1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for Cis People

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by J Snow, Feb 26, 2013.

1. J Snow

The thread about asking trans people anything you'd like got me the idea of making this thread. There are always aspects of my youth that I've wondered if they were a byproduct of the trans* experience or if they are something cis people experience too. Naturally my things would be more aimed at cis males, but I encourage other people to ask questions themselves or answer regardless of gender.

So, here are some of the things I've worried about. Please let me know if you relate to any.

1. When I was younger I remember seeing older males and being grossed out by the concept of being hairy like them. Once the body and facial hair came, it came slowly and I got used to it, but I do remember as a kid not wanting to get hairier.

2. In elementary school I used to be too scared to use the urinals in the bathroom. I always peed in the stall and would get made fun of as a result. I was so uncomfortable going to the bathroom and getting made fun of that I would stop going to the bathroom at all for entire 7 hour days, even resulting in me eventually having an "accident" at school.

3. I remember seeing in cartoons that girls always had long batty eyelashes and that guys never had any. For fear of being made fun of for having eyelashes, I started to think that I wasn't supposed to have any, so I started plucking them all out so I didn't have any so I couldn't get made fun of for looking like a girl.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll think of others.

2. Eatthechildren

*To cis girls*
    Do you like... Like your periods?
    I know you complain about them, but do you really hate them? I know a lot (Not all, a lot) want kids, so do you like them because of that, or do you still dislike them?

*To cis guys*
    How do you walk with that thing between your legs lol

3. I second Eatthechildren's post.

4. Ridiculous

I never use the urinal either because I don't like the idea of standing next to someone while doing it, so I don't think that one is trans-specific.

I have pretty long, dark thick eyelashes too. At least my mum always says she is envious of them.

Magic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It is between the legs but it is sort of in front as well, so it's not like it get stuck between your thighs.

5. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always liked facial hair... I thought it looked good on men. It never gave me anxiety about knowing one day I'd have more body hair... haha 21 years old and I'm still waiting for it though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wasn't uncomfortable with using urinals. Or with my eyelashes :slight_smile:

and I walk just fine! I'm not so well endowed that I'm tripping over it, it doesnt usually get in my way. Unless for good reason.

6. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

1)
    Can't say I did. I started to realize I was attracted to guys at around 10 and was anxious to start growing body hair because I was scared of looking gay to other people.​

2)
    I wanted to use the stalls but I never did because I was worried it would make me seem girly. I only wanted to use them because I've always liked privacy though.​

3)
    I grew up watching mostly japanese anime and the males always had long eyelashes and were purposefully drawn to appear handsome/beautiful. Well kempt hair was for some reason the thing that stuck out to me the most, so I never brushed my hair because I thought it would make me seem gay. I still don't ever brush my hair, but now it's because I prefer the way it looks and feels.​

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    cis bi/lesbians-do you ever view your own body in a sexual way? Or at least understand why straight men think it's attractive.

#7 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  8. LailaForbidden

I don't particularly like it. But life doesn't give me much of a choice! personally, i don't want biological kids, but I don't think that has any bearing on it. Ask most girls, they'll say they hate it. Hope I answered that clearly :icon_bigg

9. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About periods - Since I never wanted kids, it was mostly a nuisance. However, in my heterosexual phase, they were good for making it less likely I'd get pregnant at certain times. (I used the "rhythm" method of birth control before I had a tubal ligation.) I'd gladly have my periods back if I could trade in my menopause symptoms, which I definitely hate.

About pubic hair (not a question actually asked here) - I remember others kids making fun of a woman at the pool because hers stuck out of the leg holes of her bathing suit. Forty years later, I still think of it whenever I consider going swimming. Fortunately, I usually go to places where I don't have to wear a bathing suit. I'm very hairy and generally don't do much about it, but I will trim here and there for certain public activities, depending which hairy area is going to show, who will care, and if I care that they care.

10. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For the future purpose of possibly having children, I like my period. It's also nice to be able to almost fully understand what my future gf/wife is going through when she has her period. I am aware that I am privileged to be able to have a period, because I am cis. But for every other purpose, I can't stand it.

It makes me have mood issues the week before which I know are related to my period. Also, I feel really sick during my period. I hate it. It's debilitating and painful. My legs get sore so I can't even stand for too long. I have to lay around for like 2 days. I hate how awful it makes me feel.

As a cis-lesbian, I don't view my body in a sexual way.

11. Agreed. Periods are unpleasant, and if I decide I want kids, I plan to adopt, so it doesn't serve much purpose except to be annoying.

12. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not entirely sure what the question is, but...
    Technically, I'm not still a lesbian, but I've always known why men liked my body. I think it's similar to why the lesbians do. They seem to agree that I have a "perfect butt", as well as other features. I'm not attracted to my own body type for women (mine is slender, not curvy enough for me), but I do like my butt.

13. sguyc

1. I never thought that I would grow into those old guys. Subconciously I would be young and perfect forever, ha.

2. Never had fears of using the urinals. All I cared about was doing the deed and getting back to whatever else I was doing, faster the better. I feel so sorry for women in public bathrooms, so much effort everytime.

3. I had insecurities, but they didn't have to do with being afraid of seeming more feminine. They usually had to do with fashion or how my hair looked, or some similar minute thing.

4. Honestly I hate having a dick whenever I am not using it. It DOES get in the way. It chalfs every once in awhile when running if you wear the wrong clothes, moves in awkward positions and gets hard when I don't want it to.

#13 sguyc, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  14. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    well you answered the question so l'm not sure that you don't know what it is.

Yes, that's what l meant. l'm similar :slight_smile:

15. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Body Hair: Generally I have, and to an extent still do, feel uncomfortable about it but that's more because I've more than an average amount in a culture that tends to shy away from or go "Eww" about it. That being said, I don't see myself getting rid of it for other people's sake, just wish didn't frown upon it so much.

Bathrooms: I don't like urinals either, mainly because it feels less private.

Walking: It's not difficult to walk at all, unless you're in one of, erm, 'those' situations. :icon_redf

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. When I was younger I remember seeing older males and being grossed out by the concept of being hairy like them. Once the body and facial hair came, it came slowly and I got used to it, but I do remember as a kid not wanting to get hairier.

What's the question? Did I worry about getting hairier? Honestly, I don't recall giving it much thought. I'm still too lazy to shave except when the facial hair gets annoying. And I ended up exceptionally hairy. I honestly didn't give it much thought in either direction, though. The way some people have blue eyes, and others have brown eyes, etc. Some are like this, others are like that, and as it ended up, I turned out like this. I guess I just assumed that however I turned out, I'd be fine with it.

I've since learned to quite enjoy the body hair. And I've found others quite enjoy it, too. :slight_smile:

2. In elementary school I used to be too scared to use the urinals in the bathroom. I always peed in the stall and would get made fun of as a result. I was so uncomfortable going to the bathroom and getting made fun of that I would stop going to the bathroom at all for entire 7 hour days, even resulting in me eventually having an "accident" at school.

I still get "pee shy", especially if there's somebody standing right next to me. I usually have to force myself to think of other things to break through that. But it's not as bad as it was.

3. I remember seeing in cartoons that girls always had long batty eyelashes and that guys never had any. For fear of being made fun of for having eyelashes, I started to think that I wasn't supposed to have any, so I started plucking them all out so I didn't have any so I couldn't get made fun of for looking like a girl.

Again, never gave my eyelashes any thought. I think about them as often as I think about my right elbow. :slight_smile:

Distractedly. It loves attention. :slight_smile:

And although it was asked of cis lesbians, I'll answer. I CAN find myself attractive. Especially when I'm horny. Which works out well. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. dreamcatcher

I don't like my period at all because it is extremely painful and I hate how... messy it is. I don't plan on ever doing in vitro so my eggs are pretty much going to waste . So if I never had my period, I would be a very happy person.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really hate having all this body hair. I have a lot on my back, chest, belly, legs, butt, arms. Ya. I hate it. And most of the time, I can just shave my chest, belly and legs, but shaving behind myself is difficult. I guess so far, my solution has been to not be around guys who think that's a show stopper. And did I mention I really hate my back hair? :frowning2:

I have always preferred to pee sitting down, but that's not a gender non-conformity thing; that's just a comfort thing. I have an fairly big privacy problem in public bathrooms where it's extremely hard for me to let go if someone else is in the bathroom, whether I'm using a stall or not.

19. Naren

This sounds a lot like my younger years. Except the eyelash thing; I remember thinking about that once, and dismissing it as trivial. I was scared of body hair when I was like 6.

20. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My answers will be in bold

I personally find facial hair rather annoying, partly because I have a full beard in three days of not shaving. Not everyone wants to be hairy, and I personally dislike how hairy I am.

No one mocked me but yea I also used stalls only, I have always had a poor body image.

I have very lush and full eyebrows, I make my female family members jealous. I don't remember anyone commenting on it. I uess it has to do with where you grow up.

*To cis guys*

Walking easy, working on my feet seven hours in the wrong underwear, owie.