1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What are your thoughts on Conspiracy Theories?
    Was the AIDS Virus man made, Hanger 51, was Princess Diana murdered, was JFK taken out by more that 1 assassin, what do you think? :bulb:

2. lexi

lexi Guest

I love conspiracy theories :grin: they're my hobby! I love reading them, but I don't believe all of them. Some are convincing, some are just ridiculous though...

3. LoveMusicPoetry

I couldn't possibly comment on any of those issues, but I have been working on a little theory of my own lately. I haven't got any actual proof yet but I'm working on it. It goes like this: You know when you buy a pack of new socks, and you loving ball them up, put them in the washing basket, then you count them all into the washing maching in perfectly matched pairs. Then after the wash is done, you count them all back out again and they're all odd. Well, I think that there is a little gnome who lives in my washing machine, and he takes away one of each sock. Then each night, when we're all asleep, he sneaks out of the washing machine and takes all the socks to the 32nd day of the month, where he hords them. So all I need to do is go to the 32nd day of each month and get them back. What do you think?

4. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

That's reminiscent of underpants gnomes.

5. LoveMusicPoetry

Lol it is, and that was true wasn't it. These take the socks to the 32nd day of the months though.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bible conspiracy theory
    Bible conspiracy theories posit that much of what is known about the Bible, in particular the New Testament, is a deception. These theories variously claim that Jesus really had a wife, Mary Magdalene, and children, that a group such as the Priory of Sion has secret information about the bloodline of Jesus, that Jesus did not die on the cross and that the carbon dating of the Shroud of Turin was part of a conspiracy by the Vatican to suppress this knowledge, that there was a secret movement to censor books that belonged in the Bible, or the Christ myth theory, proposed for example in Zeitgeist, the Movie as a means of social control by the Roman Empire. A fictionalized contrivance of this is portrayed in the novel The Da Vinci Code.

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sounds pretty cool.
    Whats Hanger 51 and the Princess Diana murder? Curious.

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

UFO conspiracy theory
    A sector of conspiracy theory with a particularly detailed mythology is the extraterrestrial phenomenon, which has become the basis for numerous pieces of popular entertainment, the Area 51/Grey Aliens conspiracy, and allegations surrounding the Dulce Base. It is alleged that the United States government conspires with extraterrestrials involved in the abduction and manipulation of citizens. A variant tells that particular technologies, notably the transistor—were given to American industry in exchange for alien dominance. The enforcers of the clandestine association of human leaders and aliens are the Men in Black, who silence those who speak out on UFO sightings. This conspiracy theory has been the basis of numerous books, as well as the popular television show The X-Files and the Men in Black film series. The X-Files based the plots of many of its episodes around urban legends and conspiracy theories, and had a framing plot which postulated a set of interlocking conspiracies controlling all recent human history.

9. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sounds interesting! I totally believe that one.

10. Naren

Not big on conspiracies.
    I'm not paranoid, whatever people have been saying about me :wink:

11. photoguy93

I love a good conspiracy theory - it just has to be smart and well put together.

Like, I don't really follow ones like "Area 51" as much as I would "Princess Diana" type theories, especially because I just love Princess Diana.

There's always some type of theory. I think some people believed that Diana was killed, especially because the way the Royal Family handled it, and the whole way she died.

12. therunawaybff

I was totally obsessed with the 9/11 Truth movement for a few years in college. I read so much stuff on both sides I still don't know what to believe.

13. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I once wrote a whole paper on the idea that nobody's real and it's all just a hallucination. If it's true, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.....

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With the rash of high-profile massacres involving AR-15s right as Obama's second term rolls around, it's hard not to believe that the violence is a government conspiracy to gather momentum for harsh gun control.

I'm not a paranoid maniac in most cases, but it fits just too freaking well.

15. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I try to avoid letting myself get wrapped up in them.

16. burg

ive been getting critical thinking pod casts.love their take on conspiracies.basically grand conspiracies(conspiracies that involve large amounts of people over long time periods)should be taken with a large degree of skepticism.for the reason that to keep grand conspiracies effective requires the conspires extraordinary effort (where as bill Clinton cant keep his blow jobs secrete)

i personally find grand conspiracies very dangerous.the gay agenda comes to mind.so does the rockefellers owning the world banks.Hitler believed that view and used it as justification for killing millions.

i personaly think the the attraction in conspiracy theories is more to do with ego.i mean when we place ourselves in a groups that see past elaborate lies which would be clearly effective to most people.we then have a personal justification of why our reasoning is superior to other people( it feels real good)i think we are all are guilty of that. im pretty certain i am .im far more likely to read books for example that justify my beliefs rather than challenge them(search for information bias) .

17. Cynder

I think that conspiracy theories are interesting, and I might believe some of them, but I usually don't think about them very often because I think it doesn't effect my life very much, and I probably wouldn't want to know if it was. Like in the matrix, everyone seemed much happier just not knowing the truth, but once they knew they couldn't go back, so I would just like to not know if it is actually true or not if it would effect me.

18. FemCasanova

Diana married British Prince Charles, but as their marriage went to hell, she suddenly ended up dead in a car crash in a tunnel when travelling abroad. A lot of people think she was actually murdered, and that it wasn`t an accident, because Prince Charles had an affair with a woman at the time whom he later married, when it finally became appropriate after Diana`s death.

19. BiWidow

One that hasn't been mentioned is Marilyn Monroe. I've always been curious if she was murdered or if she committed suicide.

20. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Big Brother is watching.

*covers one eye*