1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you miss Princess Diana?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of people often say how much they miss Princess Diana, how much she used to brighten up the News stories & that now they are all full of doom & gloom :icon_sad:

2. therunawaybff

As an American, I've gotta say I never thought about her much one way or the other. She seemed like a sweet lady.

3. MerBear

im an american but i wish she was still alive. she seemed like an amazing person.
    My mom loved princess diana.....she truly was a legend in my eyes.

very sad loss but she will always be missed.

4. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I only knew about her from dinner table conversations as a kid and do remember her death. I was probably in 1st grade around the time. It was the second major media event I can clearly remember as a kid, behind OJ's trial and before JFK's Jr.'s death and 9/11. From what I heard, she was deeply involved in humanitarian efforts.

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I can't say much about her, but she seemed like a truly amazing lady. She passed when I was about a year old, though. But it was a tragedy. My mum loved her, and saw her as one of the most influential and people to have ever lived.

#5 Oddish, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  6. meetmehalfway

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She certainly had a presence, but I can't say that I think about her a great deal nowadays. I do remember being a bit upset at the time. Everyone seemed to get swept up in it.

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. Cthulhu

She seemed to be a good mother, from what I can tell.

9. Harve

[​IMG]

I can't say I really care.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I can't miss someone I never really knew. But I remember when I was little how huge it was when she died, which is always sad (save for the scummiest members of society).

11. hello1992

i was like 5 so i wouldn't say i was even aware of her. But i guess she was a good person and it seems everyone loved her, so i guess i miss her only because of her legacy.

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [​IMG]

This is Princess Diana with a AIDS Patient, people in the late 80's were hysterical when AIDS became prominent during this period after Rock Hudson died, but she broke down barriers when she visited a AIDS Patient in hospital & held his hand, this did more for the AIDS cause than any public advertisement campaign, she was so compassionate :slight_smile:

13. Salazar

I think that in many ways, she was a good woman, but she had time to be good, since she never really had to work. She had her baggage, just as everyone else has theirs. Can't say ideally are.it irritates me how the daily mail keeps harking back to her to rebuild the moral fabric of society.

14. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Quite a legacy :icon_bigg

15. um. not really no.

It's sad that she died and that she was so young...but I didn't know her, I'm a bit young to know of her in any sort of meaningful sense and lots of people I don't know die all the time and some of those people are awesome too...but I don't miss them.

16. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I used to be obsessed with Princess Diana all through out highschool, ask me anything about her and I will probably know it. lol.

I think she was such a great positive force in this world, it's so sad that she died the way she did. She definitely died before her time.

I was 7 years old when she died, and still remember hearing about it on the news.

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not many peoples deaths can cause such an impact, people like Princess Diana, JFK, John Lennon, Elvis Presley to name a few :icon_wink

18. Alexander69

I wast born when she died but my mother loved her said she was a classy and sophisticated lady and perfect for a queen.

19. BiWidow

I can't say that I "miss" her, not having known her personally. Although, I do wish she was still alive. She seemed like such a selfless and kind person with her humanitarian efforts. When the rest of the royal family kept their distance from commoners, she went into the masses to speak to people at their level. I can see that she had a great influence on her sons. Prince William seems to enjoy mixing with the public and helping the less fortunate. She was too young to die but she certainly left her mark on the world.

20. leer

I had an aunty JO who was obsessed with Diana thought that she would change the world into a better place . Remember when JO looked after me her house was covered with with photos mum told me part of JO died when Diana died and she cried for weeks on the day of the funeral she traveled to where she was burred and left £100s pounds worth of flowers
    reefs .