1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG, That Is Just Like Me!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4ever Hearth, Feb 27, 2013.

1. 4ever Hearth

This is about having found a song, a comic-television-book-movie character, etc that made you say "OMG, That Is Just Like Me!!"(maybe not those exact words tho). Something that you related too so heavily that even to this day when your down and out, it races around in the back of your head. I'll go first :icon_wink

Mine was Jean Grey aka Phoenix from The X-Men(oooo big shocker :roflmao: ). Now if you really knew me ( :lol: ) you would know myself and Ms. Grey have several contrasts that "greatly" outweigh our comparisons (Jean: Lean, Attractive, Female, Caucasian, Red-Head with kick-ass powers i.e Telekinesis and Telepathy, an amazing Husband, a close-knit group of bad-ass friends/co-workers, a degree in Medical Science and, can't forget this one, has merged with the entity that governs Life and Death in the Marvel Universe known as "The Phoenix Force." Myself on the other hand: Hulking/Stocky(a physique that shouts "Linebacker" yet never have I once played on a team), Semi-Attractive(mainly due to exuberant eyes and broad yet gentle features), Male, African-American, Brunette with the ability to make ppl want to kick his ass due to his sharp-witted sarcasm(since apparently laughing at yourself every once in awhile is "not cool"), Single for as long as I can remember, a close-knit group of bad-ass friends that somehow manage to deal with me(ups and downs), attempting to get a degree in Psychology but truly dreams of Writing Books and Poems ( :lol: (this is me bullying myself for whatever reason)) and I wish I had a purpose in life as great as being The Vessel/One True Form for an ethereal entity.)

Seeing the contrasts, you wonder what could possibly be the comparison. Well there is only one, one that is quite powerful in itself and really doesn't need another to back it up. It's Heart, or context in her case(And height, I think). Jean was always shown as a "delicate flower" which inevitably dragged along the characteristics of Timid and Emotional(as if that is ALWAYS a bad thing). Yet, ironically enough, it was also stated that she possessed limitless potential and never truly allowed herself to tap it out of Fear and Insecurity. The fear that she would "lose control" and all the other anxieties that can be classified as sub-categories of said Fear. Even with Fear and Insecurity looming over her like an endless storm, she never lost her Heart. She was always kind to those around her and attempted to understand as much as possible even when said situations were foreign to herself(tho she could have literally just "Walked in the other person's shoes" by using her Telepathy). She never took the easy road out and in being so strong of heart, seemingly brought out the best in those around her. Now as much as it seems like I am, i'm not going to start "patting my own back." Personally, I don't think i'm half as good yet the people around me tend to attest to differ including my family(especially my mother who isn't my biggest of fans because of the "liking men" thing). I feel like a fraud when they say it because on the inside i'm broken and I mean broken badd(yes, with two d's). Every breathe, every thought, every emotion, every day feels like another crack in the road which eventually is going to crumble beneath my feet. And this time I won't be able to comeback "From the ashes." God, it hurts so much just to admit that....but anyways I am going to trail back to my point. For those who know the character, you know once The Phoenix Force came along it shook her whole world up. From impersonating Jean to destroying an entire galaxy because of Jean's frenzied emotions(which it had never experienced before). Like the best of them, her heart saved the day and allowed her to pull it all back together again but only after some serious trial and error. Eventually, she made peace with it(acceptiing herself, good and bad, as well as realizing her limitless potential) and merged into "The White Phoenix of The Crown"(the ULTIMATE status that any Phoenix host could ever reach and I think she was the first and only. There were other "White Phoenix" but I think only she was "The White Phoenix of The Crown" right?...). As they say, "Every Ending Is A New Beginning." Once merged with The Phoenix, Jean HAD to take on it's responsibilities and thus was forced to take post in "The White Hot Room( :roflmao: I bet whoever made that up was in need of a serious spa day)" leaving behind all those whom cared deeply for her.

Basically, Jean Grey resonates with me so heavily because if you put me to paper, I am her(just some slight(major) alterations). The Pain, The Fear, The Anxiety, The Love, The Friendship, The Goods, The Bads, The Deaths as well as The Resurrections(Emotional/Mental).....The Heart. Whoever wrote the concept of this character was either assisted by the trickster of an entity I call "Fate" or decided "Well let's just give all the Lovers out there someone to look up to." The one thing that I truly love about Jean is that when I think about her, it makes me want to look more deeply into myself. Pass all the mistakes, failures and short-comings and analyze this beating lump of meat in my chest I call a Heart. To see if, with everything considered, I still can trust, care or dare I say it....Love. And when everything is said and done, I am always left with this conclussive statement in mind: Will I be fortunate enough to find my Scott Summers before my Phoenix Force calls me to arms and I, mournfully, walk into my destiny.....alone.

Well now it's your turn. If you have anything that makes you feel and/or think this deeply, please post. I, and others, would love to hear it. If not, I hope you enjoyed mine. :thumbsup: :smilewave

#1 4ever Hearth, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

3. BornInTexas

I had this moment when I watched an anime on youtube. It was a yaoi, and this boy acted JUST THE WAY I ACT. Jesus christ...it was like watching me on YouTube.

They discontinued the series... :frowning2:

4. Munyal

Hermione Granger. "We could be killed, or worse, expelled!!!" This is how I am. It's crazy and all. And we both like men :slight_smile:

5. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a character in the House of Night book series named Damien, he reminds me of myself almost every time he shows up.

6. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Abed from Community.

Yessir.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Ritsu Tainaka from K-On.

All the way. From the idiotic, teasing nature all the way to the drum playing and extremely extroverted stupidity. Only she's a million times cuter than me. Ah. Yeah.

8. TurtleRage

I don't watch much anime, but I watched an episode of some show called Ouran High School Host Club. I saw how Haruhi Fujioka acted and thought, "Yep. That's me." :rolle:

9. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

James Dean in the movie Rebel Without A Cause. Meh, I was a teen at the time. ;p

10. 4ever Hearth

I definitely want to say thank you to those who commented. Now I don't feel like a complete freak about relating to a comic book character. :roflmao: And thanks for sharing your "Alternate" selves as well. I will admit, I was quite surprised to see so many to from animes.

11. Vesper

She's not uncannily like me, but the character Sakaki from the anime series Azumanga Daioh shares more traits with me than any other character, as far as I know.

One is her quiet, cool exterior which belies a secret love of cute things--especially cats, which she isn't allowed to keep due to her mother's allergies. I'm not allowed to keep cats because I myself am allergic to them (much to my consternation). Like her, if I were alone with a cat, I'd become an entirely different person than I am usually and act even a little silly. I hate acting silly in front of friends, and I'm actually a little too self-conscious about maintaining a certain type of demeanor amongst them.

Like me, she has natural athleticism that she doesn't necessarily enjoy showing off due to some insecurities (though unlike her, I didn't play any sports in high school). Finally, we both do/did well academically in secondary school, but neither of us were top students.

#11 Vesper, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  12. FemCasanova

Hm, my first one is less about relating to someone, and more like really wanting to be able to relate to or see myself in someone. Yoda, from Star Wars. I have always had this secret dream about achieving that kind of acceptance of the world around me, and a peace no matter what terrible things happen in it. I want to end up all wise and knowledgeable, and of course it would be great fun to always confuse people with riddles. So, when it comes to characters, I really like him.

However, Dr. Rodney Mckay is a bit like me. I ended up defending him to the point of tears when my sister was bad-mouthing that character, until I realized I compared the two of us on a deeper level, without being aware of it. We are both actually caring, but can have trouble relating a bit to other people, and thus end up a little on the outside. Not so much in the later years, but when I was younger, definitely. We both have a bad habit, of talking without thinking. Again, not so much anymore, but in my younger days, yes. I have gotten loads better at that. And we have both been unlucky in love. He is intelligent, but a little arrogant and argumentative, a flaw we are both aware of. And if you see the episode where they like the alternate reality Rodney better than him, he took it very heavily, which I again can relate to, as I really do want to be liked, and back in the younger days thought the only way people would like me was if I was intelligent, worked hard and got everything right. So, yeah, I see a bit of Rodney in me. He is trying to hard to make people admire his intellect, because he doesn`t think anyone could like him for who he is, which is very much the attitude I had once. I had to be intelligent, do everything perfectly and always do a great job, then people would like and accept me.

From SG1 I see a bit of Jack in me too. The guy who always feels responsible for everyone, who can be stubborn, hot-headed and who takes charge. That`s me in the family situation, though I have mellowed over the years. He also has lost stuff, and struggle with emotional baggage, which I also can relate to. He is definitely not a believer in talking it out and not the best diplomat, rather the "get angry and blow stuff up", which was me before therapy, rofl! Also, we have almost an identical sense of humor, lol, which I have kept :wink:

13. Sayu

Franky from Skins :slight_smile: