1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a virgin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Feb 28, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

So my question is this: Am I a virgin or what? I have a child, so I've clearly done it with a man once, lol. But The more I tot things up in my mind, the more sure I am that I am a lesbian. I'm not, and never have been physically interested in men. Sex with men has always been awkward and unfulfilling. It's like, when I have had sex with a man, I'm like, yeah, that's done, let's never speak of it again. I was even like it in the dim and distant past when I had sex with the man I am married to. He'd want to talk about it, or he'd mention it all happy and I woud just feel a bit sick. So, I am still a virgin as far as my true sexuality goes, so does that make me a propper virgin?

2. Ridiculous

Whether you're a virgin or not is sort of a personal criteria, but I think it would be a bit misleading to other people if you told them you were a virgin. I'm a firm believer that labels are only useful if they are meaningful to the people you are telling, and I think this a reasonably clear situation where the vast majority would say you weren't a virgin.

You could clarify and say you're a lady-virgin or something to that effect though.

3. LoveMusicPoetry

Yeah. I'm not actually bothered really, it just popped into my head as an interesting question. I'm like that, I occupy my mind with silly little questions, theories and ideas all the time.

4. yidnah87

Overall, you would probably not be a virgin, as you've had vaginal sex with a man. This is most people's definition of virginity. However, many on here will be a virgin with one sex but not a virgin with the other sex. So I guess you're a virgin with women but not with men :grin:

However, I wouldn't stress about it too much.

5. therunawaybff

I consider virginity with men and women separate, to be honest. I first had sex with a girl when I was fourteen, and slept with plenty other girls in the years between that and college, but the first time I slept with a guy I may as well have not slept with anybody before, I was so nervous and it was completely different than any time before. Physically the act was different, of course, but mostly it was an emotional difference.

6. Mogget

I've written about my thoughts on virginity here.

7. LoveMusicPoetry

Wow, that was an interesting read, thank you for that. I absolutely agree with your conclusions. Sexual purity....lol....yeah right.......

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mogget, your piece on virginity is excellent!

9. Zontar

Given that nobody can agree on what it is, I would say this question is unanswerable.

You can say, however, that you're inexperienced with women.

10. hello1992

virginity usually is associated between a man and a women. When most of my gay friends talk about their virginity they talk about losing their gay/man virginity (being a gay male). Some LGBT's who have been with both genders will talk about virginity between the two genders as two separate things.

So i guess you could say you have lost your male virginity but you are still a female virginity??

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Not a virgin. Interesting theory though