1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did You and Your Partner Meet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by June Cleaver, Feb 27, 2013.

1. June Cleaver

This is a question I have thought a lot about reading posts on here. How did you meet your partner? Please tell me your story and how happy you are. Also how long have you been a couple?

Our story begins at the lowest point of my life. I had turned 40 which hit me hard last year plus I was alone. I was selling things off to make ends meet, so on Craigs List I was listing my van one night. When I ran across this post "I Still Love You" which I opened. It was a chain letter. In it it said repost this and your true love will think of you at midnight. Then at 1:00 and 4:40 PM the next day you will be suprised. I did not break the chain letter.

The next day I was carring the trash down the drive when he walked up. I looked at my phone and it was 1:00 PM. He was my ex's childhood friend and we had met briefly years before. He wanted to see if I needed him to do some work. With no man the yard needed mowing. I have a country home on 8 acres so I have a large yard. We visited for hours on my portch swing. Then he told me that when we first met years earlier I walked away and he noticed I had a nice ass and he told his GF what he thought. He said he did not care if it sounded gay to her. It made me nervous and I offered him a drink. I looked at the kitchen clock as I went in for drinks and it was 4:40PM.

Over the next weeks he worked many days in my yard and we visited and got close. Love developed quite quickly! He was in a bad relationship with a woman, and I was single. By now he had allready asked for service and was over before and after work every day. He lived one house down for the last 6 years with her. She is a typical modern woman, I am a traditional housewife, and he has always wanted a housewife.

He is my soulmate and we have been living happily ever after. One other odd thing is we were born in the same town and he was moved as a child here, I grew up there and moved here in 2005. I have skipped over lots of details to keep it short. That is our story! June

#1 June Cleaver, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. FemCasanova

I don`t know if it qualifies yet, as my GF and I have only been together for 4 months, but we met on an online site for LGBT. It`s as much a meet and keep in touch with friends site, as it is a hook up site. I wrote up that I didn`t have many LGBT friends in my town, she asked if I wanted to get a coffee and know more about the youth branch of our Norwegian LGBT organization, and it went from there. I kind of immediately knew I was going to have problems putting her in the friendzone box, as she had an amazing smile. After a few misunderstandings, almost causing us to not go further, we finally got to the dating part. Now we`re crossing over to the serious and deeper commitment relationship part, and I think it`s going to really work out. So, I have my hopes up that this is one I can manage to keep.

3. AKTodd

My partner and I met in an internet chat room, more or less.

I had just moved to VA from AZ because my life just wasn't working there. A string of jobs I didn't like, the last one of which forced me to move from Tucson to Phoenix and attempt the long distance relationship thing with the guy I was seeing at the time. Plus various financial strains from a combo of student loan debt and various stupid decisions I made in the haze of graduation and an earlier relationship that had struggled along for three years before I ended it (I am probably one of the only people on here to have the same care repossessed twice :eek: )

My best friend, who lived out here at the time, kept trying to talk me into moving out here. They had a mother-in-law suite on their house I could stay in rent free, lots of call center jobs around, etc. The day my boyfriend drove up from Tucson to tell me the long-distance thing wasn't working, I had left a message on my friends v-mail (we talked every few months and it was just that time). She called back just as my (ex)BF was leaving (we parted amicably and still exchange Xmas cards). I asked her if the offer was still open, she said yes, and a few months later I was in VA.

Anyway, I got to VA and my friend introduced me to the internet (this was back around 1996 I think, so it was *much* less capable than now), including online chat rooms. Soon I was chatting on different groups around the country and one person said I should really be chatting in rooms for people in VA since that's where I was. So I did.

First night I was on the VA room, this guy and I start talking and hit it off really fast. He had this weird user name that I learned was a mix of the state abbreviations of several places he had lived, including AZ, where he went to the U of A (go Wildcats!) just not at the same time as me. So we had something in common. He was in the area, so within a week or two we arranged to get together for dinner. I didn't get home until 4:30 the next afternoon:grin:

After that there was a couple months of 'dating', mainly meaning that I still slept at my friends house about half the time, but my partner would take me to work, pick me up, and pretty much spend the whole weekend with me. About the time I had half my clothes at his house anyway, we decided to just save time and have me move in.

My best friend was mock complaining (and still mock complains for that matter) that I stayed with them for about a day and a half and that she had really wanted me to find a nice doctor or lawyer to settle down with (preferably one with a boat). I can't wait to see what happens when her son starts dating :wink:

16yrs later, we live just down the street from the house he was renting when we met (we ended up buying the cheapest house in the best neighborhood in town), financial issues are a thing of the past (my partner is *very* good with money even though neither of us make gobs of it), and we still enjoy each others company as much as when we first met.

Todd

4. June Cleaver

I say it qualfies! I think love is always grand no matter what stage it is in. Good Luck! June

5. I flunked out of school and had to transfer to a local community type college. She was coming back to school after a long time away. We were both a mess and just finally pulling ourselves together and we ended up in the same LGBT group on campus.

I liked her right away although it took me a long time to realize it. There were signs :slight_smile:

She liked me too, although she was seeing someone else at first. So, we didn't get real close at first.

But then some hard stuff started happening in her life and she went through a hard breakup and every day I would see her and ask her if she was okay and if she needed anything. This went on for weeks. And eventually she started talking to me about it. And then she would purposefully linger outside where she knew I would pass after class to see me. And I would hope that I'd run into her (not knowing that she was waiting for me every day)

Pretty soon we started to talk about real things and share our pasts with each other and we had some pretty specific and powerful things in common.

After that it just clicked.

We've been together for eight months. In a few months we'll likely move in together. And sometime after that I'll be asking her to marry me. We're too good together and for each other to give this up.

6. nikom87

I have been married for a little over three years. We met in school through mutual friends. He was in a metal band with a good friend of ours and I started coming to their practices and helping with set-up/transport of equipment. We have a lot in common, both hobby-wise and viewpoint-wise. We moved in together during college. He has been super supportive of me since I came out to him as transgender a couple years ago. I am lucky to have him as my best friend.

7. June Cleaver

WOW! I love how she was waiting and you were wanting her to be there too! It is so rare these days for the person you want to want you back. It seems when I talk about this to people I know, they have this unreal dream person they want so they don't give the ones around them a chance so they friendzone them or use them for onenighters. It took me from 24yo to 40yo to get another good man. I always got lots of offers for sex, and still do, but I wanted more and heald out. I did play every now and then natrually, I am only human! LOL June

8. Cecil

I have yet to see if the one I'm carefully crushing is willing to change his mind about just being friends. He and I have been in the same friend group for years now and I did really like him but I felt I was out of his liege being in a dark emotional state about myself. Now after soo much soul searching (and two relationships later) I want to try and be gf bf.

He found out through our friends that I was interested but he just wants to stay friends and I will honestly respect that.... But I'm going to try one last time once my goals have been met and if he isn't in a relationship. The reason why I want to try one more time is we do kinda flirt! He even flirts in ways i havnt seen him do with anyone else! But in the end if it still doesn't work out ill still be happy and content being good friends :slight_smile: I believe he is my soul mate even if we don't end up together. I keep bettering myself because of him and I will always love him for that.

It doesn't help me much when I'm trying to stay in control and he is drop dead geeky gorgeous!

9. June Cleaver

You go rheel him in girl!!!:icon_bigg I will say a prayer God opens the door for you. Good luck! June