1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Penis of a Gay Male.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SupremeEmperor, Feb 28, 2013.

1. I saw this study somewhere that said the average gay male had a larger penis than his heterosexual counterpart, now since Western Culture considers penis size in males a major sign of sexual prowess and manliness and since gay males aren't typically seen as being very manly, I find it interesting that we (supposedly) have bigger penises. I realize this doesn't really mean anything but still, one cannot help but notice the irony. SupremeEmperor out.

2. therunawaybff

Regardless of whether it's true or not, it seems to be sort of a self-serving study.

"Hey, we might be a terribly oppressed sexual minority, but at least we have big dicks!"

3. PeteNJ

Read it too, something like 1/3 inch or 1/2 inch larger.

Ok -- any guy will take that (LOL), but its not a HUGE difference!

Among gay men, there are many who are very masculine, think bears, think muscleheads, think the very straight looking men who are gay.

4. BudderMC

Think of this: you're combining two very sensitive studies - penis size and sexuality.

You're guaranteed to get an underrepresentation in your sample of gay males (as they're the minority and more socially frowned upon) and men with small penises (as they're the minority and more socially frowned upon).

If that isn't a sampling bias, I don't know what is.

5. therunawaybff

I call statistical shenanigans.

6. Exactly. That's a good thing, right?

7. therunawaybff

I reckon I'll take all the pros I can get.

8. June Cleaver

The opposite is true compairing me to my BF in the size department. I have seen lots of packages over the years and there is no ryme or reason for the big ones from what I have seen. June

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The title of this thread would make a wonderful book title :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This.

Most penis size studies rely on self-reports, which isn't really reliable at all. Specially when it comes to gay men who are a bit known to be size queens :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. What a ridiculous 'study'.

12. Mandy

To me it does not matter the size. It is not what you are who you are.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll just say I've got no complaints, and leave it at that. :slight_smile:

Lex

14. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Exactly. And I think it is very difficult to identify a "true" heterosexual and "true" homosexual in a study. They are relying on self report, which may or may not reflect their true orientations. This is the problem when studies say "gay men have similar brains to women." How do they know they are gay? How do they know those brain structures were apparent from birth or changed over time? I take all of this with a grain of salt. Until we know how to truly identify orientation scientifically and not via self report, then we won't have any conclusive answers.

15. therunawaybff

Right?

The orientation thing a huge obstacle to the accuracy of this study. I've slept with a bunch of women, but I'm only in love with one guy.

Therefore, is my dick a straight dick or a gay dick? :lol:

16. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:

17. meetmehalfway

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wasn't there a study ages ago linking longer fingers, or specific fingers being longer to being gay? Was that nonsense? If there was something to that maybe there could be something to this.

18. June Cleaver

Boy aint that the truth! Guys always seem to add a few inches to the real number! LOL I have run across a few that thought they were adverage or small and they were really big. So it all depends on the point of view or honesty of the man. then some never say. My current BF has never talked about it yet, or bragged to buddys about it that I have ever heard and he sure could. I guess he is secure with his manhood. June

19. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't remember the details, but I do recall some study like that. I think (but can't remember for certain) that it was a proportion between certain fingers. That is, one finger would be longer on gay men then straight men when compared to another finger. Or some such thing. I can't remember the details, but then I take these studies with a grain of salt. I remember reading on another forum one guy (who is gay) comment that he'd read one of these studies, and found that his body corresponded to a straight male. He concluded by saying he wondered if he should break the news to his boyfriend.

20. hello1992

did you find that from wikipedia??

These surveys are usually subject to a lot of bias, the main one being selection bias. I therefore would therefore be careful about reading any statistic about surveys involving masculinity in some way or another.

But other than that, it is interesting to understand why, if it was true...