even killed which was the case with a boy a few years ago).

5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't have a boyfriend, but would never risk showing any signs of affection in public, not even holding hands (simply not a good idea where I live)

Also I personally consider public displays of affection to be rude (always see straight people kiss/hug/etc in public .ug. keep that for home )

6. BornInTexas

Never had a relationship where PDA was shown.

Other than that, I think just a quick hug/kiss or holding hands is okay.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kiss my girlfriend hello and goodbye, and while we've had some funny looks, nobody's had anything to say about it.

8. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I get a boyfriend, I wouldn't mind being affectionate in public, but I'd understand if he was hesitant.

9. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not really comfortable with PDA at all. Just very reserved in that regard.

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course, where you are matters a great deal, and judgment is always to be exercised, but I think an expression of love, gay love, does need to be public in some way. It is the challenge to each one of us to at least bring about our own "normalization" and this won't happen without a little bit of courage.

The closet is a giant black hole and it is so easy to fall back into its orbit without some counteracting gesture that says to the world, I will not disappear again!

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could do the PDA thing, but I only would if I were open carrying my dagger.

12. Cthulhu

I could go that route if I ever got in a relationship.

13. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I would be embarrassed with holding hands maybe, but there is a fine line. Even with straight couples, seeing two people in public practically sucking each other's faces off isn't needed. There's a time and place for that.

14. madi

I would kiss or hold hands with a girlfriend in public if I had one, but I would be hesitant in front of some specific people at school because I don't want things thrown at me

15. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I not a fan of seeing PDA from anyone, so it would be hypocritical if I did it. That being said, Hand holding/hugging/ a small kiss are all acceptable but its a fine line.

16. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like seeing PDA, really. It makes me uncomfortable as fuck. Not the holding hands and hugs, or cheek kisses, or maybe a french kiss. But when couples start making out in front of me, not FOR me, but in public spaces like parks... I think it's really disrespectful, especially if it's in the morning or afternoon.

But I like these kind of stuff and I wouldn't be ashamed to hold hands with girlfriend or anything that I find okay, not make out in public. I don't really care if other people will say it's horrible, oh well... heterossexual couples can do it and I can't?

17. photoguy93

Define PDA. See, kissing someone goodbye or "hey babe" is cute. But "my god, your teeth feel funny. Let me use my tongue to make sure they are ok" is NOT fine. It's disgusting, no matter who you are. Hand holding can be ok, too.

18. Cthulhu

Yeah, when I think PDA, I thought more holding hands, hugging, and small kisses here and there. Not making out in public, which I don't see often.

19. CounterRev03

CounterRev03 Guest

Personally, I feel that if you're with someone you like or love like in any heterosexual relationship out there, being LGBTI shouldn't restrict you from publicly showing that you love your partner. Though some things should be reserved for the bedroom. Gay or straight, it's not widely appreciated when a couple try to eat each others' faces off!

20. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If had a special guy, I'd definitely publicly hold his hand, give him long hugs, and kiss him on the cheek every once in a while, as long as he was okay with that. The stares would be no discouragement for me. Hell, I'm a tall guy with hair that's nearly two feet long and I wear a utility kilt every day; I'm used to getting funny looks. :lol: