1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamsters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caliber, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I own three hamsters and have owned nine in the past, i will be getting another in the next week, has anyone else got any hammies if so what breeds

2. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I have owned four in the past. One was a teddy bear hamster, one a chinese dwarf (I love them, they cling to your finger!), one was some russian hamster that I dont recall the name of, and the last I dont remember the breed. I love hamsters, but I love my guinea pigs more than I loved my hammies. Hamsters are quite cute though.

3. LoveMusicPoetry

No, I don't have hamsters. I do seem to have a particularly devestating affect on them actually, they seem to die while I am around. When I was a kid, I went to about three different friends houses and when I was there, their hamsters died. I wasn't touching them, or even near them or anything, they just seem to die in my presence. Ever since I have always made sure that I check that people don't own hamsters before I enter their houses. I am it seems, the grim reaper of hamsters.

4. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I own only one hamster,a Syrian. Hes's the first one I've ever owned.

5. The username

My brothers and sisters both managed to escape (lucky them). Then, my mom left the cage out in the heat one day on accident. That went well, and I was pissed. I decided hamsters were not for me.

6. BornInTexas

I owned a wild baby bunny. :slight_smile: We took him to the animal shelter after my aunt nursed him up for about a week.

7. Rev 22 20

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a hamster once, with an ex that always had them. His name was Charlie :icon_bigg

But I've never had one on my own. Not a huge fan of em. I prefer dogs and cats. :icon_bigg

8. Byinko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have 2 baby hams, Roborovski.. They're named Panda and White, love em so much :grin:

9. Ticklish Fish

Used to own 2, but separate at 2 different times.

THOSE ARE SO FUCKING ADORABLE

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Aw, I had hamsters as a kid. I had a teddybear and a russian hamster.
    The teddybear one was named Razzy. I miss her, she was so cute. ;__;

Now I feel like buying teddybear hamsters in bulk. They're so adorable.

11. lexi

lexi Guest

I have a panda bear hamster, and honestly she's my baby:slight_smile: not even joking, last week she escaped out of her cage and climbed into bed to cuddle with me...

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I actually had my teddybear do that! I'm not even bs'ing here lol.
    She escaped from her cage one day, and I had no idea where she went but I could hear her under the floorboards or something (this was 8 years ago so I'm forgetting), but I assumed that she was just lost.. and my dad had to pull off the vent cover off the floor but she still wouldn't come up so he left it like that.

And later that night I felt something crawl into my bed, only to find her crawling on me. Not even joking. It was so bizarre. I loved that hamster so much. :'(

13. Bree

My little sister and I had a bunch when we were little, and I've had a couple since. Mostly the little white dwarf ones, but a couple of syrians. They met a variety of fates, including getting lost outside, vanishing into the walls, and being eaten by the dog. A few of them did seem to reach old age, if I recall correctly. The mice were just as difficult to keep alive.
    ...we also had fish, budgies, guinea pigs, and 100+ rabbits. Not counting the fish, they weren't quite as fragile. And chickens. I can't stand chickens. I wish that they were more fragile.

14. animequeen567

I had two dwarf hamsters in the past.

15. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

(!) Hamster on a piano, hamster on a piano, hamster on a piano...eating popcorn on a piano. (!)

16. Alexander69

I used to always buy teddy bear hamsters OMG are they cute I miss them all :frowning2: but I love fish more hehehe :wink:

17. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've owned Hamsters since I was 5 years old and got my first, "Free Willy", from Santa.

I prefer LH Syrian Hamsters, as I love their long funky hair! I'm not a huge fan of the Dwarf Types, but used to own 3 (as I brought a pregnant one home).

I currently have a SH BE Yellow-Black Syrian Hamster named Pooh Bear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll have to post more pictures of some of my past hamsters once I can remember how to get into my old Flickr account. :lol:

18. FruitFly

Personally I'm a lover of Syrians, particularly those of the chocolate variety. Haven't owned any for years though, not since the resident rat catcher moved in.